S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grail would be the PERFECT Majin Vegeta - slasher smirk/grin, ability to pose for Final Atonement (honestly my first true emotional moment when watching anything as a child), that warm smile he gives to Trunks, maybe SSJ/2 heads(did he go straight to SSJ2, or start as SSJ?)...everything from him as a Majin.

Other grails would be long hair Trunks, Shenron, Kid/Normal Gohan, and a fixed SSJ3 Goku. Smirk and shouting faces, better colors, some other effects, fixed joints. Not sure what else...but those are my most important. Also an Ascened SSJ Vegeta

Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta is what I'm striving towards the most, at this point. So I suppose that would be my "Holy Grail."

Although, I plan on purchasing more Super Saiyan 4 Goku S.H. Figuarts than any other character because he has the most display possibilities if Tamashii ever decides to delve deeper into the Dragon Ball GT universe.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I was at Barnes and Nobles today and I spotted not just a few Normal Gokus and Krillins, but there was an Android 18. Damn. I've read that a few still have 18, too.

I actually go based on art for comic book designs. I mean Neal Adams/Marshall Rogers/Norm Breyfogle Batman is unbeatable to me. Steve Ditko and Todd McFarlane Spider-Man, John Byrne Superman and Wolverine. I honestly like Daredevil in his yellow outfit. The red fits the tone much better in later issues but the yellow is a lot of fun. Steve Rodgers in Super Soldier outfit...eh, I prefer Captain America all the way. It's too iconic to mess with for me. Super Soldier outfit was cool for the time though with his comeback and when he was in control of the Secret Avengers team. That era of Marvel kind of pisses me off with the entire Superhero Registration Act but I won't get into that.

I love those versions because that's what the characters wore in my favorite depictions of them. Although I think the black and grey outfit makes more sense for Batman, he was at his most complex as a character when he was in the blue. I think bringing in all the Robins degraded his character, since they had to make a bigger contrast in personalities. They did a great job in the 90s when it was Bruce, Tim, ****, Barbara, Jean Paul, Selina, James Gordon, Bullock, and Helena, so maybe it's just poor writing. Or its just that I don't like modern Batman writers. I still liked seeing the yellow Daredevil outfit as a flashback! My favorite interpretation of Batman is probably Steve Englehart's so I was happy that you listed Marshall Rogers! The run is so awesome! My other favorites are Frank Miller (the real one, not the skrull), and Denny O'Neil. Did you see the new Mezco Dark Knight Returns? I was debating on getting that, but like I said, I'm being very conservative with my money. I'm crossing my fingers that they make a Neal Adams/Marshall Rogers/Jim Aparo type version. That might be my one exception of buying something outside the Figuarts Dragon Ball line. I understand what you mean about the registration stuff. Marvel was at its best in the 70s and 80s. The 90s though-WOOF! Awful! So maybe that's why I didn't hate the registration stuff as much as most. I thought it was a neat idea though, but wasn't executed as well as it should have been. How many times have Ben Grimm and Johnny Storm gotten in an argument and smashed up the apartment or street? They need to do be held responsible!

The Cell arc is incredible! It has the best character development, pacing, and plot. I think you said that the Cell Games was the peak of the series for you, and I agree! What are your 3 favorite arcs of the series?

For me its:

1. The Cell arc
2. The Red Ribbon Army arc
3. The Piccolo Arc (That includes the tournament, since I don't believe it ends with King Piccolo's death)

My grail would be the PERFECT Majin Vegeta - slasher smirk/grin, ability to pose for Final Atonement (honestly my first true emotional moment when watching anything as a child), that warm smile he gives to Trunks, maybe SSJ/2 heads(did he go straight to SSJ2, or start as SSJ?)...everything from him as a Majin.

Yeah, man! I didn't watch it as a kid, but that is definitely one of the most for me! I think its second to Goku meeting his grandpa again. I wish you'd give the Japanese version a chance, because its such a beautiful scene! Goku actually sounds like a little boy, instead of a chain-smoker, so when he breaks, its really heartening. I respect your opinion if you feel otherwise.

I'm so down for Ascended Vegeta too! Man that would be a dream to get him in a two pack with Trunks! It was such a great scene for their characters. Vegeta was at his absolute worst and we loved him for it!

@Elpidio Valdés Incredible display dude :clap I know that arena cost a lot of money, was thinking about buying it too cuz it's hella awesome. The other one they got is battle damaged right? Looks awesome.

