S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't beerus at one point shown off with a darker/glossy purple? I'm hoping this cell is still in the works

I'm really glad Gohan has his anime colors, I just hope it includes his powered down head to make this a perfect release (at least imo)

Beerus was one of those figures that had gloss because of it being a prototype, it wasnt ever going to be released like that. Figuarts Mace Windu in the Star Wars line was the same deal.

If I were to guess the gloss is another way to ensure it isnt stolen, like them drilling a hole into the figure.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

These look awesome!

-Battle Damage SSJ2 Gohan looks fantastic. Great sculpt-work and I'm glad the hair is consistent in style so that he'll pair nicely with the original SSJ Gohan. They definitely need to add some scuffs and battle damage and it's quite possible that they're still going to work on that so this isn't the final product. The only thing that sucks is that they've sort of jumped around with the anime and manga colors for the original SSJ Gohan, so if you don't have the SDCC Gohan, this figure doesn't "pair well" with the original release in manga colors. Which makes me wonder...is it possible we might see a Premium Color Edition SSJ Gohan based on his original release in manga colors but deviating enough from the SDCC version? They could do one with less shading, golden, semi-metallic hair, etc. just like PCE Vegeta and Trunks. Their "rules" don't necessarily block them from doing PCE versions of Regular releases, do they?

-Cell's colors still look great despite the fact that they're inaccurate. Is that SHADING I see? Looks like more on this PCE edition than previous figures we've had. There's still the chance with some feedback that Tamashii will adjust the coloring. It actually looks more like they just slapped a green color that we've seen on Semi-Perfect and Imperfect Cell. It'd be nice if this ends up being more anime-accurate and was a lighter, bright green.

-Pre-ordered Collector's Edition Xenoverse 2...I want that Super MSP Goku!

These look awesome!

-Battle Damage SSJ2 Gohan looks fantastic. Great sculpt-work and I'm glad the hair is consistent in style so that he'll pair nicely with the original SSJ Gohan. They definitely need to add some scuffs and battle damage and it's quite possible that they're still going to work on that so this isn't the final product. The only thing that sucks is that they've sort of jumped around with the anime and manga colors for the original SSJ Gohan, so if you don't have the SDCC Gohan, this figure doesn't "pair well" with the original release in manga colors. Which makes me wonder...is it possible we might see a Premium Color Edition SSJ Gohan based on his original release in manga colors but deviating enough from the SDCC version? They could do one with less shading, golden, semi-metallic hair, etc. just like PCE Vegeta and Trunks. Their "rules" don't necessarily block them from doing PCE versions of Regular releases, do they?

-Cell's colors still look great despite the fact that they're inaccurate. Is that SHADING I see? Looks like more on this PCE edition than previous figures we've had. There's still the chance with some feedback that Tamashii will adjust the coloring. It actually looks more like they just slapped a green color that we've seen on Semi-Perfect and Imperfect Cell. It'd be nice if this ends up being more anime-accurate and was a lighter, bright green.

There has been quite a lot of people on cell's color so I hope that you're right and Tamashii will hear our feedback and fix it.

Xenoverse 2 keeps getting me more and more hyped, the collector's edition looks awesome, but I might just preorder the deluxe edition instead, preordering is a must for those who want to have black goku as a playable character

The new battle damaged gohan looks great but after reading some comments it would have been better to make a super warrior awakening gohan instead so the figure would be more versatile. As someone stated before this figure is only accurate for father-son kamehameha and also the saving vegeta scene haha

Im thinking that they wanted this release to be more different than the regular release or SDCC and also they wanted more rips in the knee area so they could sculpt actual knees and not worry about what to do with the joints. It's too bad though, i think i wouldve preferred an awakening version more, but this is still good and im probably still gonna get it, hopefully it comes with a normal black hair that has a smiling face or exhausted smiling face (from when he was lying on the floor when everything was over), that would make this release as perfect as it could be aside from needing scuffs and blood.

Also, i think PCE cell looks pretty good, looks like the face maybe getting a make over too similar to how PCE vegeta and Trunks faces are different as well. An SSJ goku 2.0 would be great to round off these cell saga releases, they could have his ssj hair molded the in the mastered SSJ style similar sculpt to ssb but yellow with shading.

What do you mean an "Awakening" version? Like when he first turned SSJ2?

