S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I was able to get out of him was the tidbit on Nappa. He was running around and looked busy and I had to leave early. Oh well, I'm sure he'll give an interview like he always does and hopefully we get some nice solid info out of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still want my damn Nappa!!!!

Come to think of a new 2.0. or something SSJ3 Goku would be great, the original had some real issues with that hair, paint, and general body. We could get superior colors and the articulation in one, win-win!

It should be the way you say. That old body already made his function. With so many Gokus to develope in near future, a SS3 PCE would be a totally waste of time. We just need to have a look at Xenoverse Trunks to realize that Bandai will reuse that body and head (Gohan basically) at some point. Why not do the same with a 2.0 SS3?

By the way, Tien is fine (awesome actually) but we need someone to point at, Adam!! :lol

Hell PC figures are debatable now. If we get these 2.0.s, what's the real point? Especially if they mirror the PC colors...unless we really need the original figure. It's really for protagonists where this matters, unlike Cell who wouldn't get a 2.0. since the original figure posed and worked fine.

Hell PC figures are debatable now. If we get these 2.0.s, what's the real point? Especially if they mirror the PC colors...unless we really need the original figure. It's really for protagonists where this matters, unlike Cell who wouldn't get a 2.0. since the original figure posed and worked fine.

i think is just to have the newest. Not specifically for have "the original figure posed and worked fine".
In my case only want figures that looks more possible to the anime. If they release a new figure how i like it, why not get the new one?

Come to think of a new 2.0. or something SSJ3 Goku would be great, the original had some real issues with that hair, paint, and general body. We could get superior colors and the articulation in one, win-win!

You're absolutely right and that's why SSJ3 Goku is definitely in need of a 2.0 version. Personally, I think it's the weakest of all the Goku Figuarts released.

Aside from the usual body updates, they certainly need to work on the hair. Making it poseable like the original is a great idea, but you don't want it so heavy that it cranks down on Goku's neck every time it's on and essentially forces you to put the head at awkward angles cause the weight weakens the joint. It'll be interesting to see how Tamashii approaches this figure.

SSJ3 (or SSJ2) would be a great way to start off making 2.0 Gokus, either an update to a figure that needs it, or a new version of him entirely, but lets not forget the whole premise of the PCEs was for us to be able to rebuy OLD versions with a new paintjob. We wouldnt be getting....that Cell to go with Gohan and still wouldnt be able to get Trunks without them. Its basically for figures they cant quite get to retooling yet or wont retool like Frieza and Cell that PCE is for.

Going back to the pairing premise... That still doesn't mean PCE SSJ3 Goku is ruled out.

They could very well do another curveball and make a new fat Majin Buu or Kid Buu and pair him with PCE SSJ3 Goku.

Likewise they could also make a brand new SSJ3 Goku 2.0.

Once we get the second quarter reveals, that will be very telling as to who else we'll see in the latter half of 2017.

I could see them giving us a 2.0 Goku in the form of a SSJ2 Goku and could be perfectly paired with Majin Vegeta.

As far as SSJ3 goes, I see them doing a PC instead of a 2.0. I only say that since the rumors that were said a while back did state just that. Obviously I'd prefer a 2.0 though since the OG has a lot to be improved upon.

We could always see a surprise 2.0 SSB Goku in his Super gi with the kanji that could be paired with a 2.0 SSB Vegeta in his Saiyan armor. That along with Black and Zamasu as the villain pairing could work out very nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, at this point PCE ssj3 Goku is the only figure from that list we havent seen confirmed yet, correct? Infact, there was a pure Buu on there so thats likely the pairing. We seen PCE Cell...unfortunately, as well as new versions of Trunks and Vegeta, what else?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

i know this is an unpopular opinion but I still wish there would be a PCE of Manga Trunks. it was a missed opportunity for Tamashii to capitalize on that for an SDCC Exclusive

DBFCM_TTS.jpg

Yup, at this point PCE ssj3 Goku is the only figure from that list we havent seen confirmed yet, correct? Infact, there was a pure Buu on there so thats likely the pairing. We seen PCE Cell...unfortunately, as well as new versions of Trunks and Vegeta, what else?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Wasn't Pure Buu revealed to be the FiguartsZero?
You're absolutely right and that's why SSJ3 Goku is definitely in need of a 2.0 version. Personally, I think it's the weakest of all the Goku Figuarts released.

