S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there was Frieza, and you could argue Jiren since towards the end he seemed pretty villain like.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jiren no more so than Hit if you ask me. I'd argue that Frost was pretty "villainous", but sadly weak.

Yeah, i'd concur that Zamasu was the only "original villain" to really pose a threat.

I'd be tempted to get a figure of him, since I think he was one of the best "new" designs since Beerus & Whis.

I didn't see any threads for this.
My 9 year old recently found a Dragonball Super Stars SSJ Goku at Target and wants some more. I can't find them ANYWHERE. We looked on Amazon and they are either sold out or really expensive. I've also checked the local Walgreens and nothing there, either. Does anyone know a place where he can buy some of them outside of eBay or Amazon?

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Dragon+Ball+Stars,28zu0

Do not pay after market prices for these products. They are being reissued by Bandai America.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=Dragon+Ball+Stars

BurningRage also mentioned BBTS.

https://www.toyzinthebox.com/collections/bandai

I'm going to include Toyz in the Box, as well. The prices are a littler higher so use them as a last resort.

Can someone please explain to me the hype behind Goku Black, it seems to have got out of control??

Is it the fact it comes with so many accessories? Like the base & SSJR head along with the kamehameha and energy blade?

I can't remember any other figures getting this amount of hype before....oh wait, yes I can...Broly...another one time, non manga canon villain with limited screen time.

Is it because people go mad for power levels? Broly, Black, Jiren, UI Goku?? They just want to own a figure of the "strongest" DB character ever?

Or is it just a question of timing? When Black was announced last year at SDCC, nobody seemed to care, fast forward to now when then Dub is airing and everyone's going nuts!!

I was so much more excited about Yamcha & Tien because of their presence throughout the series, but it seems they are considered "old" now and not interesting.

Maybe that's the problem, i'm just getting old!! lol

Anyway, I almost feel pressured into getting it now, just to be "on the train", but in all likelihood I probably wouldn't even open it after it arrives, just like the SSG Goku I've had since October, lol.
Goku Black and Jiren are interesting and fresh enough to deserve the hype. Broly is kinda meh. I thought Kale was a little more humanizing and relatable. Broly’s just a moron who would have eventually gone on to destroy himself, because of how ridiculously unstable he was.

Also, Tien sold out on BBTS. I’ve been on the fence about picking him up, as I plan out my displays ahead of time and never accounted for him. And I wouldn’t be able to just pick him up alone. I feel like I have to get Yamcha too and... well, he’s not a favorite of mine. I may still grab him, if they somehow get more in stock, if only just to have him tucked away somewhere. :lol

By the way, God Goku is a great figure. Not perfect by any means, but he’s fun on the shelf.

Thanks for your responses. Basically he's just a fan favourite then? It isn't because the figure itself has any great significance.

I just wanted to make sure that's all it was. I'll admit, I'm a purist when it comes to these things, so if a character didn't appear in those 519 chapters then I kinda dismiss them. Petty I know and it's only a personally opinion, but at least it stops me from buying a lot of additional merchandise I don't need right!? :)
I don’t know. If it’s Dragon Ball... it’s Dragon Ball. I get that Broly is completely overrated. Still, I have a few gashapons and figures of him. I skipped the Figuarts though. The DXF powered down form is all I need. :lol

Goku Black is canon though. As is a character like Bardock and he only appears for a fleeting moment in Dragon Ball Z.

Well, there was Frieza, and you could argue Jiren since towards the end he seemed pretty villain like.

Frieza stole the show, for me personally. His character development and overall dynamic was far more interesting than Goku Black. I got kinda sick of his crap, quite honestly. Cool character design and concept though. And I definitely prefer him over Zamasu and that abomination he became.

Yeah, tbh your explanation is strange to me Kanji. Saying you don't acknowledge super because it wasn't part of the original is like saying you don't acknowledge dbz because it wasn't part of dragonball? Dragonball has evolved and expanded, regardless of how any of us feel that's fact.

What is everybody's ideal 3 - 5 Dragon Ball Super releases they would like to see from Tamashii in the foreseeable future?

Either S.H.Figuarts, Figuarts Zeroes, and/or Figuarts Zero EXs. Which ever line you prefer or a combination.

Edited: You don't have to include Future Trunks since he seems to be the next release but what accessories would you like to see be included?