This look?:
F9y4qiT.png

I don't really see us getting that Gohan because unlike Awakening Goku who was pretty beaten down, Awakening Gohan was just a few tears and blood on his forehead. Sure his outfit is overall shredded but the damage isn't anything like Goku at the end of most fights in DBZ. Plus one of the things they said with Cell was to re-create the Kameaha struggle, which this Gohan is built for.

Damn you guys brought up a lot of good points. Gohan, while beautifully sculpted, isn't very versatile in posing if accuracy means anything. Also, the cleanliness just keeps popping out more and more. Regarding that specific point, I understand why they wouldn't add blood but some cuts and scrapes shouldn't be a problem. They did it with the Figuarts Zero figures without raising the 15+ age of the figure so why not do it for the S.H. line? Sucks that SWA Goku didn't get it, but he can still pull it off with or without the scrapes. Gohan just looks off without it though.

I'm on the fence about Cell. His paint app is definitely cleaner and at first glance I though they actually beefed him up simply due to the shading and detail that pops out more. The vibrancy is nice but tbh, the OG is more accurate overall. This shade of green isn't manga nor anime and it's bothersome (at least to me). I would hope they'll take our feedback and change it but they probably won't. Think about how much feedback we gave with SSGSS Vegeta and nothing happened.

Also PC Cell probably won't have the Kamehaha effect, really killing his options with Gohan unless you have any of the Normal Gokus or OG Cell.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I prefer that Perfect Cell a lot more than the original release. It'll be interesting to see what the final product will look like.

42a0c868fad26ccebf123244cf6da8b5.jpg

These look awesome!

Well, the point for Web Exclusive Premium Color releases is to create alternatives for collectors that missed out on the original releases. So a Web Exclusive Premium Color based off of a Regular Release doesn't seem necessary if they're able to be reissued but that doesn't stop it from being an SDCC Exclusive.

Edited:

Perfect Cell's smirk face looks amazing!

Gohan's sculpt work is superb. So glad to see Gohan with bigger arms. As much as I like the original release, those arms were way too small for me. I really like how they painted the inside shoulder pocket purple. One thing I've noticed about Super Warrior Awakening Goku and Super Saiyan Son Gohan is that neither of them have shoulders with holes in them to hold the gi (due to the battle damage) and they're beautifully transitioned from the shoulder down.

Edited: Thanks for providing all these photos, Cooler!

Take a look at the Gohan ankles...I hope they have some pivot in them. It looks like they didn't bend the joint for a more natural stance or haven't finished the articulation just yet for this proto.

Take a look at the Gohan ankles...I hope they have some pivot in them. It looks like they didn't bend the joint for a more natural stance or haven't finished the articulation just yet for this proto.

There's no articulation in the ankle so it may be due to an early prototype. I can't imagine they would release it without one.

@Bardoon Hmmm, yeah hope they improve that.

Wait, are those stands even stuck into those bases!?

Sorry, but I genuinely can't wrap my head around how you could like this pce cell... I'm surprised people do. This is flatout not what Cell looks like, like ever, anywhere. Particularly because the green is WAY darker than it should be, while the purple has become pink. Colors vary due to lighting etc, so I can totally understand being fine with something that strays from the average to a particular instance, but at least everything should either be the color it becomes when darkened or lightened. But how they did go here!? I'd almost say they purposefully went off on it to not meddle too much with the value of the original.:dunno This might even be worse than trump-skin, mustard gi ssj3 goku imo.

Premium Color Perfect Cell is really not that far off from this recent Dragon Ball Heroes card...

img60854155.jpg

Edited: Lighter green, of course, but the very light purple is there. It doesn't seem that Perfect Cell has a set shade/tone of green to him going through these Dragon Ball Hero cards and animation.

Edited: Side thought...I really hope Auta Magetta isn't the "BIG" character that Tamashii Nations is hinting about.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really like PC Cell, and I think the bright/vibrant colors makes the figure pop and stand out from the rest. It looks more anime/cartoony than the OG Cell. I was hoping the PC would have smaller eyes. That's my only complaint about PC Cell.

as awesome as this "new" Gohan is... adult Gohan would've been a waaay better reveal, esp with the new articulation. Future Gohan, Saiyaman, Second Coming, whichever. Tell me this wouldn't look 9000x better in articulated form

dbz.jpg

there's still time, but c'mon already

As much as I am not a Gohan fan like the rest of you, I agree that would make a great figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back