S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I...Im just in disbelief reading over the last few pages. A few minor nitpicks, facial gripes, some of which are warranted, but others, like the crooked nose ARE accurate to Fords facial features, and paint apps misaligned, which I have seen FAR worse of, even in the star wars line, and suddenly hes the worst figure in the line? Come on folks, you can only beat the ocd drum so much before it wears out.

To add some much needed positivity into the thread, my Han is pretty much perfect, a couple minor hicups here and there but nothing to go kicking and screaming to tamashii about. Im perfectly happy with him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I...Im just in disbelief reading over the last few pages. A few minor nitpicks, facial gripes, some of which are warranted, but others, like the crooked nose ARE accurate to Fords facial features, and paint apps misaligned, which I have seen FAR worse of, even in the star wars line, and suddenly hes the worst figure in the line? Come on folks, you can only beat the ocd drum so much before it wears out.

To add some much needed positivity into the thread, my Han is pretty much perfect, a couple minor hicups here and there but nothing to go kicking and screaming to tamashii about. Im perfectly happy with him.

The packaging is bending/smashing the tip of the nose on some peoples figures. They aren't talking about the overall crookedness. Some of these are really bad, i went through 15 YT videos a few nights ago and they are all over the place like no other Figuarts figure i have seen. Perhaps you got a good one. One with correctly painted eyes and less gold and overall slop on the figure. In that case awesome. However some of us have very valid complaints that aren't minor in the slightest.

Come on people. The percentage of bad samples is ridiculous. Most of the people has good figures! I can't believe some of you are taking this as an example to say that Bandai is turning bad with quality :slap. Oh, and someones saying "I will pass" because some pics of bad paint job on the eyes.
I received two Han Solo and both are near perfect. So, please be honest with your analisys. I mean "my figure has an error" instead of "the figures have an error".

Can't believe I'm actually in agreement with both kanunuk and big Deano at the same same time....but here here!
Maybe us UK guys got a good shipment?

For real you guys ***** a little too much lol. Every figure that comes out has SOMETHING wrong with it. They're the best 1/12 Star Wars figures out there and probably will be for the foreseeable future. Sure some copies will turn out less than perfect but that's the name of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Han Solo is shipping thru SAL so its gonna be a bit of a longer wait for me. On the other hand, I received my MAFEX Kylo Ren last week and I kinda like it. Head moves better than the shf Kylo Ren.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Come on people. The percentage of bad samples is ridiculous. Most of the people has good figures! I can't believe some of you are taking this as an example to say that Bandai is turning bad with quality :slap. Oh, and someones saying "I will pass" because some pics of bad paint job on the eyes.
I received two Han Solo and both are near perfect. So, please be honest with your analisys. I mean "my figure has an error" instead of "the figures have an error".

Congratulations, many of us weren't so lucky. Until recently you could rely on any given sample of any figure in this line would be 90% perfect straight out of the box. For the prices Bandai are charging, if the QC is going to become a £40+ per figure game of roulette that's not good enough. Especially for a bare-bones release like Han. No extra expressions, no gloved shooting and gripping hands, no stormtrooper belt. Putting the Han I received next to Mace Windu, it was cringe-inducing to compare the difference in quality on the faces alone.

Can't believe I'm actually in agreement with both kanunuk and big Deano at the same same time....but here here!
Maybe us UK guys got a good shipment?

Guess I can scotch that theory because I'm UK-based and I'd go as far as to say the Han I received was worse than the Jango Fett I received. I kept Jango, at least.

I'm stuck for cash this month (Nintendo Switch!) so I let Ami cancel my Han order. I do want him but some of the tales here are scary, I'm not sure I want to take a chance and re-order him. Could do with more in hand photos if anyone has some ;)

Congratulations, many of us weren't so lucky. Until recently you could rely on any given sample of any figure in this line would be 90% perfect straight out of the box. For the prices Bandai are charging, if the QC is going to become a £40+ per figure game of roulette that's not good enough. Especially for a bare-bones release like Han. No extra expressions, no gloved shooting and gripping hands, no stormtrooper belt. Putting the Han I received next to Mace Windu, it was cringe-inducing to compare the difference in quality on the faces alone.

Guess I can scotch that theory because I'm UK-based and I'd go as far as to say the Han I received was worse than the Jango Fett I received. I kept Jango, at least.

Well....commiserations. I kind of agree with you. For the money and the brand reputation, inconsistency is a big no no. Many people bashed Mafex into submission and we got the greatest figure of 2016 from them....they obviously listened to the community. Let's hope SHF bounce back very soon with the figure of 2017.....I'm going Bespin Luke with training accessories and Yoda.....make it a special edition and gave us all drooling and praising SHF to the stars. Listen up SHF CEO!!

My I also add.....as I type this, I look at the 20+ SHF Star wars figures I have purchased in just the last 12 months....including 7 storm troopers and feel very happy. Han looks well.....but I'd hate to see that already great heritage start to disappear for greedy profit cost cutting. Our loyalty should not be taken for granted.

I'm stuck for cash this month (Nintendo Switch!) so I let Ami cancel my Han order. I do want him but some of the tales here are scary, I'm not sure I want to take a chance and re-order him. Could do with more in hand photos if anyone has some ;)

Well, Nintendo Switch is the perfect example for what is happening with Han Solo. So many Switch sold, some people reporting errors... but the truth is that the videoconsole is working perfectly at 99% of the cases. Then, don't trust the minor bad reviews about Han Solo to justify not buying it. The figure is near perfect in most of the samples! How many of them have been sold!!!??? How many people have been reporting errors!!!???
There are not been hundreds of collectors talking bad about SHF Han, that's a farse!
I don't know how exactly the collectors comunity is going on right now, but seems that a cold war is happenig with Hasbro / Bandai / Mafex, and people being paid for some good / bad reviews... just like PS4 / Nintendo / Xbox.

The Nintendo Switch is not a console. lol

That being said, I think the main problem with this Han release is the quality control.

I am 100% confident that they got help from another factory to aid them with the predicted high volume of sales for this particular release.

That extra factory ended up turning out some bad Han's.

The Nintendo Switch is not a console. lol

That being said, I think the main problem with this Han release is the quality control.

I am 100% confident that they got help from another factory to aid them with the predicted high volume of sales for this particular release.

That extra factory ended up turning out some bad Han's.

Yeah, sure... :)

I spent a wee bit of time today fleshing out my SHF wishlist. I broke it down by movie:

TPM: Qui-Gon Jinn
AOTC: Count Dooku
ROTS: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Darth Sidious
R1: Chirrut Imwe, Base Malbus, Director Krennic
ANH: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi
TESB: Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Boba Fett, Snowtrooper, Lando Calrissian, Darth Vader (re-sculpted)
ROTJ: Emperor Palpatine
TFA: Rey, Finn, Luke Skywalker

If Bandai got around to making even some of these, I'd be ecstatic.

Back