S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What point?? You claimed that dbz is dead and blamed it on negativity; I dont get why my defending the fact that it isnt is seen as negativity? The only negative thoughts I am seeing just now are yours buddy....

Sure things get heated here, but we all have one thing in common, and thats the fact that we all love dragonball and figuarts. Like it or not, debates and arguments arw all part of a forum like this.

Hey i’m not getting mad or negative you just took everything wrong did you even read my post buddy .Lol i wrote when I said DBZ is dead again hustle in here you jumping down my throat and for what.

I was not jumping down your throat, I was defending what I believe versus what you do, in this case that dbz is or isnt dead, thats all part of what forums do man, you cant expect everyone to agree with you; it isnt "hustling" as you call it, its defending an opinion.

If you speak up with comments like that you really should be prepared to debate it.

I was not jumping down your throat, I was defending what I believe versus what you do, in this case that dbz is or isnt dead, thats all part of what forums do man, you cant expect everyone to agree with you; it isnt "hustling" as you call it, its defending an opinion.

If you speak up with comments like that you really should be prepared to debate it.

Did I asked for people to agree with me ? Where did i say this and a debate so everything i post should turn into a debate ok thats fine.

when mom & dad used to fight, they would always tell me "we're just having a discussion honey, go back to bed"

;___;

It's been below retail price for a long time on amazon, but people in other countries have to pay a lot of extra money to import it. Maybe the other places that are cheaper for them sold through? I could be way off! But for those in the U.S. should have no problem getting Freeza!

About $90, sounds expensive but it's really not when you look at how much some of the other DBZ Figuarts are going for nowadays. I'm considering acquiring the Irwin Time Machine for Trunks next..

I heavily recommend it! I posed some pics of mine a while ago on the board. The figure fits really well inside.

Hey there everyone. I've been browsing this thread for a while and noticed someone had some info about the 2014 SDCC exclusive. I started collecting Dragon Ball specific figures and I'm down to only missing the regular SSJ Gohan release and SSJ Vegeta. ( Obviously horrible ones left to buy :[ ) I have a couple questions maybe you guys know?

Firstly, with the first Gohan release, or manga Gohan version, I noticed all the boxes were the gold sticker release, was there ever a silver sticker release? If that's the case, and they're reissuing manga Piccolo, I noticed all of manga Piccolo's boxes were gold stickers, which I'm assuming is the Asia releases. If that's so, then there's maybe a high possibility with manga Gohan reissue. Although I found an argument against it is, they only ever reissued Piccolo and SSJ Goku figures as far as my research has shown me, which is a bad sign for other figure reissues ...

Second with SSJ Vegeta. I almost fell for the trap of buying the Datong bootleg on Ebay a couple weeks ago after franticly trying to find a lower price of the legit version. Someone in this thread mentioned a key factor, being the copyright printing writing under the Datong bootleg's boot is not there. If someone has both legit and bootleg versions, could they take a picture for me for reference? I'm going to get SSJ Vegeta soon, and would like to know that, including with a post before me, so I can point out to ebay if someone is trying to rip me off, for example switching arms or legs from real to fake and putting it back in the box saying "Used" and "not the fake one".

Thank you!!

Edit: Does anyone know where to find the Tamashii Stage Act.4 for Humanoids Clear ... stands? I was seeing they reissued them for limited release (for some reason even though people need these to display their figures .....) but even my local figure stores are charging $30 and up. Is there a good online store you guys know of that sells for a more reasonable price?

Hope this helps you tell the difference, I will admit the quality is the best I've seen on a bootleg

je8udeze

y6emy6u3

ybehyhyd

yhase3er

5yja6uje

du8upuzy

heres a comparison wvahermit posted a page or two back in the thread

Yeah that was the post I was talking about. The big noticeable differences I can point out is the frontal comparisons where the bootleg's skin is much lighter, and the shoulder side comparison, it's like the bootleg has a hunchback problem going on, lol. Just would like a under boot comparison :]

There's also some Nendoroid Sonic & NECA TMNT bootlegs out there (among others), each with their own striking similarities & subtle differences. Most of the time, if the price to buy is "too good to be true," 9 times out of 10 it's a bootleg :lecture

Are the joints solid on the bootleg? It looks damn near identical to the original, except for some very small differences in the face and blue.

Are the joints solid on the bootleg? It looks damn near identical to the original, except for some very small differences in the face and blue.

since people are buying it online, you will randomly get different faces. Some has strong yellow tint across the whole face like he is sick. Some has good airbrushing almost similar to original. The white armor is almost the same, the yellow straps has very little different in color. The lines arent fine but ok over distance. The tip of the foot will always bent a little upward.

joint are solid, so is the face joint, wrist is good too.

Elot

The datong Vegeta I got for Trunks is almost exactly like my real one, the only differences, like Elot said are the faces, a few sloppy white paint apps on the armor and gloves where they meet blue as well as the lack of shading on the toes. I dont know if they are all like this but his waist joint doesn click in place and is quite loose, but thats all the major differences, at least for mine.

I think I asked before, but since a couple folk brought it up I will ask again; why, if you do, do you specifically look for boxes with gold stickers? To my knowledge all figuarts come from the same place regardless of stickers, so why pay more for a gold than say a plain white? Just curious.

The datong Vegeta I got for Trunks is almost exactly like my real one, the only differences, like Elot said are the faces, a few sloppy white paint apps on the armor and gloves where they meet blue as well as the lack of shading on the toes. I dont know if they are all like this but his waist joint doesn click in place and is quite loose, but thats all the major differences, at least for mine.

I think I asked before, but since a couple folk brought it up I will ask again; why, if you do, do you specifically look for boxes with gold stickers? To my knowledge all figuarts come from the same place regardless of stickers, so why pay more for a gold than say a plain white? Just curious.

There is a previous debate on dbtoys forum where members prefer not to be fuzzy about gold and silver. If your a concious collector, I personally would purchase Gold sticker, the paint quality is much higher than the silver one, better joints due to harder plastic. Silver one (international market) are good as well, sometimes the paint especially the eyes arent well done.

All versions of SSJ Vegeta, Gohan and Trunks has a high chance of paint problem on the hair part where it pressed against the plastic bubble thought.

But my only warning is try to avoid the White Toei, its really a bad quality and prone to loose parts especially multiple handling. Paint isnt that good as well. I know international / auction buyer dont have the comfort of choosing like we asian locals have. But if you want to be sure, spend time looking for auctions that use real images rather than promo pics.

ELot

Thanks for the answer Elot, I was always under the impression the stickers were only to differentiate between where they were sold, but I will take your word for it. I personally have a mix of all stickers since I take what I can get, but from experience I havent noticed any quality differences, at least with mine, infact, my japanese Trunks (gold) has worse paint apps than the American one :lol

All figures are made in China, they have the same quality and colors but depends of the how much was used the mold because is the same for all figures.
-Gold sticker with black toei cat is for Japan
-Silver sticker is for USA and the rest of Asia.

In Spain come without silver sticker of toei animation cat

The only difference is that Gold stickers figures are limited and only can you get them on tamashii webshop

This happen with saint seiya figures too but they have more stickers for some parts of Asia like silver with green cat, silver with red cat, silver with blue cat....from different countries where they were sold like Taiwan, HK, Indonesia. All the figures were the same the only difference was one figure in the color of a extra statue

Back