Well aside from Champa & Vados which technically already exist in SHF form, i would like to see Hit, Kefla, Zamasu, Toppo, & Jiren

Well aside from Champa & Vados which technically already exist in SHF form, i would like to see Hit, Kefla, Zamasu, Toppo, & Jiren

Hit is certainly overdue but I don't mind that they waited because I'm hopeful that they include some great accessories with him. I would like to see them tackle an accessory with his hands in his pockets. Maybe attach another bottom portion of the tunic where you can push the wrist pegs in? I think it's possible for Tamashii to come up with a way to design it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Kefla would be great to see. I would really like to see Tamashii include these energy effects...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope they include a smirking face for Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black with Zamasu. The mold would be the exact same from normal Goku Black's smirk so it would be an extremely easy paint application.

Which Toppo would you prefer to see released? Pride Trooper or God of Destruction? Or if you prefer both, which one first? I noticed that the Hulk body Tamashii used for Age of Ultron Hulk wouldn't actually be a bad base for them to work with. The articulation is very restricted since it's different from the usual Dragon Ball releases though.

Similar question for Jiren? If they release the Omen Ultra Instinct Goku first, I would like to see a non-battle damaged Jiren. If they release the Ultra Instinct Goku second, I would like to see a battle damaged Jiren.

Definitely God of Destruction Toppo. Only cuz it would be such a unique mold from all the other characters. And although Jiren would be cool (he has the honor of being the "final boss" of the series after all), i gotta admit it would probably be very limited with accessories. I can see them giving it just fists, open palms, and "grabbing" hands, a neutral face, an angry/annoyed face, slap a $60 price tag on it & that's it :dunno

I chose Kefla cuz we need more females in this sausage fest on our shelves

Although Cabba has potential, i find his character design kinda boring. He literally has no muscle structure :lol

Hit can go either way. They can nail it, or pull a Whis all over again by making his lower outfit stiff :slap

Definitely God of Destruction Toppo. Only cuz it would be such a unique mold from all the other characters. And although Jiren would be cool (he has the honor of being the "final boss" of the series after all), i gotta admit it would probably be very limited with accessories. I can see them giving it just fists, open palms, and "grabbing" hands, a neutral face, an angry/annoyed face, slap a $60 price tag on it & that's it :dunno

I chose Kefla cuz we need more females in this sausage fest on our shelves

Although Cabba has potential, i find his character design kinda boring. He literally has no muscle structure :lol

Hit can go either way. They can nail it, or pull a Whis all over again by making his lower outfit stiff :slap

I'd really like to see God of Destruction Toppo. The Hulk Figuarts wouldn't be that bad of a base for God of Destruction Toppo so it's certainly possibly for Tamashii to design it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree. Jiren's design is quite basic so it'll also be a plain release. I'm not exactly sure what they can include that would make it more appealing than the accessories you mentioned. Do you have any ideas?

Yeah, I'm happy for Bulma being the first female release since Android 18. Hopefully we'll see a lot more in the foreseeable future like Android 18 (Super), Videl, Kale, Caulifa, Kefla, and especially Mai.

I look forward to Cabba but the Dragon Ball Stars series is exactly what I imagine from Tamashii.
Cabba_large.JPG

Tamashii really needs to incorporate the softer plastic for Dragon Ball. I think Broly and Whis could have benefited from that. I know Majin Buu's cape is the typical Tamashii multi-part cape too. Tamashii just recently included an accessory for Darth Maul for his Speeder. *It's a cool design and I'm sure that has the softer plastic as well.

Yeah, tbh your explanation is strange to me Kanji. Saying you don't acknowledge super because it wasn't part of the original is like saying you don't acknowledge dbz because it wasn't part of dragonball? Dragonball has evolved and expanded, regardless of how any of us feel that's fact.

That's not actually true. In its purest form I acknowledge the original 42 volume (519 chapter) serialization that ran from 84' to 95'.

The Z was added for the animated series by Toei as a marketing tool to denote the change in tone following the 23rd Budokai (although i'd argue the new tone was already set from the introduction of Demon King Piccolo), but they are all part of the same serial.

So yes, everything outside of that, specials, movies, GT, fan-fic, games, super, etc. were never part of the "Old Testament" if you will.

Like I said, it's just a personal preference, as otherwise there is technically no end to the "spin offs". That is one of the many things I love about manga compared to western comics. It's one story, told by one writer and one artist. Not a hundred different people's iteration of a story.

