S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon's got AOTC Obi-Wan for $43 and some change right now. I ordered one, and while I'm not expecting much ( I've seen in hand pics) I hope the head sculpt looks better in hand. Gonna need Obi-Wan to accompany the rest of the AOTC figures when they come out.

My Han figure hasn't arrived yet. So no verdict from me yet but I'm admittedly not hard to please.

I'm all for opinions on however you feel about the figure or anything else but I can feel this discussion becoming a little heated and certain folks need to cool it a bit. Please guys, express your opinions and disagreements in a civil way. Is the anger that real when the next guy doesn't say something you agree with? Don't let this boil over.

I don't come on here to read petty arguments. Let's keep it fun to be a part of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact is that some people here and there are underrating Han Solo only because they have seen pics of other collectors with a bad sample, and theyselves even doesn't have bought the figure. That's a toxic attitude in the collector's community.
So, please, if we have to ask for a good beehavior, the steps should be:

1. Buy the figure
2. Rate your figure

If you don't have the figure, don't don't focus on the few ones that came with some flaws, don't try to discuss with other collectors that have bought the figure and are here talking with knowledge.

It have been proved right now; only some collectors are reporting bad samples of Han Solo, so, is the silent bulk who dictates the verdict, can all we understand this?

The fact is that some people here and there are underrating Han Solo only because they have seen pics of other collectors with a bad sample, and theyselves even doesn't have bought the figure. That's a toxic attitude in the collector's community.
So, please, if we have to ask for a good beehavior, the steps should be:

1. Buy the figure
2. Rate your figure

If you don't have the figure, don't don't focus on the few ones that came with some flaws, don't try to discuss with other collectors that have bought the figure and are here talking with knowledge.

It have been proved right now; only some collectors are reporting bad samples of Han Solo, so, is the silent bulk who dictates the verdict, can all we understand this?
Agree 100%. Im simply getting "heated" because im sick of hearing folks denounce the figure as trash even when its now been proved wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

no i dont , as i said i do not like the figure and passed thats all.

No, you did not say that you don't like the figure. You said literaly "Han is a bad figure" and you don't have it. Most of the people that really have it are not complaining.
The hedsculpt is amazing. Gloved hands are actually accessories. I just agree about the second head, but this does not define the quality of the figure.

At the end of the day it's all subjective. Do you and let them do them. People critique cars all the time without owning them and base it on many different criteria. Some based on cold hard facts, some based on idiosyncratic personal reasons and everything inbetween.

If someone comes to the conclusion that they aren't happy with product, are giving up the line, think Bandai are money grubbing toy execs, etc are entitled to feel that way whether you feel it is justified or not. I personally don't agree with some opinions on here but accusations of OCD or being toxic for a dubious at best collector's community. (It isn't a community when people fear repercussion to express themselves to others of said community) I for one value the negative opinions along with the good ones instead of one giant yes party. At the end of the day, it is toys we are discussing. As the kids like to say where I'm from: "It's not that serious."

I don't want to point fingers here and I really meant this for everyone. I like all you guys. Let's joke more like Prodigy and chill out.

Unless of course, I'm being unreasonable and should get off my soapbox and shut up about it. Let me know.

Stifle opinion and you hurt free speech....even if it is troll-like. The correct agreed consensus will always triumph. Have confidence in the truth.....and allow criticism to lead to progress. In my world anyway :)

At the end of the day it's all subjective. Do you and let them do them. People critique cars all the time without owning them and base it on many different criteria. Some based on cold hard facts, some based on idiosyncratic personal reasons and everything inbetween.

If someone comes to the conclusion that they aren't happy with product, are giving up the line, think Bandai are money grubbing toy execs, etc are entitled to feel that way whether you feel it is justified or not. I personally don't agree with some opinions on here but accusations of OCD or being toxic for a dubious at best collector's community. (It isn't a community when people fear repercussion to express themselves to others of said community) I for one value the negative opinions along with the good ones instead of one giant yes party. At the end of the day, it is toys we are discussing. As the kids like to say where I'm from: "It's not that serious."

