S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dunno but i think it was perfect as-is

imagine had they did the "build-a-figure" route, where certain characters each come with a piece of Shenron AND a Dragon Ball. Once you've collected them all you assemble it into this

That would be the ideal length. I don't see Tamashii Nations using the build-a-figure route with the multiple characters/releases but the multiple connecting pieces would make the packaging condensed and easy to assemble. I like the Dragon Ball idea, too.

Adam Newman said that this would be back on the table after Broly's outstanding pre-orders. I hope somebody interviews him at SDCC this year with that question and gives us with some sort of hint that it's still being updated.

Edited:
Thank you Angelo! Haha yeah I felt I had to post this at the moment I saw you mentioning the Oozaru! XD

There couldn't have been a better follow-up post. It was the picture come to life. That was wild!

Edited: Figure-rise Standard Super Saiyan 2 Gohan and Perfect Cell have received an update and appear to be ready for mass production...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Edited: Added more pictures.

cell and kid buu look awesome! kind of meh on gohan and the upcoming ssj1 goku, but so far it seems like the other characters will be getting better. Really looking forward to a possible mecha and golden frieza, the proportions look much better. Also this cell looks like it may scale more properly with figuarts as well, since he's suppose to be alot taller than goku.

I'm going to post all photos that I found of the Figure-rise Standard if anybody is interested...

Spoiler Spoiler:

...and yes, that is S.H. Figuarts Future Trunks. Edited: Wait, it's not. It's some sort of mold of the S.H. Figuarts Future Trunks.

Edited:
cell and kid buu look awesome! kind of meh on gohan and the upcoming ssj1 goku, but so far it seems like the other characters will be getting better. Really looking forward to a possible mecha and golden frieza, the proportions look much better. Also this cell looks like it may scale more properly with figuarts as well, since he's suppose to be alot taller than goku.

I prefer Super Saiyan 2 Gohan to be noticeably jacked. One of my favorite Dragon Ball Z figures growing up was the Super Battle Collection Cell Saga Super Saiyan Gohan.

Edited: Yeah, most of the prototypes appear to be solid molds. Gohan and Perfect Cell were solid molds last time we saw them and now they've been updated with most of the model kit pieces. So all of the solid molds that we see will be given the same treatment. I'm really liking the Mecha/Golden Frieza sculpts. Slightly thicker but I'm excited to have 3 different forms of Friezas all close within the same proportions as one another. Perfect Cell is thicker as well but the height and color looks fantastic.

Yeah, build a figure is the way to go. Worked for Marvel Legends, and it would work for Figuarts.

This is a fantastic idea but knowing Tamashii it could easily take over a year before we finally would get all the BAF parts with their current release schedule. Fans would be in an uproar about how long it would take. Part of why it works for Marvel Legends is they release all the pieces at once, you just have to buy all the figures in the Wave. Tamashii's current business model with one figure being released every 2-3 months doesn't scale to that.

Also I think we would also see a slight mark-up in price as well...easily an extra $5-$10 for the BAF piece along with the figure. So unless the BAF pieces are packaged with PCE editions than we could go down a tricky path with this given the current price trends.

I think the idea of including an appropriate-scale Dragon Ball (1-7) with each figure would be ideal. Or you can toss them into an accessory pack that all of us fans have been clamoring for.

Last edited:
They've shown Godzilla MonsterArts and Sailor Moon Figuarts Zeroes. Nothing Dragon Ball Z related though. Edited: They did make a post that there was going to be some "BIG" news at the event. I don't think that's been revealed yet.

Maybe that shin Godzilla was the "big" reveal, they seemed to have some press around that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that shin Godzilla was the "big" reveal, they seemed to have some press around that

I thought of that but, since it was revealed before the event, I didn't think that it was much of a big reveal. It could have been though since it was the first time it was seen in person. I saw they had a couple of very higher-ups from the company take photos with it at the event. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Hopefully there will be more revealed.

They've shown Godzilla MonsterArts and Sailor Moon Figuarts Zeroes. Nothing Dragon Ball Z related though. Edited: They did make a post that there was going to be some "BIG" news at the event. I don't think that's been revealed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broly is 'big'. :lol

Just finished the live stream. Man the latest episode was great. But very, very depressing. :(

God damn, give Trunks' world a rest already.

Just watched it too. I just hope Super stays this way because now, NOW we have old school DBZ back! The seriousness of Trunks parts is amazing and tense, and yes, there are "casualties", wont say who, but its as if Toriyama thought "ok, I get it, you want drama, fine, here" :lol

Everyone here who hasnt started watching Super yet, now is most definitely the time. Oh, while we are on the subject; who do we think the green supreme Kai is? Im thinking he/she is like Demigra from Xeno, a "Makaioshin" or evil Kaioshin from the demon realm. He/she is likely the one behind Black Goku (who does indeed have only one Potara) since he/she has white hair (callback to Toriyamas statement saying the next villain has white hair).

Glad to hear the positive feedback guys, as much as I want to see DBS, especially now, I'm going to wait for the English dub, which I hope won't be too far from now...

So as far as categorizing DBS into sagas like DBZ had, is it fair to call them: Battle of Gods/Beerus Saga, Golden Frieza Saga, Universe 6/Champa Saga, and now we're entering the Black Goku Saga?

So as far as categorizing DBS into sagas like DBZ had, is it fair to call them: Battle of Gods/Beerus Saga, Golden Frieza Saga, Universe 6/Champa Saga, and now we're entering the Black Goku Saga?

The current story arc is officially called the Future Trunks Saga

Back