S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bad news about Datong SS Vegeta they copy the box too, but it´s in chinese text

luob1.jpg

55b14.jpg

Someone PLEASE!!!! let me know when they start to sell these perfect for the custom someone is making for me. !!!!

Okay, he's definitely my favorite of the line, and I'm going to be making more stuff for him.

Here's the first Krillin effect piece, Scattering Bullet.

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/PUJ36

bjNqg8T.jpg

o3kDCt0.jpg

ohRb8pG.jpg

74wLGBU.jpg

fine, ill be the nitpicker... Krillins position should be little bit different :p
his hands goes to his side as the beam goes up

krillin_zpsb164c96f.png

the effect on the other hand is awesome!! :rock

I was aware of that, blood, and was originally trying to make it around this pose.

x4izquS.jpg

The problem I had was reconciling what the middle of the beam was doing with what krillin was doing.

Visually, we see him pull it up, and the beam actually go up on his end, then next scene we see that the middle part is still going horizontally in the middle. So it winds up being humped at the back.

It didn't really look good physically when I mocked that up. I'll end up giving that another shot, but I might take a liberty or two on it again.

Last edited:
yeah, ah well. it looks like vegeta punched the attack away from him though, might be cool for a kamehameha and galick gun to have something like that too :)

oh, when you made a kamehameha effect like that (and i bought one from you) and broly comes out ill display broly right in front of that kamehameha as if his huge amount of ki just reflected that kamehameha :panic: :panic: :panic:

Edit: some smoke/dust effects would be cool too to creat a better illusion. oh man, why cant i make these? :monkey2 :lol

Last edited:
I have bad news about Datong SS Vegeta they copy the box too, but it´s in chinese text

luob1.jpg

fbib2.jpg

cm0b3.jpg

2d8b5.jpg

uypb6.jpg

05zb8.jpg

eofb9.jpg

1cb10.jpg

edb11.jpg

a2b15.jpg

ecb13.jpg

55b14.jpg

Umm... that's awesome! I just can't believe how good that looks. Especially given it's a bootleg. Someone please, where can we get a hold of these badasses! I seriously need around four or five of these guys for my display and there's just no way I’m paying 200USD per figure. Silrian, do you honestly expect anyone to pay hawker money for multiples of this figure. It's just not feasible! I'll believe your purist facade when you show me your collection of twenty-some SHF S.S. Vegetas. It's okay to admit you're bigoted because like me you already have this figure, but I'm sure you must also appreciate other's desire to own this figure and their dismay that they cannot currently afford it. Can't you?

Is anyone else out there completely bummed that the normal Goku’s gi is too darn orange? Sure, it will be good for a head-swap for those of you who own the Manga coloured S.S. Goku. But it is just too far off the mark for anime accuracy. I honestly hope, despite that majority of feelings about another Goku release, that the next SDCC exclusive is a Frieza Saga Goku repaint!

Doesn't Bluefin/Tamashii visit these boards? I don't think we should be praising bootlegs.

I hope they are reading these posts, as they display perfectly WHY this brand needs frequent re-issues. Do you think these Datong pirates would have invested time and money into this figure if the real one was easy and affordable to the majority? No, because it wouldn't have been worth it for them, they are simply exploiting the situation.

This case is unique, because there is no moral implication in buying this bootleg. Think about it, Tamashii is no longer selling the real one. Buying the real one from a scalper is the same as buying bootleg because in either case, Tamashii doesn't see a penny from the purchase.

The people who pay $200 from a scalper should be treated the same as anyone who bought a pre-own figure and/or bootleg one (so long as Tamashii isn't selling that particular figure)

Yeah, I'm all for morals and supporting the creators of this line. But lets be honest. SS Vegeta is not being sold by them for $200. And if they aren't going to acknowledge the demand for this figure, I will turn to whoever will. I paid $120 for Gohan. I am not doing that again.

Anyone know where we can pick this one up? I want a couple.

I wish I could have gotten a SS Vegeta when he Tamashii was selling them, but I'm collecting the characters not the brand, so I'll be ordering this bootleg without a second thought...HOWEVER, should Tamashii re-release, re-issue SS Vegeta I will buy the official one from them regardless of owning a bootleg (because that bootleg can then be used for customization)

I watched american hustle the other day and an interesting line reminds me of this bootleg, theres a scene where the main character shows an fbi agent a fake painting and asks if he thinks its real, the fbi agent says it has to be looks too amazing to be fake. Obvsly it was a fake painting but the main character then asks, " who is the real artist? The person who originally made the painting? Or the person who was able to fool you?" This bootleg of vegeta from the looks of it is top notch and does deserve some praise for the amount of effort that seemingly went into it. Hope these come out at reasonable prices so we can start to see some cool customs etc that ppl would be warry at first with the real deals lol id buy one but not for more than 40$ lol

44480057.jpg

not for customizers or w/e...

Doesn't Bluefin/Tamashii visit these boards? I don't think we should be praising bootlegs.

one of them does, yes. but it's been a while he posted something in here :/

44480057.jpg

not for customizers or w/e...
:/
I would only customize the bootleg IF Tamashii re-releases the SS Vegeta thereby voiding my use for the bootleg as a Vegeta stand-in.

Amen Blood, amen. Lol
Many fund their collections by selling customs

The line for collectors and customizers are one in the same.

In reality, this line is for customers. So both of you are in the right line (>_>)

Last edited:
Sorry Blood, dont agree with you there. This line is for anyone that enjoys dbz; sure the figures are collectible, but they are mostly made just to be enjoyed. I praise customisers as much as I do a completionist, heck, if I had the skill I would be making customs myself!

This thread has never had a hierarchy, lets not add one in please.

As much as I dislike bootlegs, its not my place to say whether someone isnt a true collector because they want one. Honestly if I was in the position where I didnt manage to grab Vegeta I would get the bootleg, at least until the real one became affordable.

I think it's quite simple: different opinions prevail and we now have 2 different lines, an original and a knockoff one. This one is called SHFiguarts Dragonball ZFigures!!! Knockoffs are NOTsh figuarts. So everyone interested in them, fine with me, but go make your own thread for it! Nothing hard about it and it'll spare thisthread if anything a useless amount of discussion as from the looks of it no one will convince the other party.

Please someone make a seperatethread for knockoffs and post to your utter heart's delight.

I'm in the thread for the real product line by tamashii and an occasional drift to general dbz talk, though mainly when any news is lacking.

Again seems both easy and orderly. Just make a new thread for this, tis what you do on forums.

Back