Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint is not the best but I think it works. This really is probably my favorite piece that I own.

Congrats on getting it!

The PF arrived today with no shipping damage as far as I can tell.

First impressions are:

1. Size and sculpt are awesome.
2. Paint is surprisingly bland.

I love it though, it's an awesome statue and the pose looks much less feminine in person.

The damaged shoulder spike is almost completely unnoticeable...I mean I never would have seen it if it wasn't pointed out to me. I feel kinda bad for the guy who sold this.

With that being said, I'm glad I didn't spend $900 on this. I don't think it's worth that much. It's scary to think SS could have easily slapped the LSF price tag on this. :horror

This is why 1k wasnt that bad. Minus the paint part, he is pretty much a LSF at about half the price.

Plus at 1k, I am hoping eventually he will go up. :pray:

The paint is not the best but I think it works. This really is probably my favorite piece that I own.

Congrats on getting it!
Thanks!

Though the paint in general is fairly dull/bland, I think the glow effect turned out pretty good.

I really need to track down the painting this statue was based on now.

Congrats on getting it!

The paint job kept a few more buyers away and that's a fact...It might have sold out already if the armour looked like silver metal with black ash on it vs the attempt at lava reflection. I am curious how many are left out there to buy. Even with sellout I don't see the secondary market being much higher $$

The paint did keep some away. I think the number may be overstated by some though. :lol I personally feel the piece is worth the price I paid and most reactions I've seen to it have said the same. If you can get this guy for a deal that's fantastic. I do think down the road he'll at worst go for retail if not a smidge above. Either way I don't care as I'm just glad to have one.

Thanks!

Though the paint in general is fairly dull/bland, I think the glow effect turned out pretty good.

I really need to track down the painting this statue was based on now.

Jerry Vanderstelt. He still has paper or giclee canvas prints available for it. Just google him.

This is why 1k wasnt that bad. Minus the paint part, he is pretty much a LSF at about half the price.

Plus at 1k, I am hoping eventually he will go up. :pray:

Don't forget that LSF are way overpriced. Wolverine, Mark VII, Doom etc shouldn't be priced over $1.000,- IMO.

20141115_212710.jpg20141115_212719.jpg20141115_212724.jpg

Here is my sauran with a custom paint job

YES. Now we're talking. That looks great Flank! It could use a bit more dark in areas, maybe?

Sauron.jpg~original

I know there is lots of debate about the factory paint on this piece but does anyone know of another piece that has been so frequently repainted?

I know there is lots of debate about the factory paint on this piece but does anyone know of another piece that has been so frequently repainted?

I don't think it's as frequent as it seems. A few folks here and there have but if you only pay attention to here and say statue forum it just seems higher. I'd say less than 1% of those that have bought this have done anything. The response I've seen from most collectors is that they love the piece. I don't think I've see. Anyone on any of the collecting groups I follow on FB have done anything to theirs. That's if they aren't a member of one of these boards that is. People repaint stuff all the time I've seen from these groups as well. It's kind of crazy what people do with their items.

Last edited:
Back