Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trolling post deleted along with the quote of it (sorry W).

If anyone sees anyone insulting or just plain trolling report the post. I can't see everything especially as the section is getting busier with the Hobbit, Maquettes and PF's but the reported posts will (and do) help.

You peeps are right, this is LOTR ande we never have trouble in LOTR, unfortunately though with a membership of over 10K now it's not like it was in the SSW days here anymore. We have a whole new crowd and with the larger membership comes the odd bad apple/trouble causer (not saying they weren't there when we were a smaller forum though ;)) or person who thinks they are funny when they are nothing but insulting.

So all I say is if you see a member (old or new) trolling, insulting people etc, please report the post so we can look at it.
Thanks.
x :wave

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to this piece. I dunno if I'm gonna get it yet as I have Sauron already but if it's as good as Jerry's Print, then I may have to replace this one I have :rock

You're doing just fine A! Thanks for the help. :duff
Thanks Josh :duff :1-1:
x :)

Last edited:
I am too. Its a piece I will be making every effort to get especially with having Jerry's work already. I'd die I think if they had it at Comic-Con.

No problem. :duff

I'll second that...thanks for all the hard work Shell...it can't be easy.

Let's just all play nice guys!
:duff
Bill
Thanks Bill :wave
x

I am too. Its a piece I will be making every effort to get especially with having Jerry's work already. I'd die I think if they had it at Comic-Con.

No problem. :duff

Oooo, do you think they will have it at the Con??. That would be VERY cool and you better take (please please) many many pics if they do J :duff
Take many pics anyway, I love seeing what they have at the Con every year.
x :peace

Its totally possible I'd like to hope. Obviously, not having seen a production video it could be a long shot but maybe it might be or at least something in their panel about it. If its there I will make sure to take plenty of pics. No worries about that.

Will do. Sharing my pics is part of why I go. :duff

Its totally possible I'd like to hope. Obviously, not having seen a production video it could be a long shot but maybe it might be or at least something in their panel about it. If its there I will make sure to take plenty of pics. No worries about that.

Will do. Sharing my pics is part of why I go. :duff

I hate to be a killjoy :monkey3 :lol, but I'd eat my hat [if I owned one] if SS premiered this PF at SDCC. Since the PF is based on Jerry's conceptual design/artwork there simply wouldn't have been enough time for SS to have completed the prototype. Mind you, I wouldn't be upset in the least if SS did reveal it, but I suspect [or hope] you are right in regard to SS at least providing a sneak peek for us.

I suspect during this year's SDCC we are all going to have resign ourselves to the fact we're just going to have to settle for the RWOS PF. :wink1: :yess:

I'm in for this PF, no matter the pose. (And no matter how many FlexPay payments it takes!) :monkey5

I'm really hoping the exclusive will be his sword.

They made one but it didn't end up in the movie. (He uses it in the famously scrapped fight between him and Aragorn that they shot for ROTK but didn't use.)

I got the chance to see the sword (and the whole suit of armor) up close at the traveling museum exhibit several years back ... and it's amazing. Really stunning in person. :thud:

Here's hoping we see at least a little video footage of this bad boy at the Con!

I hate to be a killjoy :monkey3 :lol, but I'd eat my hat [if I owned one] if SS premiered this PF at SDCC. Since the PF is based on Jerry's conceptual design/artwork there simply wouldn't have been enough time for SS to have completed the prototype. Mind you, I wouldn't be upset in the least if SS did reveal it, but I suspect [or hope] you are right in regard to SS at least providing a sneak peek for us.

I suspect during this year's SDCC we are all going to have resign ourselves to the fact we're just going to have to settle for the RWOS PF. :wink1: :yess:

Well, I'm not betting my life on it. :lol Its a long shot but one can hope. :lol

That would be ok too. I look forward to seeing that and any new maquettes that will hopefully be there.

Well, I'm not betting my life on it. :lol Its a long shot but one can hope. :lol

That would be ok too. I look forward to seeing that and any new maquettes that will hopefully be there.

