S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the spitting image of Chewie imo. The BS just looks like a Bigfoot trying to impersonate a Wookiee that put on too much eyeshadow. Not to mention it's too tall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't unsee.

3c125f82cbd42ee3b94b2127c57a17ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

:lol :lol :lol

Same here now.

BS Chewie looks like a melted snickers bar. Or maybe a shiny piece of dog crap.

Yeah no one got into collecting Star Wars Figuarts to save money... So the whole argument of "it's not worth the extra money" is highly subjective. :lol

I personally think this Chewie looks amazing so far (haven't received mine yet), but practically every time- Figuarts are better in hand. Could he have been a little taller? Sure. But I've been slowly converted to the side of better articulation and playability over perfect scale and proportions. That's me though, and I know everyone collects differently! :hi5:

Yeah no one got into collecting Star Wars Figuarts to save money... So the whole argument of "it's not worth the extra money" is highly subjective. :lol

I personally think this Chewie looks amazing so far (haven't received mine yet), but practically every time- Figuarts are better in hand. Could he have been a little taller? Sure. But I've been slowly converted to the side of better articulation and playability over perfect scale and proportions. That's me though, and I know everyone collects differently! :hi5:

Doesn't that usually go without saying? :wink1:

BS Chewie looks like a melted snickers bar. Or maybe a shiny piece of dog crap.

And the SH figuarts looks like dried cat **** that's been petrified from the summer heat. You can see where the flies have gotten to it and have started breaking it down where his limbs connect.

Does anyone know how I can order Qui-Gon Jinn? I just got SH Han Solo and Mafex ESB Boba Fett today from amiami and I'm blown away. I'm thinking of selling off my pink MMPR figure and using the $150 for Darth Maul so I can have him and Qui-Gon. Does anyone know a reliable place to get Jinn from?

They both look like turds, the brown furry design really doesn't lend itself for an all-plastic figure that big, Rocket Racoon for instance; looks perfect.

But yeah, the BS has better proportions, sculpt and joints.

The SHF one has better articulation, it's shorter though, not at all worth the extra price when the BS is available imo, there are times when imports are so out of the league of American toys that it isn't even funny, like with Darth Maul, but this isn't one of those cases...

Neither it is with Ben Kenobi, the BS one looks better, although I like that SHF Ben Kenobi comes with white light saber, if it didn't come with a plastic robe I'd pick that one up instead of the BS.

It's the second time I defend Hasbro over imports wtf is going on? :lol

And I'm not trolling, please nobody go off.

I've got no company loyalty. I just want the best 6" figure available.

SH figuarts has the best SW Luke, Han, Maul, Obi-Wan, Scout trooper, etc.

Hasbro has the best Vader, Ben, Chewie and Leia (and a variety of cool aliens and bounty hunters that these import companies will never touch)

MAFEX has the best Boba Fett figures, easily.

And the SH figuarts looks like dried cat **** that's been petrified from the summer heat. You can see where the flies have gotten to it and have started breaking it down where his limbs connect.

Does anyone know how I can order Qui-Gon Jinn? I just got SH Han Solo and Mafex ESB Boba Fett today from amiami and I'm blown away. I'm thinking of selling off my pink MMPR figure and using the $150 for Darth Maul so I can have him and Qui-Gon. Does anyone know a reliable place to get Jinn from?

https://mykombini.com/en/august-201...ntom-menace-bandai-premium-4549660077862.html

I ordered my Qui-Gon here, after several members here recommended them.

Hasbro Fett ain't no chump though.
Yeah but Hasbro Fett has a few design flaws, like those awful hard pouches.

Better than the Revoltech though, and pretty nice sculpt.

What bothers me the most from the BS are the single elbows, like zero thought put into them, if you're gonna have single elbow joints, at least have the cut a little deeper so it goes beyond flat 90°.

The Figuarts Chewie does look a little short but I still really love the look of this figure, especially the face. It captures Chewbacca's might but also the sort of innocence he sometimes has. Not to mention the paint and sculpt (for the most part) look really good to me.

I'm also a sucker for anything Chewbacca though, so I'm a bit biased in that regard. 😁

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Another for Figuarts Chewie here too.

Got mine today and think he looks great. The dull paint finish, and shading is great, especially in the faces. The closed mouth version is the best looking one. Agree with others that the articulation is a bit compromised by the fur sculpt and that the BS version hides it's articulation better but that is all it has on this version.

I'm waiting for someone to repaint the BS Chewie like the SHF. I don't think we've seen a 40th BS Chewie yet either. People ragging on Hasbro is like people ragging on SSC, it so becomes the norm that people still do it no matter whether figures are actually good or not.

Back