S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like the minimalist design could work but it's really the colors that irk me. I actually wasn't expecting a big Cooler like form. I was expecting something similar to his 4th form but with maybe a few extra appendages or SOMETHING extra. Instead, it's a repaint and it's a gold repaint at that clashing with purple. His color scheme is along the lines of purple, black, grey, white, and pink. ANY of those colors would've been better than gold.

Frieza hates Saiyans too and to make him look like a Saiyan (completely gold and honestly he has a monkey like look to him now imo) is disrespectful to the villain.

Served, friend :wink1::

Frieza%20Movie%203_zpsap3zm8ay.jpg
YES! Thanks mate!:clap See, this is genuinely better. He grows and he becomes golden. okay! i can appreciate that. It's simple, it's stylish, it mirrors ssj. It's left field, I'd be fine with this.
Hey Silrian buddy. Remember when we were chatting about Toriyama being Lucas-eque?

Yeeeeeeaaahh. This guy was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the new Frieza design. :slap

View attachment 170439

lmao, yeah and worse than lucas, toriyma went golden shower.:lol

I know this is off topic but I was thinking about Avengers Age of Ultron this past weekend and it dawned on me; Joss Wheedon is re-telling the Android Saga/Cell Games using Marvel superheroes. Look at the similarites:

- A super android that is able to re-form himself and eventually makes an Ultimate, or Perfect, form - Cell or Ultron
- A peaceful Android that assist and joins the heroes at the end to battle this Perfect/Ultimate android villain - Android 16 or Vision
- A set of brother-sister twins that begin the story as bad guys that end up becoming good guys at the end - Android 17 and 18 or Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
- When the group reforms after X amount of years a pair of our heroes have formed an unlikely relationship - Bulma and Vegeta or Black Widow and Hulk
- Aaron Taylor as Quicksilver does have a passing resemblance to Trunks

If Man of Steel was a similar Saiyan Saga, why can't Age of Ultron be the Android/Cell Saga? I started thinking about the Infinity War and that could be the Buu Saga. If they ever make it, a movie were the Justice League goes to Apokalips to confront Darkseid could be a nice candidate for the Frieza Saga. If you look at the Superman Batman Supergirl story by Jeph Loeb and Michael Turner, rest in peace, Wonder Woman and Big Barda battling The Female Furies was not too far off from the Ginyu Tokusentai against Vegeta, Kuririn and Son Gohan.

Last edited:
Silrian: good to hear that you liked man, I also think it would have been an excellent choice.

Figuarts Zero "Kamehameha" Goku in August:

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_03.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_04.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_05.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_06.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_07.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_08.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_09.jpg

Source: Tamashii.

I know this is off topic but I was thinking about Avengers Age of Ultron this past weekend and it dawned on me; Joss Wheedon is re-telling the Android Saga/Cell Games using Marvel superheroes. Look at the similarites:

- A super android that is able to re-form himself and eventually makes an Ultimate, or Perfect, form - Cell or Ultron
- A peaceful Android that assist and joins the heroes at the end to battle this Perfect/Ultimate android villain - Android 16 or Vision
- A set of brother-sister twins that begin the story as bad guys that end up becoming good guys at the end - Android 17 and 19 or Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
- When the group reforms after X amount of years a pair of our heroes have formed an unlikely relationship - Bulma and Vegeta or Black Widow and Hulk
- Aaron Taylor as Quicksilver does have a passing resemblance to Trunks

If Man of Steel was a similar Saiyan Saga, why can't Age of Ultron be the Android/Cell Saga? I started thinking about the Infinity War and that could be the Buu Saga. If they ever make it, a movie were the Justice League goes to Apokalips to confront Darkseid could be a nice candidate for the Frieza Saga. If you look at the Superman Batman Supergirl story by Jeph Loeb and Michael Turner, rest in peace, Wonder Woman and Big Barda battling The Female Furies was not too far off from the Ginyu Tokusentai against Vegeta, Kuririn and Son Gohan.