I don't want to point fingers here and I really meant this for everyone. I like all you guys. Let's joke more like Prodigy and chill out.

Unless of course, I'm being unreasonable and should get off my soapbox and shut up about it. Let me know.

You should get off your soapbox and shut up about it.

Nah. Kidding.

Really, no problem about anybody, I just want to clarify the difference on giving a subjective opinion and rating a product with your self experience.

The fact is that the percentage of bad reports around the world is extremely low! It's not like the MAFEX Kylo Ren, where all we know at 100% that the head paint job is totally bad. Yeah, I like that everybody use honest arguments when talking about PRODUCTS. I don't care if those are toys, videoconsoles or elevators to the heaven. Justice.

I just wanted to say that I wasn't complaining about my Han eyes, I was a bit disappointed but the decals fixed it. Still a great figure and great likeness of Ford.

Honest suggestion: some of the negativity may be due to the pics themselves. From my experience when you take a pic of a figure, and the pic itself is 5x larger than the actual product, distortion and whatnot may happen. And details that look fine in person may look like ass in a pic.

For those that love this line, don't take it personal.

Agree 100%. Im simply getting "heated" because im sick of hearing folks denounce the figure as trash even when its now been proved wrong.

But nothing has been "proved wrong". It's all subjective. It's not fact that it's great or trash.

Personally I think he looks good; not great or bad. Just alright. Like a 7/10. That's perfectly acceptable however we've all come to expect so much more from this line too...

Honest suggestion: some of the negativity may be due to the pics themselves. From my experience when you take a pic of a figure, and the pic itself is 5x larger than the actual product, distortion and whatnot may happen. And details that look fine in person may look like ass in a pic.

For those that love this line, don't take it personal.

Thats' the truth, specially with SHF and its digital face printing.

Yeah, I know I've posted some negative threads in here, and sorry all - I hate when people rain on my parade. And honestly, I suspect the figs in person look awesome. Of course, whenever you deal with a factory paint job, you are gonna have some that look better than others.

back when hasbro did the 3.75" line, and around the time that their Gammorean guard and Xwing hoth luke were hitting, they nailed the paint apps. And my attitude: if a company is charging $50 plus for a 6" figure, they can afford to have paints apps as good as what Hasbro did when the Vintage line was around $10-$12

this is the standard I hold for all action figures now:

bossk.jpg

And the figure looks fantastic in person. so yeah, when I see a company charging 5x the price, but not 5x the paint apps, I get frustrated for fans'

ironically, Hasbros own quality is way off of the Vintage line now. I had no idea they were capable of such paint work, until I started getting that sub-line

But nothing has been "proved wrong". It's all subjective. It's not fact that it's great or trash.

Personally I think he looks good; not great or bad. Just alright. Like a 7/10. That's perfectly acceptable however we've all come to expect so much more from this line too...
Understandable, and maybe wrong was incorrect for what I was trying to say. All I meant was that a larger majority have now come forward saying they have figures without defects, meaning it was just a bad batch.

Regardless, im not here to tell folks what to think, not at all, discussion is good, but it was just getting to me that the figure was being dismissed off hand just because of a couple bad comments about it, when even reviews on youtube are to the contrary.

One thing I know is..... Han is one of the least and worst represented 6" figures out there. Any figure can be better...even Hot Toys....but thank the Lord that there is such a Han in the world as the SHF, which actually resembles him and looks great in a pose :)

I apologize for going off topic.

The switch is a glorified handheld that can hook up to a TV without plugging any cables in.

You can't play on a console in the car on the way to school or at the table of a sidewalk cafe - that's not a console. That's a handheld.

That's just my $0.02..

A handheld what? Oh right, handheld console. So it's a console that's portable, like the 3DS only with home console quality graphics.

So yeah, Switch is a console :D
Edit: I'll just leave this here to avoid further confusion! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console

On topic, I haven't been paying attention and missed the N3 droids. I hope they open more orders soon :(

Back