Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys.

I usually share a few sneek peeks of my own projects when allowed, but this is Sideshow's baby, so it is not my place to share any images of the project's progress, although I am involved somewhat. I understand the waiting can be torture, :impatient: but it will be worth the wait!

Have a good day everyone!

JV

Nothing to apologize for Jerry! The tease we got with your artwork was fantastic, and knowing that a Sauron PF coming based on that design is amazing!

We totally get that you can't share anything that isn't approved to share, but we are certainly always hungry for more LOTR collectible news!

I would love to hear more about upcoming products, but keep the release schedule the same so I can afford it!

Oh, I'm not appologizing, just explaining that pics are not mine to share in this case ; )

In the case of my next LOTR project ( a fiery guy in an underground kingdom ) I will be giving sneeks where possible!

JV

I hope that your next sneak preview will also be used as a basis for an upcoming Maquette or Premium Format too!

I did say maquette or premium format, but given the scale, I think it is safe to say that any of the larger scale monsters like the Balrog might be more appropriate for the maquette line. I would imagine that even 1:6 scale would be impossibly large for some monsters or characters though!

I did say maquette or premium format, but given the scale, I think it is safe to say that any of the larger scale monsters like the Balrog might be more appropriate for the maquette line. I would imagine that even 1:6 scale would be impossibly large for some monsters or characters though!

I would still like to see a big ass Balrog, don't care what scale he is in, I just would want him at least to be 2ft tall. Would be sick if he had his wings as well, maybe as an Ex? A King Of the Dead pf would be sick too.

I would still like to see a big ass Balrog, don't care what scale he is in, I just would want him at least to be 2ft tall. Would be sick if he had his wings as well, maybe as an Ex? A King Of the Dead pf would be sick too.

I think that is what I am most gunning for at this point too. regardless of the scale or line he might get shifted into. A true to scale maquette or Premium Format would be too large for either line. I would just love to see a huge cave troll and balrog and Treebeard, even if the scale isn't 100% accurate. I just hope we see them all as full-body figures at some point.

Sauron is certainly a little easier to manage in the Premium Format line though, and even he will be ridiculously large!

I just watched the extended blu ray version of FOTR, and I mean no offence to the artwork that is supposed to be inspiring this PF, but I think SS should have gone with this image. It shows off the ring of power, is different from the SSW pose and is screen inspired. I kind of feel like the setting being on the side of a mountain and Sauron looking kinda casual is not dynamic enough. I mean is it supposed to be the dark lord and owner of the one ring of power? I look at the artwork and see a pomeranian where the end of the mace should be and some dude in armour standing like his dog isn't taking a dump.
Not sure where the top of the the mace disappears to in the screen cap tho?
It is probably too late but please SS make the PF off the screen cap pose.

vlcsnap-2011-06-16-00h17m51s205.png

vs

042511sauron.jpg

Is that not a knife he is holding INFECDEAD...the post you suggest is quite like the SSW one I think (apart from the mace that is)...in fact I am looking at the SSW one right now...and apart from his left hand holding the mace it is almost the same.

:diff
Bill

I just watched the extended blu ray version of FOTR, and I mean no offence to the artwork that is supposed to be inspiring this PF, but I think SS should have gone with this image. It shows off the ring of power, is different from the SSW pose and is screen inspired. I kind of feel like the setting being on the side of a mountain and Sauron looking kinda casual is not dynamic enough. I mean is it supposed to be the dark lord and owner of the one ring of power? I look at the artwork and see a pomeranian where the end of the mace should be and some dude in armour standing like his dog isn't taking a dump.
It is probably too late but please SS make the PF off the screen cap pose.

How is it different, apart from the knife instead of the mace? :lol

Is that not a knife he is holding INFECDEAD...the post you suggest is quite like the SSW one I think (apart from the mace that is)...in fact I am looking at the SSW one right now...and apart from his left hand holding the mace it is almost the same.

Bill

Exactly. :exactly:

Personally I love the pose from the artwork. What's wrong with something different? :dunno

Bill

vlcsnap-2011-06-16-00h17m51s205.png
1136038183.jpg
]

Not only is the screencap quite like the SSW statue, other than the weapon he's holding in his left hand it's practically identical. And it should be because that's what the SSW statue is based on.

Bill

It might be a knife but there is no difference in my 65 inch panny and my 26 inch computer monitor about anything besides the handle looking off cos the picture is so washed out - The SSW pose looks like he is reciting shakespeare. The ex should have been a skull for the right hand. The movie cap has head, hips and arm changes and has different attitude to the pose SSW used.

Back