S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only good side that Majin Buu had was due to the Grand Supreme Kai. Majin Buu in his purest form was evil. The reason Majin Buu was reincarnated as a good guy was because King Yemma heard Goku's wish of wanting to fighting him again some day which is something that Goku normally expresses towards a foe.

Speaking of the grand supreme Kai, do you think Toriyama has genuinely forgot about them? We are now seeing supreme Kais as one being with maybe a trainee here and there (Zamasu), do you think Toriyama forgot theres supposed to be four supreme Kais lording over the four king Kais with one "boss" Kai? We have only ever seen one Supreme Kai per universe, unless they are the grand supreme Kais and our one has just assumed that mantle? That also begs the question though of, why hasnt ours trained any replacements?

Speaking of the grand supreme Kai, do you think Toriyama has genuinely forgot about them? We are now seeing supreme Kais as one being with maybe a trainee here and there (Zamasu), do you think Toriyama forgot theres supposed to be four supreme Kais lording over the four king Kais with one "boss" Kai? We have only ever seen one Supreme Kai per universe, unless they are the grand supreme Kais and our one has just assumed that mantle? That also begs the question though of, why hasnt ours trained any replacements?

either he forgot or they've been retconned. or they're just not important to the overall plot anymore. only King Kai barely made the cut

I'm super lttp but I finally gave Super a chance and I'm up to the episode with Beerus having to dress up as Monaka to keep Goku motivated. Beerus has me rolling. :rotfl

yas Beerus has gotten soft since hanging with the Z Senshi. he's not as ruthless as he used to be when he was first introduced. Supreme Kai (or one of the others) even makes note of this, how Goku has a unique ability to turn enemies into friends/allies

What is Bandai's goal with the Figurise line? A cheaper alternative to Figuarts? The snap and click together puzzle gimmick? It seems like it's following the Figuarts line with all these effects now coming out...

What is Bandai's goal with the Figurise line? A cheaper alternative to Figuarts? The snap and click together puzzle gimmick? It seems like it's following the Figuarts line with all these effects now coming out...

Personally I like the figurerise standards more than s.h figuarts, figuarts set me back around 100 each but the figurerise are around 25 each and other than the plastic they are made of, they have the same amount of detail and it takes very little effort to add shading to them, I just finished selling off all my figuarts collection, id say everyone should give them a go, take you're time putting them together and they turn out great.

although i know theyre professionally painted the krillin and the new effect parts has me intrigued, the ground burst one looks especially nice! im also fairly certain you can switch the aura with the yellow or blue one as well. Looking good!

I skipped the figurerise ss3 Goku on purpose but this base form Goku is too hard to resist. Buying this and Krillin this fall for sure!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Nice to see another part of Bandai abusing the hell out of a Goku mold [emoji38]

In all seriousness though, that Goku head is very well done as are the effect parts. Krillin belt is weird but other than that looks great, shame he isn't in his Saiyan saga/ super gi though, missed opportunity there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

although i know theyre professionally painted the krillin and the new effect parts has me intrigued, the ground burst one looks especially nice! im also fairly certain you can switch the aura with the yellow or blue one as well. Looking good!
I don't even think they are painted tbh, maybe a clear matt coat to stop them being as shiny but other than that I see no shading or highlights.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bandai has these prototypes professionally painted along with all their other model kits like the Star Wars spaceships. It's to show consumers the potential these model kits have if they put more work into it.

Edited:

To capitalize on the model kit market. Bandai America's Dragon Ball Super line seems to be the cheaper alternative in regards to action figures.

Personally I like the figurerise standards more than s.h figuarts, figuarts set me back around 100 each but the figurerise are around 25 each and other than the plastic they are made of, they have the same amount of detail and it takes very little effort to add shading to them, I just finished selling off all my figuarts collection, id say everyone should give them a go, take you're time putting them together and they turn out great.

It is a great experience putting them together. Time consuming but a lot of fun.

to me the Figurerise model kits are a step down from Figuarts. The proportions look weird however the articulation is great. If they had came out before Tamashii hit it big with their SHF line, then they would no doubt have been the definitive DBZ figures to own.

Vegeta and Trunks figure-rise

rt5.jpg

rt4.jpg

I built Buu this week. This is how he looks without his stickers and no paint. Will do the rest soon.
ff9834fa9edd021e95b1e49f5c22aafa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be all for a SDCC 3 pack of PCE 2.0 SSJ Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks, where they release a regular 2.0 SSJ Goku and Trunks the next year. Basically I want a Figuarts 2.0 version of this.

img_0088.jpg

I would be all for a SDCC 3 pack of PCE 2.0 SSJ Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks, where they release a regular 2.0 SSJ Goku and Trunks the next year. Basically I want a Figuarts 2.0 version of this.

View attachment 341297

I wished they would do something like this especially the sentai figures. I mean I know they did it for the samurai but they should have tried it with a different team but than again I wonder if they're afraid sells will be slow if there was a double or group package for the dbz line. Theres still a lot of double/group packages that wont sell....

Rule one, dont ask for brand new figures as the sdcc ex, espeically one that would be expensive as is, you would be guaranteeing yourself to NEVER be able to obtain them or pay a months wages on them via scalpers. recolours only please.

Back