S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh it's not a bad choice! I just saw it was voted pretty high on the list. I didn't know people voted for him. I have my answer!

Having said the buu period is my least liked period - I'd prefer Gotenks because he was actually a cool character imo. Goten and Trunks can barely do anything separated, they have a support role but not a real fighting chance. They're also always together, they're practically one character to begin with in the show in terms of role. So their fusion imo is the most functional one character-wise (as well as the tournament being a funny foreshadowing), because Gotenks is more of a new character imo than Vegito is. We know Goku and Vegeta so well, there's less to explore, even fused, but two next-gen kids forming a super saiyan, who's clearly the underdog among the z fighters, but actually is the only other one to reach ssj3? I found that one of the few neat plot points in the Buu period. And when I say Gotenks I mainly mean his ssj3 state. Not sure if I'd buy any other one, I kinda thought it was cool goku and vegeta's kids could merge and then become that powerful that quickly, so only at the height of his power I find him truly cool. Oddly enough Gotenks is also the only powerful character where I dig the amount of humour he brings. I just like that image of this combined super kid going nuts and having fun doing so, representing their two fathers, the main characters, in the process. To me one Gotenks resembles kid trunks and goten enough, I don't need them in their separated form.

If I do ever collect a Buu saga setup, as I've said before, I'd really love having Vegito, Ssj3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan all fighting Super Buu. And I'd buy Majin Vegeta, definitely. I think that's literally everything I'd buy from the Buu period tbh. Yeah I'd consider KaioShin if they ever do him, but I don't expect them too.:lol

EDIT: As illustration, I've always loved this picture, so maybe I need to find ssj3 Goku and then add Majin Vegeta to this picture and you'd have what I want. Although I think I'd prefer to switch out Goku for Vegito.
1684029-goku_ssj3_gotenks_ssj3_and_gohan_normal_dragonballz.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to get a Videl (pig tails) to go with the Great Saiyaman. As a big superhero fan, I loved that saga. Thanks for the explanation. I loved Trunks and Goten for the comedic moments. I loved the dynamic. That whole "wizard is like a lizard" conversation showed that the writers understood children far better than Hollywood.

Same with the peeing scene. That brought back memories of my friends when we were 5. i don't know why we were so fascinated that we could cross streams, but that's the innocence of children. I also loved the dynamic between Goten and his brother. It was funny seeing how embarrassed Trunks was of the Saiyaman costume, while Goten was in awe. That scene where Goku first meets Goten is so sweet! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZMq6njj_2A&desktop_uri=/watch?v=3ZMq6njj_2A

Having said the buu period is my least liked period - I'd prefer Gotenks because he was actually a cool character imo. Goten and Trunks can barely do anything separated, they have a support role but not a real fighting chance. They're also always together, they're practically one character to begin with in the show in terms of role. So their fusion imo is the most functional one character-wise (as well as the tournament being a funny foreshadowing), because Gotenks is more of a new character imo than Vegito is. We know Goku and Vegeta so well, there's less to explore, even fused, but two next-gen kids forming a super saiyan, who's clearly the underdog among the z fighters, but actually is the only other one to reach ssj3? I found that one of the few neat plot points in the Buu period. And when I say Gotenks I mainly mean his ssj3 state. Not sure if I'd buy any other one, I kinda thought it was cool goku and vegeta's kids could merge and then become that powerful that quickly, so only at the height of his power I find him truly cool. Oddly enough Gotenks is also the only powerful character where I dig the amount of humour he brings. I just like that image of this combined super kid going nuts and having fun doing so, representing their two fathers, the main characters, in the process. To me one Gotenks resembles kid trunks and goten enough, I don't need them in their separated form.

If I do ever collect a Buu saga setup, as I've said before, I'd really love having Vegito, Ssj3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan all fighting Super Buu. And I'd buy Majin Vegeta, definitely. I think that's literally everything I'd buy from the Buu period tbh. Yeah I'd consider KaioShin if they ever do him, but I don't expect them too.:lol

EDIT: As illustration, I've always loved this picture, so maybe I need to find ssj3 Goku and then add Majin Vegeta to this picture and you'd have what I want. Although I think I'd prefer to switch out Goku for Vegito.
1684029-goku_ssj3_gotenks_ssj3_and_gohan_normal_dragonballz.jpg

Amazing argument, I agree. Gotenks will fit a display far better than either of the kids could. I'm also glad that he acted like a kid, too! Very nice character execution.

I don't think they don't want to make villains, it's just that I think they prefer the heroes (saiyans) the most since they resonate better/have way more popularity in Japan.

With that being said, I think they now know that the American market has played a major part in this line's success so I think they will definitely take that into account. It's my belief that Kid Buu (or some Buu) will eventually be released.

It's a culture thing. Villians Historicly sell poorly in japanese markets. those markets tend to prefer the heroic characters in various poses. the demand for articulated figures is also a relatively new thing over there. So NOW thatyou can have 1 figure capable of taking all the poses, I think we will see a demand for villians slowly increase.

I can understand why Gotenks... but Jackie Chun? Pink Shirt Vegeta? :lol
Jackie chun was awesome. But Master Roshi is/was MORE awesome.

Sad He didn't make that list.

I love the Old Timer, but I couldn't be sad over it because he's not even in my top 20 most wanted figures. He might be in my top 10 characters though!

Bandai sells stands separately, and only inculdes them when the accessory count is a bit low, OR the Figure NEEDS it for some reason ( topheave, flying character with no legs, etc)
MOST S.H. Figuarts figures do not include stands.

You can get the ACT 4 stages, which are the clear stands, come in packs of three, for about 10$-15$ shipped.

My personal favorite are the saint Seya stands though.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Display-Action/dp/B00511C06A/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1383851603&sr=1-1&keywords=Saint+Seiya+Stands[/ame]
51yzEOUFCUL.jpg

They include effects parts.

This staircase is also kinda cool

61PH1HqR7oL._SL1000_.jpg

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Saint-Seiya-Appendix-Display-Figures/dp/B003F256OK/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1383851603&sr=1-4&keywords=Saint+Seiya+Stands[/ame]

Last edited:
Lerath is correct; the only reason we have been getting stands is because it was either needed for effect parts or because the figure was too back heavy to support its own weight. Sentai figuarts dont come with stages either. Krillins kienzan doesnt need a stage to support it, so it wasnt inlcuded.

i wish they made some fully black Stage act 4's though like the older act 1 - 3

BAN_TAMASHI_STAGE_ACT_1.jpg
IMG_7001.JPG
DSC_0552xx__01069_zoom.jpg

Why bandai why??? :monkey2

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's sometimes due to accessories in particular that some figures get stand, like SSJ3 Goku's crescent power up effects and normal Vegeta's ki attacks. Some like the Sailor Moon require it due to poor balance/issues with the design. (And even then the sailor moon stands kinda suck)

Search for saint seiya five stage packs, almost identical to those stands, and they come in cream or black

they're great (love your MMPR setup up with those) but not really flying action pose friendly. :p
i'm still better off with the act 3, thanks for your help though!

Back