S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Datong ssj Goku came in, and I am quite happy with it, its like a mix between sdcc and manga Goku. He is shaded but not as much as sdcc is. Heres a comparison pic between all three:

f7001ebe54b5436e5079f35d21735132.jpg

77df6ca6616c432e0b71ff3f879c23a3.jpg

4fe4c9fc47c5cdf8e3c0083f59a67f2b.jpg

f225cd58dcc420113a5c31396ac273cc.jpg

Now I just need datong regular Goku and I can customise his faces into ssj for my display [emoji14]

Btw, the shading is nowhere near as bad on datongs face as the pic makes out. Its just a shinier plastic to sdcc but its the same shading.

Are there paints ok to all you customisers out there?:

46a5b8ff9519102e8a3dcef485e41ec4.jpg

Well Datong ssj Goku came in, and I am quite happy with it, its like a mix between sdcc and manga Goku. He is shaded but not as much as sdcc is. Heres a comparison pic between all three:

Now I just need datong regular Goku and I can customise his faces into ssj for my display [emoji14]

Btw, the shading is nowhere near as bad on datongs face as the pic makes out. Its just a shinier plastic to sdcc but its the same shading.

Where did you buy it?

What?! They still havent touched my order :/

Possibly the holiday weekend is interfering (assuming America has this holiday too :lol) or anime island is being slow for the first time ever :p

Well I did order them as soon as they were available also. I was expecting to have to wait until June for them to arrive. I actually forgot I ordered from them and had placed an order at Amazon also. When I got the request for payment from anime-Island I immediately cancelled the more expensive Amazon order.

They're alright, remember to thin them though. I think they're a bit clumpy if I recall correctly. I prefer tamiya paints. Also a basic airbrush is amazing.

Will do man! Airbrushing is a little too expensive for the little touch ups i plan on doing tbh. I did look at tamiya paints but I couldnt find the correct colours.

Hello friends, speaking of airbrushing, I've been thinking about buying one, it's just that most of the known brands are quite expensive (they cost hundreds!). I found one called a Master Airbrush Kit which seems to be a Chinese made bootleg/clone of the Iwata (according to one youtube review). Has anyone here used the Master Airbrush brand to work on Figuarts toys? I don't really plan to airbrush anything large like cars, I mainly want to paint toys and maybe little sculptures/accessories that I'll be making. Is this good enough?

Deano, for a KO that looks surprisingly badassed... I like it a lot better than the retail... subtle hair shading even? WTF?

Thanks for the quick link TJ

Thanks.

Shoulda gone with Alex Blas....

I agree. Him and Addi Herrera are who I'll be using from now on for all of my Figuarts purchases. I have a second one en route now set for Monday and My Amazon orders won't be available until June.

Wow, the Datong looks pretty great. IT has a lot of pop compared to the manga one, and you're right about it looking like a mix of SDCC and manga; even the face seems like that. That gi color for the datong would have been great for SSJ3 Goku honestly.

that datong is scary, honestly. when the bootleg in some aspects start to look better than the official, then that's a problem. Tamashii needs to pay more attention to stuff like this

here's a question for the philosophers (or not): does Vegetto technically count as another Goku release? It uses the same mold.. he's not really Goku but he still kinda is. lol

here's a mind boggler (or not): does Vegetto technically count as another Goku release? It uses the same mold.. he's not really Goku but he still kinda is. lol

Forearms and boots are the only thing different. Plus one hand for the Spirit Sword. The other hands are Goku repaints, right?

Just got my Vegitos. The Kamehameha hands are actually repainted Goku ones. I thought they just used the same mold but if you look inside the part that connects to the wrist, it is flesh colored. I think the open hands are actually new as tthey have some creases by the pinky that Goku's hands do not have and they don't have fingernails.

Just got my Vegitos. The Kamehameha hands are actually repainted Goku ones. I thought they just used the same mold but if you look inside the part that connects to the wrist, it is flesh colored. I think the open hands are actually new as tthey have some creases by the pinky that Goku's hands do not have and they don't have fingernails.

So none of your hands have fingernails on them? Maybe it's just some Vegito's that have that affliction then?

So none of your hands have fingernails on them? Maybe it's just some Vegito's that have that affliction then?

The Kamehameha hands do. It looks like they literally repainted the Goku ones and threw them in. The open palm hands actually look like the ones that came with Vegeta but with less detail.

The Kamehameha hands do. It looks like they literally repainted the Goku ones and threw them in. The open palm hands actually look like the ones that came with Vegeta but with less detail.

I read your post real quick and didn't see my question was already answered :lol Would it have been so hard to remove the fingernails Tamashii?! I was hoping it was just some Vegito's that had this but I guess it's for all of them, damn

Wait, what? Why on earth did they cheap out on that?! Theu had scouter f#$@ing Vegetas grab hands they could have used ffs! I doubt theres any notable size difference, I certainly wouldnt have noticed. That astounds me tbh.

Back