S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From an article on DBZfigures.com:
"A few days ago we posted about Toy Dojo showing off a Saiyan space pod prototype at Alamo City Comic-Con at their distribution table, however we didn’t have much more news other than that. We reached out to Toy Dojo and they revealed a bit of information to us regarding the tentative prototype.

Check their brief response below:

It is designed by a company called Mech Ideas. It is rumored to be limted to 3000 pieces.

12002280_10156142559140122_3516942116266433589_n

Nothing new there, they've been on eBay for a while now. There's a listing with the same photo too.

It's new to me Okay. Thanks for the info Deano.

Something about this Adult Gohan is now starting to justify buying it. Only for 29 bucks isn't so bad either. Of course it has that same old should be retired Goku mold but it has a new beam effect and of course hair lol. Now to top it off a new face expression, a yelling one at that. One can say that it could be used for goku also.

So.....just came across this on Aliexpress:

Dragon Ball Z Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku Figuarts ZERO 11''-in Action & Toy Figures from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The Zero EX figures, yeah, those ones the statue collectors among us are going NUTS over, are now bootlegged on Aliexpress, dirt cheap and FREE delivery? :lol. I mean, that pic literally looks no different to the real one.

There definitely are differences that people have found, but I never looked too hard at them as I got a legitimate one on US release.

People have been saying how the overall quality of SHF has been wavering a lil bit recently.. like they can totally nail a character but still are not immune to weird sometimes bad design choices, it boggles the mind. i'm looking at my Superman now and the faces are just laughably bad. it loox like Awakened Goku will be spot on near perfect, but we've only seen prototypes. we won't know for sure until the figure is in our hands

Some images of Ultimate Son Gohan:

Aj588rqD.jpg

zkHhGVRV.jpg

ZbOkGjKL.jpg

fGA8hXBS.jpg

Source: Saint Seiya Friends.

it's foolish to say this when I don't even have it in hand but I'm very tempted to say this Ultimate Gohan is the best version of a figure that uses the Goku mold. At first glance it seems the orange is lighter with subtle shading (the heavy neon orange shading still bothers me on Goku), the outfit has heavier matte shading, the skin isn't painted (not something I want to complain about as the painted skin on Goku looks great but it's too easily damaged), the blue seems a tad darker and it looks as if they've updated the flesh tone joints to better match the unpainted skin (very happy to see that). The smirking face is very disappointing but I see plenty of reasons to like this Gohan.

Looking to get back into DBZ figuarts from square 1. Maybe start with Datong SS Vegeta V2, Ultimate Gohan, Awakening Goku and tbe advanced color figures.

At least I know that re-releases are a thing so I dont have to buy androids/cell at scalper prices.

Well rereleases definitely arent a guarantee if thats what you mean man (welcome back btw), Vegeta and Trunks were done in these advanced colors because of the outcry for them. Ones like Cell, Frieza the androids etc, not so much. MAYBE in a few years when they are the same as Vegeta and Trunks are now we might see them, but if any the next one we will see is ssj3 Goku.

If you plan on getting datong ssj vegeta, they are making an "original color version" to go with the advanced color one, look for that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hey Deano. Yeah I totally know what you mean but some Japanese toy makers outright refuse to re-release (ahem....PAK...) but Tamashii doesn't seem to be that way. I think I'll need one of each Da Tong since the Vegeta had all-white boots when he fought 19 and 18 and he got the toe striped ones before he went into the time chamber then again versus Cell.

Is this the only seller that for sure has the Version 2 Vegeta with the new paint work? His price is alright.

DA Tong China Super Saiyan Vegeta Figure DBZ Dragonball Z KAI SHF S H Figuarts | eBay

Any of you at FACTS? Tamashii has a booth here :eek:
Sadly no new figures gets showcased here [emoji24] [emoji24]
95347057d8b3c3a8a49adf2ecdf4beb9.jpg
a0b9c9fef823390370c1cad40c4d194a.jpg

Well rereleases definitely arent a guarantee if thats what you mean man (welcome back btw), Vegeta and Trunks were done in these advanced colors because of the outcry for them. Ones like Cell, Frieza the androids etc, not so much. MAYBE in a few years when they are the same as Vegeta and Trunks are now we might see them, but if any the next one we will see is ssj3 Goku.

If you plan on getting datong ssj vegeta, they are making an "original color version" to go with the advanced color one, look for that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Shhh, don't mention SSJ3 Goku and PM Colors.

That said I mostly view SSJ3 Goku as next because it seems they're going in release order, since Vegeta came first, then Trunks, and that's the order their PM versions seem to be coming out.

And maybe even premium color Gohan, Piccolo and SS Goku (basically all the sdcc exclusives) since they were technically never officially released in Japan. Fingers crossed on that one. Wishful thinking.

And maybe even premium color Gohan, Piccolo and SS Goku (basically all the sdcc exclusives) since they were technically never officially released in Japan. Fingers crossed on that one. Wishful thinking.
That is a good point, but I wouldn't really blame Tamashii on not doing those, since those three are now readily available.

Is it just me, or does the Gohan smirking face look a lot like Vegeta? It looks like an evil smirk.

I see them doing PM ssj Gohan, Goku and Piccolo way before ever seeing a rerelease of the androids.

@Blood did tamashii sell anything there?

Back