S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem I have with sculpted capes is when the character is in a bent over/sitting/kneeling pose the hard capes don't work or look right. The hard goods do look better and are less toy-ish than soft goods, but they limit the posing a lot. Ever tried to get a SHF or Mafex Vader to kneel? Not pretty, not pretty at all.

I will never understand the demand for soft goods at this scale.

You will never get the drape and fall of a huge cape or clothing from a tiny piece of fabric.

IMO, soft goods make SHF's look more like kids' toys (cough BS cough) than small, pose-able statues.

Sculpted soft plastic FTW!!

Just my opinion...don't hang me.

This isn't true, it's pretty easy to get the drape right, and when they do, sculpted capes look pretty bad in comparison.

The problem I have with sculpted capes is when the character is in a bent over/sitting/kneeling pose the hard capes don't work or look right. The hard goods do look better and are less toy-ish than soft goods, but they limit the posing a lot. Ever tried to get a SHF or Mafex Vader to kneel? Not pretty, not pretty at all.

This person gets it.

For some reason, imports use a harder plastic for sculpted fabric, DCC has sculpted capes down, they're sooooo soft and they bend just right.

If not using fabric for capes, DCC capes are the second best options.

Also, Storm Collectibles apparently has some impressive sculpted fabric of soft plastic too.

13266306_storm-collectibles-mortal-kombat-scorpion_t85efc83a.jpg

It's all about how you use your materials, both can look good but yeah, for capes I'm partial to fabric most times.

I came up with a ghetto solution to chewie's height. Take a little sticky putty stuff and ball it up under his heel heh

If the right material is used then cloth goods are fine in this scale, Rickhor409s releases are proof of that imo. They look like miniature pieces of clothing, and getting a robe to look good is alot harder than making a cape do the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If the right material is used then cloth goods are fine in this scale, Rickhor409s releases are proof of that imo. They look like miniature pieces of clothing, and getting a robe to look good is alot harder than making a cape do the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You're not wrong there, I just wish I had something that needed one. I'll have to check how the Mafex cape attaches.

Excited to see picture of Anakin later this week. It's supposed to come out on the 17th from what I've heard.

Just bought a Unmasked Kylo Ren for $95 on Ebay. Guy said it was opened and displayed but like new. Surprised the guy put it on that low. They normally sell for $130 minimum. Hopefully no problems. Needed to get him out of the way.

I missed out on Chewie apparently :/

I thought I could wait until next month for budget reasons.

A pic of what I was talking. Left normal height, right some putty. Minor change, but figured some might want to mess around with it. The pic angle is slightly different, so just compare the head line on han

chewbacca.jpg

There's some on BBTS right now

I don't know if it's the size of that pic, but it looks like Chewie's head catches the light just right that it almost looks like furr and not a piece of plastic.

It looks nice.

did think on how easy it would be to make chews taller with similar mod, lil sliver of plastic fur colored under each foot. nice to see a similar mod works, looks good GodParticle.

looked and sold out at bbts now, had one i guess.

I don't know if it's the size of that pic, but it looks like Chewie's head catches the light just right that it almost looks like furr and not a piece of plastic.

It looks nice.

Thanks, but I just got lucky with light hahaha

did think on how easy it would be to make chews taller with similar mod, lil sliver of plastic fur colored under each foot. nice to see a similar mod works, looks good GodParticle.

looked and sold out at bbts now, had one i guess.

I figured most people would look at the head as opposed to the feet, so it's a pretty simple fix. Maybe someone can make him some furry high heels :lol

Hmm, maybe it was only a few in stock. I was looking for something else and saw it available at the time. They seem to get stuff in periodically after it sells out

man, bummer. did a quick check with amiami and bbts and sold out............kinda new to the bandai and mafex lines........get the fett ones from mafex. works of art and still available

yep Nippon Yasan sent me an email that it would be in on 5-18.

Cool, I wonder how long it'll take BBTS to get their shipment in. I wish I had PO'd from an overseas seller when I had the chance, but at least I've got the exclusive coming from somewhere.

Back