:lol Yeah, I know, and it's all good. There's really no downside to this year's SDCC as far as I'm concerned. Whether we get the RWOS or Sauron PF I'll be ecstatic. Add to that the Arwen or Boromir maquette [my money's on Arwen] and some potential sneak peeks of PF's and maquettes currently in production and this is shaping up as a terrific SDCC for LOTR collectors. :clap

:lol Yeah, I know, and it's all good. There's really no downside to this year's SDCC as far as I'm concerned. Whether we get the RWOS or Sauron PF I'll be ecstatic. Add to that the Arwen or Boromir maquette [my money's on Arwen] and some potential sneak peeks of PF's and maquettes currently in production and this is shaping up as a terrific SDCC for LOTR collectors. :clap

I agree. I think this years Con for LOTR items will be one of the best since I've been going. I'm looking forward to see what they have lined up ready for us to drool over. We'll know in just a couple weeks really when the online part of the SS event starts.

I do expect Arwen and I think Boromir as well will both be there. Along with a nice video during their panel.

You peeps are right, this is LOTR ande we never have trouble in LOTR, unfortunately though with a membership of over 10K now it's not like it was in the SSW days here anymore.

Oh for the days when people could refrain from personally insulting each other when one person had a different opinion to someone else.
Keep up the good work and hopefully the majority of decent posters here will patrol the boards against trolling with you :peace

Trolling post deleted along with the quote of it (sorry W).

If anyone sees anyone insulting or just plain trolling report the post. I can't see everything especially as the section is getting busier with the Hobbit, Maquettes and PF's but the reported posts will (and do) help.

You peeps are right, this is LOTR ande we never have trouble in LOTR, unfortunately though with a membership of over 10K now it's not like it was in the SSW days here anymore. We have a whole new crowd and with the larger membership comes the odd bad apple/trouble causer (not saying they weren't there when we were a smaller forum though ;)) or person who thinks they are funny when they are nothing but insulting.

So all I say is if you see a member (old or new) trolling, insulting people etc, please report the post so we can look at it.
Thanks.
x :wave

Thanks Shell, unfortunately trolling seems to be a real problem these days. I'm not quite sure why some feel the need to enter threads and/or discussions that have nothing to do with them or their own particular collecting preferences, but it seems some people just aren't happy unless they're stirring things up....it's kind of sad when you think about it, but it's also good to know something is being done about it. :duff

I agree. I think this years Con for LOTR items will be one of the best since I've been going. I'm looking forward to see what they have lined up ready for us to drool over. We'll know in just a couple weeks really when the online part of the SS event starts.

I do expect Arwen and I think Boromir as well will both be there. Along with a nice video during their panel.

Yeah, I can't argue with you, I think this is going to be a fantastic SDCC as far as LOTR is concerned. SS has said more than once that we could expect to see Gimli and Arwen prior to Boromir so I definitely think we'll see Arwen shortly, but I'm not so sure about Boromir anymore. It was exactly one year ago today that SS launched the maquette line with Aragorn and I was hoping for something similar with Arwen, that she would be a precursor to SDCC this year just like Aragorn was last year, but I'm just not sure that's going to happen this time around. :(

Yeah, I can't argue with you, I think this is going to be a fantastic SDCC as far as LOTR is concerned. SS has said more than once that we could expect to see Gimli and Arwen prior to Boromir so I definitely think we'll see Arwen shortly, but I'm not so sure about Boromir anymore. It was exactly one year ago today that SS launched the maquette line with Aragorn and I was hoping for something similar with Arwen, that she would be a precursor to SDCC this year just like Aragorn was last year, but I'm just not sure that's going to happen this time around. :(

Oh I fully expect Arwen to be there but do feel quite good about Boromir. We've still got 14 days until Sideshow online comic-con event starts so we may still see something but if not I expect things once it gets going will be awesome.

Oh I fully expect Arwen to be there but do feel quite good about Boromir. We've still got 14 days until Sideshow online comic-con event starts so we may still see something but if not I expect things once it gets going will be awesome.

True enough. It's hard to believe SDCC is only 5 weeks away.....:yess:

Back