S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no reason to argue guys mafex is TRASH case closed.
Yeah, its really not a fair assessment to tar every mafex the same. Both companies have their good and bad releases, and true, figuarts have more good than bad, but mafex Boba and (if qc holds) the upcoming rogue one vader are like mini suits they look so real. Then we have figuarts jango and the geonosis battle droid from figuarts, possibly their worst figures from any of their lines.

Both companies shouldnt be treated like they cant do anything wrong/right, because neither is perfect.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just got an email from NY saying that Kylo's release has been moved up 4 days to 24th Feb. I love Figuarts....... always on schedule!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I got one from NY for Han saying exactly the same!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If I were to get a Kylo, it would be the Mafex, purely because it would have the right presence next the others. It was why chose their Vader too, at that scale, I could overlook the inaccuracies and he just looks right dueling with Luke. I will always go for what I think looks the best to me. As it stands, the next purchase would be a RO Stormie, followed maybe by Han and Chewie.....

I've owned 4 Mafex toys and won't be buying another one.

Sure, Figuarts have their 'misses' but that mostly has to do with bad choices for articulation / strange proportions. But their joints are ALWAYS buttery smooth straight out of the box. Paint is always where it should be too.

With Mafex, I've had loose joints on ALL of my purchases, had a Batman leg break off by barely looking at it, had Boba Fett's shoulder pad come out of the box broken, First Order Stormtroopers has shoulder armor attached to his torso rather than arms, etc. Even the graphic design feels cheap compared to Bandai's efforts. And I know a lot of people LOVE the Mafex Boba, but I can't even get him to stand in a full natural position beyond the one pose you see him in everwhere. Elbows can't even go past 90 (a sin for a bounty hunter with a weapon) and the Wookie braids don't allow his right arm to full sit relaxed. Their QC is just on a different level than Bandai.

Not bashing Mafex, just done purchasing them. Selling a few if anyone is interested in them cheap =)

I'm sure there are cases where someone has had better luck with Mafex but that's not been my experience.

Comparison between the two - found this on instagram.
IMG_3502.JPG

That picture looks terrible. His scarf covers bottom part of mask, and soft goods look worse than Hasbro's... I had ordered him but decided to cancel. I have the SHF figure & 2 BS figures (re-release with shorter cloak textured scarf & the waste of money Kmart one). Was gonna get this to have an unmasked version as it looked better than Hasbro's BS version, and his lightsaber blade looked cool and different from the others. Also noticed in some pictures his lightsaber looks way too long also.. Not a $50 figure. If he ever goes dirt cheap, maybe, but also need to see some more comparison photos.

Maybe I got too annoyed by reading so many posts with baseless facts, but no. They are not using the same 3D face scanning prints as Tamashii Nations.

They are just using 3D prints for very small and detailed parts like the pupils and tattoos which other manufacturers have started doing eons ago.

What you are seeing is still prototypes for promo shots to mislead you.

And I'm pretty sure everyone and anyone can read the following line: *Photos are of a prototype and the actual product may differ.

That picture looks terrible. His scarf covers bottom part of mask, and soft goods look worse than Hasbro's... I had ordered him but decided to cancel. I have the SHF figure & 2 BS figures (re-release with shorter cloak textured scarf & the waste of money Kmart one). Was gonna get this to have an unmasked version as it looked better than Hasbro's BS version, and his lightsaber blade looked cool and different from the others. Also noticed in some pictures his lightsaber looks way too long also.. Not a $50 figure. If he ever goes dirt cheap, maybe, but also need to see some more comparison photos.

It's all up to the reviewer on how he handles his figures, you don't remove a Hot Toys from the box with misaligned clothing and call it a terrible figure.

And the long lightsaber has been in the promo shots for like what? A year already?

Maybe I got too annoyed by reading so many posts with baseless facts, but no. They are not using the same 3D face scanning prints as Tamashii Nations.

They are just using 3D prints for very small and detailed parts like the pupils and tattoos which other manufacturers have started doing eons ago.

What you are seeing is still prototypes for promo shots to mislead you.

And I'm pretty sure everyone and anyone can read the following line: *Photos are of a prototype and the actual product may differ.
You can definitley and almost should expect the final product to not look as good as the proto images (that goes for almost any figure), but what Medicom is doing is ridiculous. The drop in quality is absurd. It's pretty much false advertising.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That all depends on how long you've been around Medicom. For me it's par for the course and I've seen enough reviews over the years to know the score. I only got the Mafex Vader because, having seen reviews, he was the best of a bad bunch and looked good enough to be put where I wanted him.

If every figure were done by whoever does the prototype, could you imagine how much they'd be and how many there would be!?

Would you be able to provide a link, please? The Tamashii Star Wars page is showing 2/24 for Han Solo, but is not showing a release date for Kylo. Much appreciated.

https://tamashii.jp/special/sw/lineup_shf.html#shf_lukeskywallker_hope

Got an email from Bandai on 1/23 informing me of the shipping date. Here is the text of the email. Basically says Kylo will begin shipping on 2/15.

プレミアムバンダイをご利用いただきましてまことにありがとうございます。
予約商品の発送開始日が決まりましたので、ご案内申しあげます。
(こちらのメールは、複数回ご注文の方にも一回の配信となっております。)
発送予定内容

発送開始日 2/15(水)発送開始
発送商品 S.H.Figuarts カイロ・レン (THE FORCE AWAKENS)

Got an email from Bandai on 1/23 informing me of the shipping date. Here is the text of the email. Basically says Kylo will begin shipping on 2/15.

プレミアムバンダイをご利用いただきましてまことにありがとうございます。
予約商品の発送開始日が決まりましたので、ご案内申しあげます。
(こちらのメールは、複数回ご注文の方にも一回の配信となっております。)
発送予定内容

発送開始日 2/15(水)発送開始
発送商品 S.H.Figuarts カイロ・レン (THE FORCE AWAKENS)

Thank you! Thank you!

Considering it's Star Wars' 40th Anniversary this year, I'm expecting we'll get Obi-Wan and the Droids. Hopefully Leia and ANH Vader too.

Considering it's Star Wars' 40th Anniversary this year, I'm expecting we'll get Obi-Wan and the Droids. Hopefully Leia and ANH Vader too.

We know what we are getting up through June, and we have seen that TFA Han and FN-2187 are probably going to follow soon right after that, which may take us through August. That would leave four releases for the rest of the year - maybe five if they double up in December for TLJ.

We might see ANH Kenobi in one of those four months, and I would love to see the droids offered as either a 2-pack or as separate releases. But sometimes these figures can linger for years. We have seen Grievous, C-3PO from AOTC, the droids, Resistance Rey, and a Super Battle Droid, with no mention of any release dates for them.

Back