S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just heat place the head in hot water for a couple seconds or use a hair dryer on it and the nose should round out again. I had that issue with my Harley Quinn and it was just fine after I did that.

And the dot/flattened part will go away?

Worked for me. Unfortunately some paint had rubbed off from the packaging.

Hoping Bandai revisits Vader. The original is one of the wost figuarts I have ever had. I have the 40th Vader and while he is fantastic, he isn't as streamlined as the Bandai figures (no interchangable hands, peg holes by the joints, loose hips, cheap looking lightsaber etc.). Hoping the Bale Batman is successful so they consider a fabric cape for Vader.

It would be nice if they did a bunch of them so I can get off the expensive 1/6 train.

I'd pre order a Jyn and Cassian in a heart beat.

I would also get a R1 Vader if they put one out..

..and Bespin Luke and ESB Han. Just saying.

Ya know, it is pictures like the above that keep pushing me to get a Space Walls set. I am REAAAAAAALLLYY trying to stay away from diorama type things because it is a slippery slope :rotfl

On SHF, I would like a resized and redone Vader of ANH persuasion. The BS is great, but still just BS :). I would like Chirrut from R1 as Jyn and Cassian did not thrill me as characters. I liked K-2SO and Chirrut the best.

Hoping Bandai revisits Vader. The original is one of the wost figuarts I have ever had. I have the 40th Vader and while he is fantastic, he isn't as streamlined as the Bandai figures (no interchangable hands, peg holes by the joints, loose hips, cheap looking lightsaber etc.). Hoping the Bale Batman is successful so they consider a fabric cape for Vader.

I wouldn't put it past them to do so. It would probably be a Rogue One if they did. It would be nice if they did a Jyn as well.

I doubt they'll revisit him anytime soon. They've released it three times, last of which was to coincide with Rogue One, so that was only a few months ago.

Ya know, it is pictures like the above that keep pushing me to get a Space Walls set. I am REAAAAAAALLLYY trying to stay away from diorama type things because it is a slippery slope :rotfl

On SHF, I would like a resized and redone Vader of ANH persuasion. The BS is great, but still just BS :). I would like Chirrut from R1 as Jyn and Cassian did not thrill me as characters. I liked K-2SO and Chirrut the best.

They sell them through Amazon now so you can at least save on the shipping if you bought direct from them.

I don't recall Bandai announcing an R1 Vader yet. I did see a paint up someone did of the Bandai model kit though, they put a cloth cape on it and it even looked better than the Mafex. If I could get the Mafex cape off without damaging it I might seriously consider the model kit now.

As for collecting these replacing 1/6, it did for a bit, but, I then realised that I'd spent more on these in total than I ever had on any boxed 1/6! I'll get the odd one or two if they're good, but, rabidly collecting them will have to go on hold for a while.

The old BS Vaders cape works for that too, you can even adapt the undercloak too. BS is good for something ;)

The only thing I have seen up with the model kit (which I have experienced too) is his upper legs/hips are too loose so he has trouble standing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I really hope they do remake Vader because I just can't stand the plastic cape on the current figure. I really want a quality soft goods version. I'm a huge fan of Figuarts and I love pretty much every Star Wars figure they have made except for Darth Vader.

Vader was a bit of a letdown, but not terrible. At least I got the cool stand for free which sells alone for more than what I paid for Vader. Hopefully they do another ESB/ROTJ version.

Yeah the only good thing about the Figuarts Vader was the base. The size was just a huge letdown. The BS or the Mafex are much better choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will never understand the demand for soft goods at this scale.

You will never get the drape and fall of a huge cape or clothing from a tiny piece of fabric.

IMO, soft goods make SHF's look more like kids' toys (cough BS cough) than small, pose-able statues.

Sculpted soft plastic FTW!!

Just my opinion...don't hang me.

I will never understand the demand for soft goods at this scale.

You will never get the drape and fall of a huge cape or clothing from a tiny piece of fabric.

IMO, soft goods make SHF's look more like kids' toys (cough BS cough) than small, pose-able statues.

Sculpted soft plastic FTW!!

Just my opinion...don't hang me.

I'm ok with sculpted plastic on most figures, but for some reason I want a Vader with soft goods. I have the Figuarts Han and Farm Boy Luke, and I'm completely ok with no soft goods on those figures. I also have the Mafex Boba and I don't mind the plastic cape. There is just something about the plastic clothing and cape on the Figuarts Vader that bothers me.

The old BS Vaders cape works for that too, you can even adapt the undercloak too. BS is good for something ;)

The only thing I have seen up with the model kit (which I have experienced too) is his upper legs/hips are too loose so he has trouble standing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cool, I'm sure that could be taken care of. Definitely something to consider anyway....

Back