S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gross. I ordered within the hour goku was listed. Hopefully mine don't get canceled.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow! this is why even with the cheap price i bought two from japan sites and didn't wait for bluefin. I was able to get Majin Vegeta from Barnes & noble so hope fully i'll still be able to pick up Bulma and Roshi there...

Contacted the place I PO'd Goku from, said they hadn't heard anything from Bluefin as of now, so I might be safe

Someone at Tamashii needs fired if this is the case tbh, the dragonball line has been flourishing for years now, but somehow they underestimated not one, but ALL the figure sales for the year outside of japan? BS. Meanwhile places like Nippon yasan are still getting more stock of Goku in, it's clear where their priorities are atm.

Tamashii seem to have lost track of who actually saved and bought most of the figures in the line for YEARS. Japan was more than willing to see the line die at one point and bluefin convinced them otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Perhaps greed has something to do with it too

Make less items available + reduce costs, demand rises + valuability & thus the asking price = higher profit margin

Saw this on FB....

"Dear Valued Members,

This morning I had a meeting with Bluefin regarding S.H.Figuarts Dragon Ball allocations and quantity cuts. What was told to me was that given the Dragon Ball Tour and the rising popularity of Dragon Ball in North America, Tamashii Nations greatly under estimated the demand and therefore under produced all of the Dragon Ball figures. Bluefin has no other choice, but to heavily allocate and cut down quantities ordered from all major retailers and dealers. This an across the board allocation that includes Amazon, BigBadToyStore, GameStop, Barnes&Nobles, etc. as well as all independent dealers, such as TOYCO Collectibles.

Goku (A Saiyan Raised on Earth) was originally not part of these allocations from Bluefin and Tamashii Nations, but as of this morning I have been given the final word that they are effectively cutting my original preorder quantity in half. The group preorders and shoptoyco.com orders are my top priority. In order to satisfy every customer that had preordered with me on these two platforms and not have to cancel any one customer completely, I must reduce everyone’s orders down to just 1 unit per customer. I will begin tagging everyone next week, when Bluefin receives their shipment container.

Master Roshi, Majin Buu, and Bulma have all been cut down by around the same % as Goku from my original preordered quantities. So, I’ll be looking to do the same reduction down to one unit per person for those as well. None of this is great news, but is necessary and it’s out of everyone’s hands. No other retailers will be showing this item as “in stock” as all retailers and dealers were cut down from their initial preordered quantities.

Bluefin hopes that this will only be temporary for the remainder of figures announced this year. They will be speaking with Tamashii higher ups during Otakon in hopes to raise the allocation quantity for future preorders and releases. Thank you all for your understanding and appreciate your continued support. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly. Have a great evening.

Andrew Gryphon Yen
Owner
TOYCO Collectibles."

So where exactly did you see this? I can't find this post anywhere on FB. Ive been looking at Toyco, affiliated groups, and Mr Yens page, nothing about this anywhere.

So where exactly did you see this? I can't find this post anywhere on FB. Ive been looking at Toyco, affiliated groups, and Mr Yens page, nothing about this anywhere.

It's on the Figuarts fan page. I read the same thing a couple of days ago as well.

SAIYAMAN! I'm actually pretty excited about this figure! I'm hoping the cape can be taken off and he comes with an alternate head or two
4286a1157b53f826e29875d46c18d155.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SAIYAMAN! I'm actually pretty excited about this figure! I'm hoping the cape can be taken off and he comes with an alternate head or two
4286a1157b53f826e29875d46c18d155.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If they include a normal head and a SS head omg the goku 2.0’s prices are going to sky rocket lol...

Next update will be that it’s a Web Exclusive & only 100 are being allotted to specific areas

As long as the cape is removable and he comes with a gohan head it'll be a must buy for me, if not, well just another figure im not bothering about :p

Also, isnt that goku blacks torso? xD

This Saiyaman figure is one of my grails, especially if it comes with a removable cape and an alternate head to look like right before he gets jumped by Yamu and Spopovich.

I wonder what those "holes" are for on the front of the green tunic. They look like bullet impacts maybe, but I've checked on snapshots and he doesn't have any holes on his tunic during the tournament, so maybe it's meant to represent Saiyaman when he stops the bank robbery?

v1ShTyh5_o.jpg

Back