Fortunately, (or unfortunately depending how you look at it), Toriyama has found a great apprentice in Toyotarō, enough to allow him to continue the legacy, but it's a fresh start for DB. It started at DB Super Vol.1, not DB Vol.43. That for me is the big difference between this and Yudetamago's Kinnikuman revival series that recommenced at vol.37, 22 years after the original series had ended.

I won't go on anymore since this if a figure thread. I'm pleased everyone is enjoying have Goku Black in their collection. I'll just sit quietly with the oldies and have my fingers crossed for Raditz and a battle damaged Piccolo!!

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Dragon+Ball+Stars,28zu0

Do not pay after market prices for these products. They are being reissued by Bandai America.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=Dragon+Ball+Stars

BurningRage also mentioned BBTS.

https://www.toyzinthebox.com/collections/bandai

I'm going to include Toyz in the Box, as well. The prices are a littler higher so use them as a last resort.
Thank you so much for the info! I did not know Bandai was reissuing them so that is great news. I went ahead and preordered the June series for him from Gamestop. He doesn't have the money, but it will save me a headache in the future and I can always hide them in our bedroom until his Mimi in Texas sends him money (she sends my kids money for any random "holiday") or gets allowance. I am going to hold off on preordering him Trunks, Hit, Zamasu, or Rose because he has $50 of Easter money right now and, hopefully, I will be able to find those for him. We are watching the cartoon on Adult Swim and he really likes Trunks and Zamasu.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Thank you so much for the info! I did not know Bandai was reissuing them so that is great news. I went ahead and preordered the June series for him from Gamestop. He doesn't have the money, but it will save me a headache in the future and I can always hide them in our bedroom until his Mimi in Texas sends him money (she sends my kids money for any random "holiday") or gets allowance. I am going to hold off on preordering him Trunks, Hit, Zamasu, or Rose because he has $50 of Easter money right now and, hopefully, I will be able to find those for him. We are watching the cartoon on Adult Swim and he really likes Trunks and Zamasu.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Glad we could help!

Dragon Ball Stars is becoming very popular and is, or will be very soon, Bandai America's main focus. So there's certainly a positive future for this line.

The Future Trunks Arc wave also includes a Build-A-Figure Monster Fused Zamasu. So if you collect all of them, you'll get a "free" figure once you put all the pieces together. (Same with the other waves as well.)

If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask. We'd be more than happy to help.

What is everybody's ideal 3 - 5 Dragon Ball Super releases they would like to see from Tamashii in the foreseeable future?

Either S.H.Figuarts, Figuarts Zeroes, and/or Figuarts Zero EXs. Which ever line you prefer or a combination.

Edited: You don't have to include Future Trunks since he seems to be the next release but what accessories would you like to see be included?

Some form of Piccolo with the newer 2.0 articulation.

Kid Buu, although them giving us fat Buu was a way to shut us up for a few years.

I guess Kefla, as Crisis said to add more females to the line. Out of the whole line, 18 and Bulma...need more wimmins!!

If there is one Piccolo we need for the DB display, it is Piccolo Daimao, not «* Ma Junior*».
King Piccolo would go well with Kid Goku

I agree. Jiren's design is quite basic so it'll also be a plain release. I'm not exactly sure what they can include that would make it more appealing than the accessories you mentioned. Do you have any ideas?

lol there's nothing dude. Maybe a generic-looking ki blast. all he has is incredible strength & durability, everything else is basic

lol there's nothing dude. Maybe a generic-looking ki blast. all he has is incredible strength & durability, everything else is basic

I know, I was hoping you would come up with an idea. :lol You have good display ideas so maybe an accessory that would help with that? I do think he'll need flame effects. Do you think Ultra Instinct Goku would do well with a white flame effect?

Some form of Piccolo with the newer 2.0 articulation.

Kid Buu, although them giving us fat Buu was a way to shut us up for a few years.

I guess Kefla, as Crisis said to add more females to the line. Out of the whole line, 18 and Bulma...need more wimmins!!

Piccolo is the last one from the 1.0 days that I think really deserves a 2.0. (Perfect Cell does too but not needed for awhile.)

Yeah, Majin Buu is Tamashii's way of giving the fans what they want by throwing them a bone and trying to make a run for other releases. :lol

I would also really like to see the Female representation in this line.

Back