This is what the battle-damaged arena looks like

T2Aq56XmxaXXXXXXXX_!!54168077.jpgT2lgR1XXtdXXXXXXXX_!!54168077.jpgT2VMe6Xb0aXXXXXXXX_!!54168077.jpgT2W996XbtXXXXXXXXX_!!54168077.jpgT22Bq6XbNXXXXXXXXX_!!54168077.jpg

These are their other dioramas they've made

T2yiW5XhBaXXXXXXXX_!!54168077.jpgT2qM1CXcJaXXXXXXXX_!!54168077.jpg

How much?
Retail. Was surprised since they've lost a lot of rarer Bandai products (the D-Arts Megaman line in general.)
Yeah, man! I didn't watch it as a kid, but that is definitely one of the most for me! I think its second to Goku meeting his grandpa again. I wish you'd give the Japanese version a chance, because its such a beautiful scene! Goku actually sounds like a little boy, instead of a chain-smoker, so when he breaks, its really heartening. I respect your opinion if you feel otherwise.

I'm so down for Ascended Vegeta too! Man that would be a dream to get him in a two pack with Trunks! It was such a great scene for their characters. Vegeta was at his absolute worst and we loved him for it!
I can't stand the Japanese dub, it's so horrible :lol Goku's va is one of the main reasons, but I might look into Dragon Ball's dub for that alone. I still love that scene, it's so nice.

Thanks a lot! I absolutelly love it! I must admit I feel a little bad because I really wanted to build my own diorama for my figures (even though I never did something like that) but when I got this I just forgot about it! I didn't expect it at all, the only time I saw it was in random google pics. They won't tell me how they bought it but I looked online and this is what I could find:

JacksDo

and yes it seems they have the destroyed version also!
The demon faces are the best, they are quite heavy as well as the wall they are attached to, but the rest is normal extruded polystyrene. They also included the background poster.

I think, if you can only have one big diorama, one like this is perfect, being the original world tournament arena, it just gives you the freedom to set up any absurd match-up without having your dbz nerd conscience tell you: "that's not canon...", it's like a tenkaichi game, and Broly can battle Nappa if you want ;). But then again, I look at the diorama Crisis posted and I think that's also the one to have hehe.

The Broly effect is in fact from ebay, I bought it for 9$ but I don't love the idea of holding it with a spice jar :p even if Cell is trying to cover it hehe. I think another option can be expensive and way too heavy but a 150mm crystal ball with the tamashii impact effect can look really cool. Anyway, the ball looks nice and it's great to get the natural green light effect on Broly's hand.

-This diorama also changed my most wanted from Tamashii: now is definetely Tao Pai Pai (with cyborg head of course). I don't like Goku so I just want to have my own Tao Pai Pai vs Piccolo final!! More realist most wanteds: Majin Vegeta (of course) and SS4 Vegeta (I want aaaall Vegetas!), Gotenks, Super Buu and First Cell (I despise the perfect form)

Retail. Was surprised since they've lost a lot of rarer Bandai products (the D-Arts Megaman line in general.)
I can't stand the Japanese dub, it's so horrible :lol Goku's va is one of the main reasons, but I might look into Dragon Ball's dub for that alone. I still love that scene, it's so nice.

You have to do it! Well, you don't have to, but I think you'd really enjoy it! :)

Masako Nozawa is my favorite actress and up with my favorite actors because of her performance as Goku in the original Dragon Ball/Z. She's now around 70 years old, so unfortunately, I think she's too old. They've been doing this for 30 years, so the Japanese cast's performances aren't nearly as good as back then. That's why I have to keep both my DVDs and Kai Blu rays, so I'll have one set for watching the Japanese and one set for watching in English. Goku's voice is something you have to get adjusted to, because its so different. I needed to watch Dragon Ball first to adjust to the voice, and grow with the character. It made Goku my favorite fictional character. It takes a lot to say that being such a Batman fan! I completely understand if you still don't like the voice, but you appreciate the acting at least. Her kid Gohan and Goten are so good, so there's that! She's the reason why I can't write off Goten, because she makes him so adorable! You will like her Kid Goku though! You have a soul, don't you? :)

Neat displays, Crisis!

I'm sorry guys if a lot of my wording doesn't make sense. I write so much, that I end up deleting a bunch. Sometimes I delete too much or don't fully delete my sentences, so it looks like my brain is all over the place. Which, it kind of is! :)

I keep forgetting to say this: THANK YOU ORBITAL FOR ALL YOUR PICS! I REALLY LIKED YOUR ANIME RE-PAINTS!

Back