S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few cell phone pics before bed:

JAjuwRf.jpg

w5LngMy.jpg

qw4M1RJ.jpg

i3V0LXL.jpg

82TG8vS.jpg

I guess I am more easily pleased, because I cannot stop staring at the awesomeness of this new Han Solo. He has plenty of accessories for me, and the pictures don't do him justice. Now, if Bandai/Tamashii were to make a Han Solo from TESB, I might weep.

Anyway, I am expecting that the next POs will be TFA Han Solo and/or FN-2187. Perhaps we'll also see ANH Obi-Wan this Fall.

This figure is so goddamn amazing. I cannot wait for Chewie to come in.

Z9HSQvz.jpg

0WkNDIu.jpg

Mafex Phasma comparison shots from Facebook. He said it still feels light like their 3PO, but better put together.

17202664_1795627267117677_8744645911489369142_n.jpg
16939516_1795670057113398_8559257261528619380_n.jpg

I've had Han Solo for about a week and I just realized he doesn't come with any other faces. Crazy.

Few cell phone pics before bed:

qw4M1RJ.jpg

I don't mean to be an *******, but are you sure you got the real deal and not a bootleg ?
I don't know, to me he really doesn't look as good as the promo pic, at all, more like Mickey Rourke after plastic surgery.
It's a serious question, I ask because I've recently been burned on Ebay with a Figma "Table Museum The Thinker" (the famous Rodin's sculpture) and it was clearly a bootleg with a warped face due to bad recasting. Everything else was similar down to the packaging , but I know it was a bootleg since I already had the original in hand. The difference between the two in painting and packaging was barely noticeable, but in terms of sculpting (likeness) and plastic quality... night and day ! I started a dispute on Ebay and got my money back from the seller (located in China).

The amount of gold in the hair seems to differ from sample to sample with less being more. I hate that stuff, why Han has it i don't know. It doesn't work. Another thing, the eyes also seem to be all over the place with some appearing bright blue. Show me a picture where his eyes ever appear blue in ANH. (I believe he has hazel eyes).

Luckily i got the worst of the worst on my sample with a ton of gold and bright blue eyes.:lol:(

Add in what i already said above and welp, i'm about done. This was the figure i was most looking forward to for a loooong time and in my case Bandai dropped the ball badly.:mad:

I'm still going to stick with my PO for Chewie but if they use that gold...

In the meantime i need to find some dark brown paint.

No, definitely not a bootleg.

I got him from amiami, not ebay or anything.

Packaging was top notch, like all my others SHFs.

It's the sculpt and paint - looks good in some pictures/ angles and not so good in others.

I will agree with what others have said: he looks much better in hand. I just wish the hair wasn't so...gold.

:gah: It appears that I got the bright blue eyed Han as well. I have some eye decals that are 1/12 scale I got from Arrow Graphics that I am going to try. I don't like to paint production figures unless I have extra parts, like heads etc. The decals could be removed if I didn't like them or wanted to sell Han off in the future.
20170306_132458-1.jpg

:gah: It appears that I got the bright blue eyed Han as well. I have some eye decals that are 1/12 scale I got from Arrow Graphics that I am going to try. I don't like to paint production figures unless I have extra parts, like heads etc. The decals could be removed if I didn't like them or wanted to sell Han off in the future.

where did you get it from? gonna order one soon want to avoid if possible any issue.

Just pre-ordered Padme from mykobini's Ebay page. Had a $30 coupon to spend, so I got it for $50. Also got $8 in Ebay bucks. Today's a good day so far.

Well that doesn't look good.

Is it just the flash washing it out? Are there two versions out there - one bad (blue eyed?) and one good? I haven't seen any photos making it look as bad as that.

Got both my Hans today....one is better than the other. Luckily the one with the better eyes also has noticeably darker, less gold highlights hair. Phew. Other is a back up or sell later.

View attachment 328993

Looks like his iris is disappearing.

View attachment 328993

Do you have a link to where I could purchase the eye decals?

So I have a theory after sitting with Han for a bit. May be bit tin-hatty. I love the figure and I think it looks incredible. That being said, comparing with the promo shots, I think the production head was enlarged slightly somewhere in the process. I also believe that the face print stayed the same size, giving us a somewhat cross-eyed and distorted final product. It's most noticeable with the nose, lips, and chin to me.

I had 3 of these come in from HLJ and all of them were opened and double-taped. Is it possible that they went in and tried to fix the eyes after seeing people's distaste for the displayed photos? Maybe this is why some of the pupils look extra grainy? Just my crazy idea, I've been trying to figure out what seems off about the figure. Again, it's still one of my favorite pieces on the shelf!

Back