Aside from the usual body updates, they certainly need to work on the hair. Making it poseable like the original is a great idea, but you don't want it so heavy that it cranks down on Goku's neck every time it's on and essentially forces you to put the head at awkward angles cause the weight weakens the joint. It'll be interesting to see how Tamashii approaches this figure.
Yeah of the Goku Figuarts, its my least favorite, much as I love SSJ3. Though I have the FiguartsZero EX to make up for this. That hair needs work, it was ambitious and I think done too early in the line before Tamashii got the hang of things, and since we didn't get Buu Saga figures until much, much later. There's also how Goku needs the stand to make up for the hair, and the fragility of his effect pieces. I feel like the body itself didn't pose as well too, not sure why but mine felt off compared to SSJ, Vegetto, base and Freiza saga, and Ultimate Gohan. But the other thing I'm thinking of is that some people may want to swap heads with a 2.0. SSJ3 Goku, and that wouldn't really work, so 2.0. SSJ2 is the best option. I'm interested to see how Tamashii handles SSJ3 and maybe SSJ2 as well.
SSJ3 (or SSJ2) would be a great way to start off making 2.0 Gokus, either an update to a figure that needs it, or a new version of him entirely, but lets not forget the whole premise of the PCEs was for us to be able to rebuy OLD versions with a new paintjob. We wouldnt be getting....that Cell to go with Gohan and still wouldnt be able to get Trunks without them. Its basically for figures they cant quite get to retooling yet or wont retool like Frieza and Cell that PCE is for.
Yeah and of all the figures, the original SSJ absolutely needs it. It doesn't look as good as it used to. Awakening Goku shows so much promise for what we can get in the future for Goku, and by god, I want that orange tone :drool it's perfect for SSJ or even a base Goku. True on the PCs though but I still question why we got PC Vegeta and Super Vegeta...I'm not complaining since I plan to use PC Vegeta for my base Cell Saga Vegeta.
i know this is an unpopular opinion but I still wish there would be a PCE of Manga Trunks. it was a missed opportunity for Tamashii to capitalize on that for an SDCC Exclusive

View attachment 297244
I don't get why people disagree with this, cause I'd adore one of these. For a PC it would have been fine too. Banpresto did this....

I would get the PCE ssj3 goku if it does ever come to light, and it'll likely be BOG colors like PCE vegeta. I'm fine atm though since i got the datong head on the manga body, which i feel is actually pretty accurate. The yellow color and lighter blues are pretty accurate to anime and video game colors when goku transforms to ssj 3, aside from that mustard brown shading, which i dont care for. So for me the accurate colors go Base Goku figuarts, SDCC ssj goku (or a slight recolor of the base goku with awakening head on top ie darkening the blues and purple sash) ans SSJ 3 with the original manga body. I believe earlier prototypes of SSJ3 goku did use a coloring similar to the manga coloring and it looked really good. I think the final coloring was some last minute attempt to try to be closer to the specific artwork they chose.

Also, i feel like im in the minority in that if a goku 2.0 comes out i wouldnt mind if it was saiyan saga goku. Specifically with the king kai symbol on his back. I wouldnt mind the look he has when he fights piccolo or raditz either, but after a proper 2.0 (without the blue undershirt and bare foot). Whatever they end up going with though, im sure it'll be fine. Im sure tamashii knows they have to bring their A-game to a goku 2.0 especially with how well awakening was recieved haha

I believe earlier prototypes of SSJ3 goku did use a coloring similar to the manga coloring and it looked really good. I think the final coloring was some last minute attempt to try to be closer to the specific artwork they chose.

here's what the proto looked like

c8833c9ffcd317934f8dc3b09f06ce221322115586_full.jpg
nycc013.jpg
P2122098.jpg

Even still...Tamashii can do way better than that now and has proven that they can get better likenesses and sculpts down. You can see how the hair was a challenge because they even have the stand in some of the photos HOLDING the hair. I wouldn't doubt that on some of those prototype sample, the head was glue to stay in that position.

JacksDo even released their own SSJ3 head-sculpt which is at least "sculpt/look-wise" better than the Tamashii original (in my opinion) and we've seen countless other SSJ3 figurines where the sculpt has looked better.

I really hope we get a SSJ3 2.0 Update.

I still say Tamashii did SSJ3 way too early, if they made it for the first time in this day with all the advancements, they'd do so much better. Like night and day

in the beginning Tamashii had no idea the line would last this long & eventually flourish so them releasing SS3 so early prolly didn't mean nothing to them at the time

in the beginning Tamashii had no idea the line would last this long & eventually flourish so them releasing SS3 so early prolly didn't mean nothing to them at the time

True. Now that they're obviously "invested" in the line, a redo is a must!

Kind of like Hot Toys did with the Predators, Robocop, Aliens, etc.

Back