That's actually a really great theory :clap

I feel like the minimalist design could work but it's really the colors that irk me. I actually wasn't expecting a big Cooler like form. I was expecting something similar to his 4th form but with maybe a few extra appendages or SOMETHING extra. Instead, it's a repaint and it's a gold repaint at that clashing with purple. His color scheme is along the lines of purple, black, grey, white, and pink. ANY of those colors would've been better than gold.

Frieza hates Saiyans too and to make him look like a Saiyan (completely gold and honestly he has a monkey like look to him now imo) is disrespectful to the villain.

Actually thought the same but that's the hand feet and face being a different colour. Together with a tail he flatout does look like a golden/purple monkey.

latest

I think the main problem is simply what it always is: Toriyama isn't that serious as a writer. And many of us western audiences do appreciate aspects of DBZ in a way more serious tone than Toriyama does, because of the old dubs.

To most western eyes the comedy is second at best and something to ignore at worst. For Toriyama the comedy was originally equal to the action and he's trying to bend back toward that. He already did that with the Buu Arc. He's explicitely said Goku's god form was't buffer but slimmer because he felt Goku was becoming to macho. That's bonkers to western fans. That's why I like the Cell arc the most, it's the only period where DBZ was pretty much entirely serious. And I bet Toriyama dislikes that arc the most. It's just the cursed gap of perception we landed in when Funimation saw an anime and gave it a more serious tone for western audiences (the Ocean dub was a voicecast hired by Funi, but still a funimation production).

Nothing to do about it.:dunno

I think the main problem is simply what it always is: Toriyama isn't that serious as a writer. And many of us western audiences do appreciate aspects of DBZ in a way more serious tone than Toriyama does, because of the old dubs.

To most western eyes the comedy is second at best and something to ignore at worst.

I completely agree. For me, the comedy was always just bearable but never was it why I watched the show. Toriyama's humor is... well, I just can't put my finger on it... but Vegeta's dancing sequence in BoG was unwatchable. But then again that's the show... Dragon ball (before the king piccolo saga) relies mostly on melodrama and crass humor to drive it along. I'd welcome a TFS version of dragon ball. Z took a more serious approach and a lot of the comedic characters fell into the background, for the better of the show.

Thanks for posting those pics Orbital!

I wonder...does this mean the new Figuarts Zeros will be removeable from their brown stands?

I'm to serve :), and yes, in the list of contents appears the body and the stand.

Image of the FZ Spirit Bomb Goku:

FZ%20Spirit%20Bomb%20Goku_zpso8rxtyhp.jpg

I just got that spirit bomb Goku yesterday. I'm really impressed with him. The only other zero I have is the Frieza. Not a big fan of statues but they look good with the regular figuarts.

Silrian: good to hear that you liked man, I also think it would have been an excellent choice.

Figuarts Zero "Kamehameha" Goku in August:

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_03.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_04.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_05.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_06.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_07.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_08.jpg

item_0000010972_4Kev9bjL_09.jpg

Source: Tamashii.

I'm really glad they are doing battle damaged statues..... I plan on getting ssj vegeta and trunks this month

Thanks for posting those pics Orbital!

I wonder...does this mean the new Figuarts Zeros will be removable from their brown stands?

Most of the zeros I have seen you have to place them on their stands/bases...

I'm really glad they are doing battle damaged statues..... I plan on getting ssj vegeta and trunks this month

For anyone who wants battle damaged versions of the Figuarts, I think this is it. The Figuarts Zero are in scale with the Figuarts and are basically exclusively battle damaged. It's their way of giving us battle damaged Figuarts. I don't mind since they all scale together nicely and look damn good but I'm still hoping one day they do SH Figuarts battle damaged

Some people will remove the base & discard the statue, just use the base effects as added decoration for their Figuarts displays lol

Back