S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B&N yearly 30% discount + 10% membership. They sent me a 25% last week, didn’t think they were going to get SSG Goku and Shenron in stock so I let my gf used it on something else. Hopefully they send me another for last min shoppers lol

Been waiting for the 30% coupon [emoji17]. However, I did pick up Shenron for $70 shipped last week, debating on another 1 if I can get the 30% coupon as well!

Been waiting for the 30% coupon [emoji17]. However, I did pick up Shenron for $70 shipped last week, debating on another 1 if I can get the 30% coupon as well!

The 30% should be offer this week. Not sure if youre a member but this years coupon has been lacking. I usually get three 30% and one 35% in a year. I’ve only received one 30% this year, might have to cancel my membership since I hardly shop with them anymore

My new Goku setup

b3wPaPNl.jpg

So I bought the shf Shenron for $74 Canadian dollars on Amazon this morning. It is dirt cheap right now. Still got a bit of catching up to do. That Hulkbuster was sure a doozy to pay for!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Honestly I’m not impressed. It looks good, but I’m not tearing my hair out cuz it’s UHHMAZINGGG. Several reasons:
1.) we already received that version of Goku in that specific gi
2.) they re-released it again in a different paint scheme (kaioken)
3.) we have enough “normal” gokus, with still at least a couple more on the way (that GT Goku prototype they showed a while back)
4.) SS4 goku is still MIA
5.) This should’ve been a proper SS2 goku

But hey, to each their own

*But not in the new mold, which since having SSJ3 Goku finally, I have to admit is vastly superior. Not to mention an even better head sculpt. Sorry but this release is fantastic, and noticeably better than the former versions on all fronts, definitely warranted.

(Plus this is the first normal Goku that's a regular release. That's definitely necessary with how much this line's popularity has grown. This Goku should be available to anyone, which they've seen to, even in pricing. Stellar move all around.)

I personally don’t mind the 2.0s since they’re more accurate representations of the characters and have more consistency between them. All it means is I get to replace my older figures with better ones. The OGs still fetch a good price so as far as losing money that’s not an issue. Sure some of these figures were already pretty good and didn’t NEED 2.0s but they’re certainly welcome. They add to the longevity of the line and provide a better product at the end of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I’m not impressed. It looks good, but I’m not tearing my hair out cuz it’s UHHMAZINGGG. Several reasons:
1.) we already received that version of Goku in that specific gi
2.) they re-released it again in a different paint scheme (kaioken)
3.) we have enough “normal” gokus, with still at least a couple more on the way (that GT Goku prototype they showed a while back)
4.) SS4 goku is still MIA
5.) This should’ve been a proper SS2 goku

But hey, to each their own

Because you are an old collector. This release is aiming new collectors. Bandai in general is now trying to please both old and new collectors. I can't complain right now. Seeing Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Nappa being released, I'm ok with some repeated releases.

I picked up Shenron at a local toy shop yesterday. It's quite nice, and HEAVY for a Figuarts. I had thought that one of the whisker holes was made too large, until I realized they're specific to each whisker. I'm glad I picked it up.

God, I hope Amazon doesn't crush the box of my shf Shenron this time.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Goku 2.0 is aimed both at collectors AND trying to get newer fans in as well, hence the lower price-point. Plus he pairs well with Frieza.

I hope they do a more modern Goku though, the Namek outfit lasted the saga and that was it. I prefer his modern DBZ Later Saga look with the sash and no kanji.

Since we’re on the Goku topic (like always) how many of you bought the SSG Goku 2.0? Man the figure is so disappointing. I received another 30% off from B&N and decided to buy it at $39.99 and omg what a horrible figure. It’s just so fat and pointless. Craps not worth the $59.99 price tag. The hair is so glossy pink and ugly. You could tell they had to extra spray the hair cause it was met for his black hair. Overall they should had at least included a power effect or blast effect. I might end up swapping the SSG SSJ head with it

I skipped out on Red Head Goku (not a fan of the form) and Shenron (even when he was $75 on Amazon, no space to put him on). Decided to put the money on some Figuarts Star Wars because my love for them got ignited. No regrets. Next stuff I'm gonna get for Dragonball are definitely the new normal Goku, new Frieza, Majin Vegeta, Buu, Roshi and Bulma. I might skip kid Goku and maybe wait until his price goes down a bit.

Since we’re on the Goku topic (like always) how many of you bought the SSG Goku 2.0? Man the figure is so disappointing. I received another 30% off from B&N and decided to buy it at $39.99 and omg what a horrible figure. It’s just so fat and pointless. Craps not worth the $59.99 price tag. The hair is so glossy pink and ugly. You could tell they had to extra spray the hair cause it was met for his black hair. Overall they should had at least included a power effect or blast effect. I might end up swapping the SSG SSJ head with it

I picked it up a couple days ago from b&n and I actually really like it. I still wish that they'd used the original prototype over this one, but I still like it. The arms are noticeably thinner in person compared to other figuarts goku figures, and I really like the glossy hair on this release. I feel like for this one the glossy color works. It's probably my second favorite goku of the line next to awakening goku.

Back