S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R4-P17 using the revised dome sculpt was shown at the Tamashii event recently. Hope that means a preorder is on the way!

fg27.jpg

Yeah, I know. But what makes me more hopeful for R4 here is that the first prototype, which was shown over 2 years ago now, used the prototype astromech dome sculpt that the early R2-D2 prototype did. Artoo's dome was revised and corrected for the actual release, and this new prototype of R4 is using the new dome. It would seem odd for them to go to the effort of making a second prototype of P17 here, if they had no plans to produce it soon. Fingers crossed.

I think the most frustrating part of it all is not ever saying which ones will be made, then waiting months or years for a pre order is kinda ridiculous, especially for a company of their size.

Understand about the company, understand about licensing rights, approval waiting time from licencors or estates, production cost, release date clashes all these factors.

Churning out a prototype does not mean they can immediately go into manufacturing, it's to gain interest and other facts I have listed above.

Them coming out with something you like doesn't mean the rest of the world wants it, do think about the big picture.

I just started adding these to my collection. So far I’ve picked up Jedi Luke, Farmboy Luke, Shoretrooper, Hovertank Commander and Jedi training Rey. I’m really hoping we get a Bespin Luke.

I just started adding these to my collection. So far I’ve picked up Jedi Luke, Farmboy Luke, Shoretrooper, Hovertank Commander and Jedi training Rey. I’m really hoping we get a Bespin Luke.

Nice pickups, welcome to the club!

I'm really waiting on that Episode III Obi Wan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering how well the Ep 2 Anakin sold and how they'll treat the PT stuff going forward. Obiwan shelfwarmed both releases, so I think he'll be an exclusive next. But I think Anakin sold pretty well, so it'd be great if he wasn't an exclusive.

I'm still interested in getting Ep. 2 Obi Wan at some point from Amazon, but everyone still seems to have a big stock of him so I never jumped on it yet.

He looks much better in hand than he does in the in hand pictures. I'd jump on him now, since he's been out a while.

He's not at the top of my list, would much rather get the Mafex Phasma first before him. In fact I may just not get him at all.

I ordered 2 figures from BBTS last Friday, payment was also cleared that day. The tracking says it was mailed out yesterday. Has anyone else had issues with slow shipping from them?

I ordered 2 figures from BBTS last Friday, payment was also cleared that day. The tracking says it was mailed out yesterday. Has anyone else had issues with slow shipping from them?
I guess I’ve never noticed any slowness but part of my dopamine rush is preordering stuff, forgetting I did it and then get a surprise package in the mail. In short, I’m a toddler.

They don't exactly run to ship your stuff. I mean I would assume they've got a backlog and tons of people shipping out from them. It's $4 so I don't mind waiting a week or a little more to get a bunch of stuff shipped to me. My next order will have 4 Hot Toys and a few other items. :)slap)

Their shipping timing is odd sometimes. I ordered something on March 8th and they didn't ship until the 14th. But in the past I've ordered from them on a Wed or Thur and they would ship out the same week.
I've been ordering from them for over a decade and have not had a problem.

I’ve added ANH and ROTJ Luke, TLJ Rey, TPM and Clones Obi Wan, R2, Shoretrooper, Hovertank Commander and RO Stormtrooper to my collection in the past month. I’m really enjoying these figures and wish I would have started getting them a lot earlier. I still need 3PO, Ben Kenobi and TLJ Luke. I might get Han if I can find Chewbacca at a decent price.

Chewbacca is driving me crazy. The only one I didn't preorder. Everything had been hanging around so long before that release I thought I'd have some time to buy one and it was sold out before I knew it. Thought I'd wait out the price jump and now it's nuts.

Back