S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice crisis! Ive been eyeing those colored volume reprints instead. I only have the first volume so far but it looks like each saga will consist of about 3 volumes or so. The colors are a bit questionable here and there (like a yellow kamehameha) and the translations arent the best but overall theyre pretty nice, just wish there were hardcover versions but i think these will do for me, however I might only collect up to the end of Cell saga, buu saga was never really my fave at all lol. Afterwards i might try to collect original DB.

It's going to be rare for somebody to step above Goku since he's the main character. The only exception was Gohan but that didn't last long. The reason Goku wanted the younger generation to defend Earth was because he accepted his death and knew he couldn't always be Earth's Defender. That didn't last long, either.

I'm not sure how they've been mishandling Vegeta though. Goku is a better fighter than Vegeta, always has been. Vegeta acknowledged this in the Buu Saga. One of the few advantages that Vegeta has over Goku is that he was able to achieve Super Saiyan Blue through hard work rather than having the Super Saiyan God ritual as a shortcut. In the Manga, that was the main reason why Goku was able to "defeat" Hit. Even in the Anime, Goku had the privilege of knowing the Kaio-ken technique as his advantage to "defeat" Hit.

I disagree, the reason is the Majin Vegeta fight. It shows that when Goku and Vegeta's power levels are around the same, Vegeta is just as good as fighter as Goku. Keep in mind I'm talking technique and skill not power level.

qLLSQJ.gif

Yeah, I dont get why folks think Vegetas being mishandled either, its been stated in Super that they ARE pretty much equal at this point. Everytime Vegeta has been taken out, the exact same thing would (and did in some cases) happen to Goku.

Theres the Hit fight, if not for kaioken, Goku wouldnt have stood a chance either; and Goku still got beaten by Black, he just didnt get stabbed, if Goku would have went first its likely the same thing would have happened to Goku. Oh, and Frieza beat Goku, lets not forget that.

End of the day though, Gokus the main character.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/V6t1gyPt_uY

Damn...looks like someone got his figurerise gohan

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

His stuff doesnt look too bad with the basic paint job he gives them, and actually gohan turned out a bit better than the protos imo, i think some shading wouldve made his models perfect.

also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s_gCXdCEg0

spanish review of the cell kit, not sure if this guy coated or painted or not, but cell looks pretty good too, he also seems to scale properly with figuarts as the figuarts cell was too short haha

His stuff doesnt look too bad with the basic paint job he gives them, and actually gohan turned out a bit better than the protos imo, i think some shading wouldve made his models perfect.

spanish review of the cell kit, not sure if this guy coated or painted or not, but cell looks pretty good too :O

I'm still expecting the figurerise ss goku in the mail. I haven't ordered figurerise cell or gohan yet. But will probably get around to that soon. I enjoy building these things but kinda lazy for giving it that paintjob.

I disagree, the reason is the Majin Vegeta fight. It shows that when Goku and Vegeta's power levels are around the same, Vegeta is just as good as fighter as Goku. Keep in mind I'm talking technique and skill not power level.

qLLSQJ.gif

That was a very good fight between Vegeta and Goku. I'm not sure the entirety of that fight would be the best example. Goku did mention that they were on the same level but Goku wasn't necessarily taking the fight seriously. The one time he took it seriously is when Vegeta refused his family and Goku knocked him on his ass. Also, Goku wasn't using his full power because he was distracted by Majin Buu. Vegeta acknowledged that.

I suppose the real question for that fight is was Vegeta trying to kill Goku? (Edited: That was a stupid question considering Goku was already dead.)

https://youtu.be/V6t1gyPt_uY

Damn...looks like someone got his figurerise gohan

Shoot, now I'm tempted to wait for the new S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan (2) Gohan to get the same purple for his gi and apply it to this model kit.

spanish review of the cell kit, not sure if this guy coated or painted or not, but cell looks pretty good too, he also seems to scale properly with figuarts as the figuarts cell was too short haha

Wow, if Perfect Cell was thinner, he would have blended in really nicely with the S.H. Figuarts.

prototypes of SS2 Goku & Majin Vegeta would be phat as paired releases
easy win for Tamashii make it happen already sheesh.. long overdue at this point

prototypes of SS2 Goku & Majin Vegeta would be phat as paired releases
easy win for Tamashii make it happen already sheesh.. long overdue at this point

They may be long overdue but think of it this way; both of them would have used the older body molds and wouldn't look that great compared to these newer releases. (Majin Vegeta probably would have used the body mold from Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta and possibly a painted "M" on the older Super Saiyan Vegeta faces.) It's much better for them to be released after Tamashii Nations developed better articulation, sculpting, and the overall quality they have now.

I've been waiting for a definitive SS2 goku figure or statue for a long time, way before figuarts... has there ever been one? I know some casual fans can't tell the difference between SS1 and SS2 but I can.

I've been waiting for a definitive SS2 goku figure or statue for a long time, way before figuarts... has there ever been one? I know some casual fans can't tell the difference between SS1 and SS2 but I can.

Banpresto's SCultures 6 "Dragon Ball Super" Super Saiyan 2 Goku is the best I've seen...

DBZSS2%20BT%206%20Vol4%20Main-650x600.jpg

Edited: If Banpresto decides to release a SCultures Black in the same scale, I'll be going back to buy this.

Banpresto's SCultures 6 "Dragon Ball Super" Super Saiyan 2 Goku is the best I've seen...

DBZSS2%20BT%206%20Vol4%20Main-650x600.jpg

Edited: If Banpresto decides to release a SCultures Black in the same scale, I'll be going back to buy this.

That is great, I've never seen it before... But while looking for it on ebay I did come across another SS2 goku they've done, but something is off about the head and I really don't like it.

s-l1600.jpg

Also: Unrelated, but can anyone give me pointers of what to look for to avoid non-authentic SHF figures on ebay? I see a bunch of regular goku's for a decent price and the boxes appear to be authentic, but my common sense is tingling.

That is great, I've never seen it before... But while looking for it on ebay I did come across another SS2 goku they've done, but something is off about the head and I really don't like it.

Also: Unrelated, but can anyone give me pointers of what to look for to avoid non-authentic SHF figures on ebay? I see a bunch of regular goku's for a decent price and the boxes appear to be authentic, but my common sense is tingling.

That's why I didn't mention that Super Saiyan 2 Goku. I'm not a fan of it.

Post auctions you're interested in on here and people will help you determine whether or not it's authentic. It's usually the stickers that tell you but some people could be using stock photos or something to throw you off.

Honestly since Goku could go SSJ3, it's safe to say he wasn't giving it his all, for the sake of Vegeta's pride. It wasn't just Majin Buu, it was Vegeta's pride.

And it's a safe bet that Vegeta would have lost outright to SSJ3.

How to tell if they are fake:
1. Is it being sold from China?
If yes, it is fake
2. Is it a Buy It Now listing less than $80?
If yes, it is fake

As a Chinese, I find that offensive.

You must be joking, right? Damn internet with no indication of sarcasm...
These are facts and I meant no offense. I browse eBay multiple times a day for figures and have not yet seen a legit Figuarts from China.

blogness, Tin is the epitamy of sarcasm, I thought everyone knew that by now. You just got trolled im afraid [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back