S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with prodigy about the Manga vs anime Piccolo. The anime version looks so much better. Same goes for Gohan. I really want doubles of them and the original Trunks but I don't exactly have an extra $400-500 laying around...

I'll give ya Gohan definitely, he looks better. As for Piccolo, they just look so similar, I can't actually tell which is which. The difference is the arms to me only and I can't even remember without looking at which one I have, which one is anime vs. manga.

As someone who only recently delved into the Manga, I grew up with the Anime version and I STILL don't remember the coloring.

The other thing is consistency, the SDCC versions of Gohan/Goku have really nice shading on them that genuinely looks cool. However pretty much none of the other figures have that shading at all. :( They look rather out of place in comparison to the rest of the line.

Well, the Frieza I bought for $185 fell threw. The seller was super scared to go through with it since this was his 1st time selling through Paypal (wasn't through Ebay originally). He cancelled the payment thankfully. Now, I just got a used Frieza for $165 off Ebay. Saved $20 but still, dat price. :(

I'll give ya Gohan definitely, he looks better. As for Piccolo, they just look so similar, I can't actually tell which is which. The difference is the arms to me only and I can't even remember without looking at which one I have, which one is anime vs. manga.

As someone who only recently delved into the Manga, I grew up with the Anime version and I STILL don't remember the coloring.

The other thing is consistency, the SDCC versions of Gohan/Goku have really nice shading on them that genuinely looks cool. However pretty much none of the other figures have that shading at all. :( They look rather out of place in comparison to the rest of the line.

Imo, the difference is night and day. Trunks and Vegeta's hair has nice shading and the SDCC's compliment it. The manga ones have NO shading though and would probably look best with the Premium versions even though they actually do have some shading, albeit light shading. Add to the fact that most of the releases are anime accurate with vibrant colors and the manga ones are just not as colorful in general. The anime versions over the mangas all day err day.

Figuarts-DBZ-SDCC-Piccolo-22.jpg

Yeah...the shade of green looks better on the manga Piccolo. Sdcc piccolo too dark.

In a perfect world, I would've preferred the green color of manga Piccolo to be used for the SDCC and everything else remaining the same. I just personally don't like the creamy orange muscles, the lighter purple, and the light brown feet. I know Piccolo as having a dark purple outfit with PINK muscles. That's the one defining factor with ol Pickles to me. His badass look and those beautiful pink muscles.

Man...can't wait to display Goku in fighting poses against Bruce Lee. Just received word that Bruce is coming January 2016.

201595d89ae13195d26c8130cddd8fc5.jpg

Indeed that does look pretty phat. However, as FSLAR said in the Figuarts General thread, Tamashii (as well as Figma) seems to be having issues with getting "real" human faces right. The final result always looks awkward. I hope this won't be the case with Bruce Lee. Imagine opening the package and you see the same faces as their Superman. I don't think I would even be mad, I would just laugh in sheer disbelief.

Prodigy/Shonen, your back and forth was amazing. Until the real life picture. That was creepy.

Anywho, you have convinced me in the end, for one of the cheapest SDCC figures, I'll buy the bloody SDCC Piccolo once I get a Special Beam Canon to go with him. :p

I guess it's revenge for convincing you to get the SSJ3 Figuarts Zero EX statue.

The yellow arms with piccolo suck imo. It's simply not piccolo to me because the anime is why I'm a fan and what's associated in my visual memory. Don't really care that I had to pay some more for it. (Bought 2!) Piccolo is one of my fav characters, I want him to look as much like how I grew to like him and how he's familiar to me. I really can't stand the yellow. Kami is yellow for me. But I find it less good looking in general.

That and the belt of course. As for the smaller details... Anime Piccolo is a little dark, but manga piccolo is bland, the colours don't pop. And I also usually prefer shading over no shading, even if it's not exactly accurate. Put a fat lightsource on it and it's fine. Colour shades are easily remedied by lighting. Different colours as well as blandness, not so much.

DAM my Gohan is so close to being here. The excitement is killing me.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

Prodigy/Shonen, your back and forth was amazing. Until the real life picture. That was creepy.

Anywho, you have convinced me in the end, for one of the cheapest SDCC figures, I'll buy the bloody SDCC Piccolo once I get a Special Beam Canon to go with him. :p

I guess it's revenge for convincing you to get the SSJ3 Figuarts Zero EX statue.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

The yellow arms with piccolo suck imo. It's simply not piccolo to me because the anime is why I'm a fan and what's associated in my visual memory. Don't really care that I had to pay some more for it. (Bought 2!) Piccolo is one of my fav characters, I want him to look as much like how I grew to like him and how he's familiar to me. I really can't stand the yellow. Kami is yellow for me. But I find it less good looking in general.

That and the belt of course. As for the smaller details... Anime Piccolo is a little dark, but manga piccolo is bland, the colours don't pop. And I also usually prefer shading over no shading, even if it's not exactly accurate. Put a fat lightsource on it and it's fine. Colour shades are easily remedied by lighting. Different colours as well as blandness, not so much.

Anime colors over manga colors anyday. Aren't TRUE manga color supposed to be black and white? I find the coloring to be so unnatural and bland. The anime colors just pop!

Quick question: So I took a bunch of pics of my entire collection, DB and non-DB. It's a good amount of pictures which is the only reason I ask. Should I just post em all here or post them in the practically dead collection thread. I wants to show all my goodies :monkey3

Quick question: So I took a bunch of pics of my entire collection, DB and non-DB. It's a good amount of pictures which is the only reason I ask. Should I just post em all here or post them in the practically dead collection thread. I wants to show all my goodies :monkey3

eadbcfbd7c1de3b408367496cb220d8f.jpg

Unlock your inner Z fighter

@prod just post a notice here with a pic or two and [post a link to the collections thread for the whole deal... Then you notify the main thread but don't clog it...

Plus then you give us a nice reminder to check that thread.:lol

Back