S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all the pokemon d-arts, all the mmpr so far (bar armoured red), all the dbz and I'm very much looking forward to the new mario figuarts!

The mewtwo is awesome, but I couldnt help feeling his quality lacking comapred to figuarts; the hands in particular just fall off and he is a nightmare to stand without his tail coming apart.

May just be mine though, but ive heard some horror stories about d-arts overall quality.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@Silrian: Yea, in all the pics I've seen (yours included), he looks awesome and I too couldn't care less about Mew. I'm just wondering why Big D said he was disappointed.

I recently got the Revoltech Naked Snake and Raiden. Play Arts I think I'm done with but I do have the FFVII Game Version characters plus Zack, Kratos, Master Chief (Non Halo 4 version), Akuma, Solid Snake, Cyborg Ninja, TDK Joker, TDK Batman, DK Returns Batman and the Limited Black and Red "Variant" Batman. Then there's the Classic Collection TMNT/Bebop & Rocksteady. I really hope they produce a Shredder and an April O'Neil if they can match the level of awesome in that one April custom I saw.

I just pre-ordered the new Revoltech Mini Solid Snake. He looks pretty damn awesome and while I'd rather have him in 1/12 scale, at $23 or so I couldn't help but order one.

@Big D: Ah, from looking at the pics and having the Mega Man stuff, that's what I would have expected. The MM figs' arms and legs come off waaay too easily but they are still great figs IMO. That tail certainly looks like it could be nightmarish.

Well, I guess I have just too many collections to name them... But I did showed a picture before :p might put it again in the future, my colelction suffered a major change like a week ago... For good! :p

Sure, I work on it, but being honest I've never known what the differences are between "Super Saiyan Vegeta" and "Super Vegeta".

it's kinda silly if you think about it. All these transformations & upgrades: Super Saiyan, "False" Super Saiyan, Legendary Super Saiyan, Ultra Super Saiyan, Ascended Super Saiyan, Relaxed Super Saiyan (when Goku & Gohan are just chillin in SS form instead of fighting), Hyper Ultra Super Saiyan, Maniac Hyper Extravagant Super Saiyan. It reminds me of Capcom & all their various Street Fighter incarnations.

Since everyone is measuring their d!cks (man of steel reference) I guess I'll take a photo of all my stuff & post it here later (Figuarts, Star Wars, Marvel Universe, Play Arts, etc)

@Big D I have none of those issues except the effect hand coming off relatively easily. But I have the second production run (without mew), so that might be it.

I Have all the DBZ Figuarts (barring Manga Gohan and SDCC Goku) and have all 4 D-arts Pokemon; Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise and Mewtwo. I passed on getting the Pokemon when I first saw them, but then later relented (which proved quite costly for Charizard! nothing like SSJ Vegeta though...). I really like them, but kinda agree with Big Deano about the quality not being quite as great as it could be in some ways, although I'm still very happy to have them (especially Charizard, as I was obsessed with it when I was a kid!). The first one I got was Venusaur, who looks great but is a bit too small when next to the other 2 starters (although it doesn't really bother me) and I also unfortunately snapped the vine whip almost immediately :slap

Other than that I collect the Mezco Mega scale Thundercats (favourite early childhood cartoon, which I still get a kick out of to this day!) and a select few of the 1/4 scale Neca Predator and Alien figures, which I love but are too big to have many of.... Which reminds me - I really need to get a proper display case! My DBZ figures are getting seriously short of space. I don't think I can actually fit normal Goku in at the moment...

Here's reaper's last wip for King Cold, the next pic of it it will be finished
20140429_232109_zpsf35514d5.jpg

I always wondered if that is King Cold's true/original form, or just his 2nd form, or whatever. It's never explained, and I know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but I've just always been curious.

