Sabertooth Classic Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, he is so easy to photograph. This statue is so good, can't wait to pair him with Wolvie.

Thanks guys, he is so easy to photograph. This statue is so good, can't wait to pair him with Wolvie.

my EX just arrived and this statue is killer. Both portraits are homeruns but the open mouth is a real winner with subtle blue veins popping in his forehead and back of his throat. Overall sculpt and pose excellent, paint apps on the body are pretty solid with a little bit of slop in a few spots. The base is nice but the stupid bowl is the weakest part of this statue (poorly finished and boring). If you're getting wolverine, this is a must IMO!

my EX just arrived and this statue is killer. Both portraits are homeruns but the open mouth is a real winner with subtle blue veins popping in his forehead and back of his throat. Overall sculpt and pose excellent, paint apps on the body are pretty solid with a little bit of slop in a few spots. The base is nice but the stupid bowl is the weakest part of this statue (poorly finished and boring). If you're getting wolverine, this is a must IMO!

Congrats, I agree with all your comments there, the EX head perhaps is one the best head sculpts Sideshow ever produced. I honestly think this statue is better than Wolverine PF, but I will confirm that when I get my Wolvie, hopefully this month.

Congrats, I agree with all your comments there, the EX head perhaps is one the best head sculpts Sideshow ever produced. I honestly think this statue is better than Wolverine PF, but I will confirm that when I get my Wolvie, hopefully this month.

agree, both head sculpts are amazing. The regular head is very menacing, and honestly I'd be very happy with just that one. This is a sleeper hit IMO

My poor Sabes, broken fingernail / warped arm key

but aside from that this takes the cake. It looks so much better than original. The paint on the portraits, just WOW. Notice the vein popping in his forehead, and the slicked gums?

Highly recommended.

Sabe03_zpsw4tmnypr.jpg

Sabe04_zpscu4cezls.jpg

Sabe11_zpshpwfq1sv.jpg

Sabe05_zps7er8q7pa.jpg

Sabe06_zps88xvo2fs.jpg

Sabe07_zpsbieiliy5.jpg

Sabe08_zpsob01qnko.jpg

Sabe10_zpsi1zbx096.jpg

Sabe02_zps2n7mvjhq.jpg

Sabe02d_zpsow4oztdv.jpg

Sabe02b_zpsintrme7y.jpg

Sabe02c_zpsp7ekjxd1.jpg

Sabe01_zpsks1l5i3q.jpg

definitely, it makes me feel a bit more at ease preordering X-MEN pieces moving forward

Yeah, for me it's not even a comparison. This Sabes blows the 1st PJ PF out of the water. Sorry to hear about the damage on your Sabes Rulk. I hope CS takes good care of you.

Do they have to send you a whole new body to replace the broken fingernail, or is the hand removable?

Hands are removable, the other one doesn't connect all the way

Yeah, for me it's not even a comparison. This Sabes blows the 1st PJ PF out of the water. Sorry to hear about the damage on your Sabes Rulk. I hope CS takes good care of you.

Yup ...I concur!

Much appreciate the comaprison pics Rulk. Sorry to hear about the broken nail and arm key situation. ugh..Keep us posted on how you make out.

This piece is really amazing. Both head scuplts look insane. Pajama sabretooth can now take a back seat for good. My ex cant get here soon enough!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

**** it. Used RP to drop down the price to 400. This looks really badass.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Lol this still IS better but the first PF is still cool. That's the costume I think of when I think Sabretooth so.

Lol this still IS better but the first PF is still cool. That's the costume I think of when I think Sabretooth so.

I like both costumes. However, I actually have Iron Fist issue 14. I believe that's Sabes debut issue. The classic costume is still the costume I associate with the most when it comes to Sabes. So, this PF would be hands down the one I picked for my collection. I have Bowen's 1st Sabes statue in my 1/6 collection as well. That statue has his modern costume so I'm covered. I hate the pj's on the 1st PF so much that I'm relieved SSC gave us this fully sculpted variant. I honestly thought I would have to go without a 1/4 Sabes in my collection (because there was NO chance of me buying the OG PF). This is the 1st time I can say I'm truly happy SSC put out a variant statue. I wouldn't have a 1/4 Sabes if they didn't.

**** it. Used RP to drop down the price to 400. This looks really badass.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Good choice. You see how incredible this PF turned out. Everyone that POd one is happy with it. I get mine today. I can't wait to unbox this savage beast.

228/750 in da house! WOW, OH WOW! Damn, this piece is absolutely KILLER. What a fantastic job by SSC on this sculpt. Mine came out perfect. GREAT sculpt and incredibly clean paint apps. For me personally, SSC has been on a tear recently with gorgeous sculpts and fantastic paint apps. My last few SSC PFs have been stellar. Modern Thor, Lobo, and now Sabes are phenomenal PFs.

Getting back to Sabes...both portraits are spectacular. I really don't know which one looks better. I'll start with the screaming head but I'll definitely be swapping it out regularly with the awesome evil grinning portrait. The classic costume is just spot on. It looks fabulous and being fully sculpted really makes the piece stand out in a good way. Love the snow covered rock base. He looks like he's in his environment. Geez, those finger and toe nails are awesome to behold. He's such an aggressive and scary looking BEAST. This is Sabes at his best and all of you that have one coming will be floored with just how great this piece turned out. A tip of the hat to SSC for a job well done. I can't wait for Wolverine.

Saw this at my lcs today. They had both old and new. The new blows away the old one by a million. Not even a close comparison imo. Still wished they did a new sculpt instead of a repaint with added parts because it's just lazy and cost cutting. For the money buyers deserve a brand new sculpt.

Back