S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love it when collectors know how to pose. always makes me shake my head when someone has a $400 iron man figure and has him looking like a clown with poor posing.

That’s how these SHF’s are supposed to be posed. Even the 1.0’s are fully capable of dynamic shots, despite what some may say. Most collectors however lack creativity so their displays end up looking like this

7482B860-6B2A-412C-8531-81337D4A2AAA.jpeg

If it wouldn’t have been for Kamikaze Gotenks accessory, I would have skipped the figure. He looks like [emoji90]!!! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I'm learning that there are two kinds of collectors. The ones that accept ''Good enough", and the ones who want their moneys worth. If you're from camp 2,then you will be pretty disappointed. This figure really needed the SSj3 and SSj1 head sculpts to feel complete. Not fond of the hair on this one either. Finally, the neutral smiling head sculpt doesn't look all that great. Tamashii just isn't putting the love into this line like they used to. It's just sad to see so many collectors trying to defend them for half-assing these figures sometimes.

I'm learning that there are two kinds of collectors. The ones that accept ''Good enough", and the ones who want their moneys worth. If you're from camp 2,then you will be pretty disappointed. This figure really needed the SSj3 and SSj1 head sculpts to feel complete. Not fond of the hair on this one either. Finally, the neutral smiling head sculpt doesn't look all that great. Tamashii just isn't putting the love into this line like they used to. It's just sad to see so many collectors trying to defend them for half-assing these figures sometimes.

I totally understand where you are coming from, I myself have some issues with some figures myself. I think I view myself as Camp 1.5 where I see view points from both sides.

Chibi Goku is a giant too, but everyone tolerated it. Loox like we’ll have to do the same with Gotanks.

Majin came in today... honestly, I like the new direction of the Figuarts Dragon Ball stuff. I love the tampoed features and I feel like the detailing has been taken up a notch to where even without shading they still look pretty good just relying on Shadows and highlights alone. The articulation style leads to a bit more of a broken look in areas but I love the more consistent articulation throughout.

1-302.png

Not sure if you guys read about Bandai sending this Youtube reviewer the proper Majin Vegeta face with the eyes looking to the side like the one showed on the cover art of the box.

He lives in Asia/Japan, so they were able to help him out. Supposedly if you ordered Majin Vegeta from a US retailer, you can go through Bluefin's customer service and submit a claim. For the folks who ordered him from an overseas retailer, you're out of luck unless you live in somewhere Asia/Japan and can go through Bandai. This Youtube viewer is the only one confirmed to have gotten this done currently.

FB_IMG_1530827443413.jpg

FB_IMG_1530827352727.jpg

..and so it’s come to this

I wonder if they get enough complaints they would reconsider sculpting a proper SS2 hair mold

Not sure if you guys read about Bandai sending this Youtube reviewer the proper Majin Vegeta face with the eyes looking to the side like the one showed on the cover art of the box.

He lives in Asia/Japan, so they were able to help him out. Supposedly if you ordered Majin Vegeta from a US retailer, you can go through Bluefin's customer service and submit a claim. For the folks who ordered him from an overseas retailer, you're out of luck unless you live in somewhere Asia/Japan and can go through Bandai. This Youtube viewer is the only one confirmed to have gotten this done currently.

View attachment 416150

View attachment 416151

I would take this with a grain of salt. It's worth a try but as someone who's had to use the Bluefin servicing... it can take like months for it to go through and even then you can be SOL because what they do is try to order the part from overseas. It's absolutely fantastic with stuff like model kits when a sprue is either missing or screwed up but again; it can just a be a loooong process.

Back