Id say its his second form, it too closely resembles friezas to be a coincidence, plus he is huge

Cool work Killian.

it's kinda silly if you think about it. All these transformations & upgrades: Super Saiyan, "False" Super Saiyan, Legendary Super Saiyan, Ultra Super Saiyan, Ascended Super Saiyan, Relaxed Super Saiyan (when Goku & Gohan are just chillin in SS form instead of fighting), Hyper Ultra Super Saiyan, Maniac Hyper Extravagant Super Saiyan. It reminds me of Capcom & all their various Street Fighter incarnations.

Right, thats why I did the variation outside the canon of Vegeta with the purple suit (which is stronger than Son Goku in Super Saiyan 3) from Battle of Gods :wink1:

I made the second hybrid image to compare Manga and Anime colors:

SSSonGokuSDCC_zpscdb29583.jpg

It took me a while to realise at the time but there's really nothing that implicates they can go back to previous formsvat all. Which would be a good reason they don't particularly rush into transforming.

Because Cold seems to be in his 2nd form, I kindof assume they're stuck in it once they turn.

I thought it was said that Frieza's 4th form is actually his "true" form, and the others purpose is to just conserve/contain his power?

Yeah thats right, friezas family use reduction forms to conserve power and reduce the risk of accidentally destroying or killing something, but it does seem that once they transform it is impossible or at least very difficult to go back again. We see that with Frieza, king kold and if you believe he is canon, cooler. Cooler is also the only one who can enhance his true form, kind of like a ssj transformation.

@Orbital Frame You're right! He just has a bit more muscular body and neck, and his hair got more rigid. Awesome hybrid! I now just rather have SSJ2 Vegeta from Battle of Gods.

@crisis I agree people are silly with it. It's helpful in some cases like Gohan getting his full potential unlocked through magic, and it's just easier to refer to him as "Mystic Gohan." Vegeta points to himself and says,"I'm Super Vegeta," so I just used it as a reference for that look. If you have work to memorize it, it defeats the point. When Trunks fights Cell, I just say when Trunks buffs/bloats up. No grade stuff or whatever!

The mewtwo is awesome, but I couldnt help feeling his quality lacking comapred to figuarts; the hands in particular just fall off and he is a nightmare to stand without his tail coming apart.

May just be mine though, but ive heard some horror stories about d-arts overall quality.

No it's common in general, my Mewtwo has that issue as well and the fingers even fall off. D-Arts is iffy from what I've heard, though some problems people have, I don't understand like Classic Megaman.

Also I swore I posted in here but oh well. Check out my MFC link cause I'm too lazy to list everything again :lol though of note I have the first edition Mewtwo despite getting it a year later, for near original retail price

And that thing on FiguartsZero GOku getting re-released is great news. Not too interested in it but this means Vegeta and Trunks could happen. Thank the lord.

I got SSJ3 Goku off someone on here alogn with D-Arts Charizard and Venusaur and it seems my Goku has a defect with some small china writing on his back (the hair thankfully obscures it) :cuckoo: it came in a shipper box and has all the labels and everything, looks as legit as images show.

Yeah thats right, friezas family use reduction forms to conserve power and reduce the risk of accidentally destroying or killing something, but it does seem that once they transform it is impossible or at least very difficult to go back again. We see that with Frieza, king kold and if you believe he is canon, cooler. Cooler is also the only one who can enhance his true form, kind of like a ssj transformation.

Frieza an his race can return to their normal states, in the show when frieza goes into his final form he does mention that he hasnt been in that form for quite some time, so they can revert back to normal

Any theories on Chilled? Assuming that was his "weakest" form (which resembles Frieza's "first" form), why didn't he transform against Bardock? Or maybe he couldn't, because he hasn't achieved the ability to transform to conserve power? Or maybe he does have multiple forms and just didn't have time to transform??

i actually really like the pokemons and havent had any issues with them. Ive thought of selling them but they just look too damn good.

As for king cold i think he is in his first form. It looks just like first form frieza just bigger. 2nd form frieza loses his armor. Since king cold is the father he can be huge without being in second form. just look at cooler he was goku's height and frieza is tiny next to him.

Back