S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know when preorders go up for the TROS figs? Also if I end up hating TROS the likelihood of me selling off my near complete SHF SW collection is pretty high. So keep that in mind friends if you are looking for a near complete lot.

They went up yesterday.

Yeah I'm in no hurry to preorder any of these releases as they're all available later and usually discounted. I don't use stands so not looking to pick up any of those.

The new ROTJ Vader has been released

All 3 S.H. Figuarts versions comparison

68c04285.jpg

Original w/Jedi Luke head comparison

40c3e611.jpg

Full review

https://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52048939.html

Definite improvement over the previous one, but the old Shaw head looks far more detailed. Odd that the new one has such a soft head sculpt. Also, is it just me, or does the new one look less like Shaw, and more like Hayden in prosthetic makeup? Hmmm.....

The new ROTJ Vader has been released

All 3 S.H. Figuarts versions comparison

View attachment 468566

Original w/Jedi Luke head comparison

View attachment 468567

Full review

https://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52048939.html

The fact that people even defended the first release's height as being fine. LOOK AT THAT LOL. It looks like a teen in a costume.

That said, it has a far superior looking unmasked face. But the actual life support bits are better are the new one.

I don't think I would ever display mine with the mask off, so I guess it doesn't phase me too much that the new head is less detailed. Overall, I think the new one looks incredible. My only teeny-tiny nitpick is that, based on all photos I've seen so far, the lenses on the helmet look too 'flat', and should have more of a curvature to them. Almost kinda makes him look like he's wearing sunglasses from certain angles. From straight-on it looks great though.

Definite improvement over the previous one, but the old Shaw head looks far more detailed. Odd that the new one has such a soft head sculpt. Also, is it just me, or does the new one look less like Shaw, and more like Hayden in prosthetic makeup? Hmmm.....

Yeah the first Anakin head was essentially perfect, it's not like it's even underscaled really. Odd thing to go back to that and to then make the sculpt softer and then paint it worse. Glad the Vader side looks very good though.

The fact that people even defended the first release's height as being fine. LOOK AT THAT LOL. It looks like a teen in a costume.

That said, it has a far superior looking unmasked face. But the actual life support bits are better are the new one.

Ironic enough, The old figuarts Vader fits more with making a Revenge of the Sith Vader as he and Anakin are the same height.

The newer face looks more Hayden like than the original's Shaw, but I'm not sure. I do know I want it!

Ironic enough, The old figuarts Vader fits more with making a Revenge of the Sith Vader as he and Anakin are the same height.

The newer face looks more Hayden like than the original's Shaw, but I'm not sure. I do know I want it!

I honestly don't care that much for either unmasked face. Bandai proved with Darth Maul that they can get the likeness perfect even when it's buried under makeup, but I don't think they tried too hard with either Vader. But for me, I don't care. I don't want to display him unmasked. I want an accurate looking helmet, and for that, the new Vader is outstanding.

Got my Vader’s and Jedi Luke re release figures today. Vader looks great and the unmasked head look better in person but they took a step back with Luke and toned down the eyes to where they look like the 1st release. Excited to open Vader tonight.

Got my Vader’s and Jedi Luke re release figures today. Vader looks great and the unmasked head look better in person but they took a step back with Luke and toned down the eyes to where they look like the 1st release. Excited to open Vader tonight.

Are the wrists on this Luke still fragile? That's what I'm absolutely terrified about with getting this Luke again. At least I have the remains of the 3rd release in case I need parts, but I hope mine doesn't break out the box again.

Are the wrists on this Luke still fragile? That's what I'm absolutely terrified about with getting this Luke again. At least I have the remains of the 3rd release in case I need parts, but I hope mine doesn't break out the box again.

I’m not sure if it does or not. You would think they would fix that for this release but you never know. I’m not sure if I’m going to open any of the Luke’s yet.

Both my ROTJ Vader and ANH Stormtrooper have shipped from CDJapan. But I use registered SAL mail, so takes from 2 - 4 weeks before I receive stuff from Japan.

We've seen Vader, surprised no Stormtrooper review pics yet.

Back