S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anyone changed up their display lately? Haven't seen any new photos lately : (

@Reaper I can give you essentially the same reply as Blood: it's about communication. Hot Toys doesn't display Leonidas at cons anymore either.

Tamashii THEMSELVES ACT as if it's NOT a limitedd collectible line, or bluefin does anyway. And it isn't. The US Bluefin distribution is normal retail. Normal retail releases can get rereleased without a sweat as we see tmashii do with goku and piccolo now too.

So sorry, your argument doesn't hold up because incorrect statements and/or incorrect comparisons....

They continue to display a product that has now factually been proven can in number of ways be rereleased. Yet they simply won't, because the parent producer, domestically, apparently just doesn't feel like answering western demand. And they've broken their own principle trules against doing so.

Which makes it, imo, kinda personal toward collectors.

i wasnt addressing anything about the way they display older figures that aren't available. I agree with you there they shouldnt if it isnt available anymore. I was addressing the fact that you compared these high end toys to something like hasbro who made about 15 to 20 figures a year, with probably 20x more production of each figure then figuarts. Also show me where tamashi doesnt consider these limited? Bluefin has no word in whats limited or not they are just a distributor. Thats like saying hot toys makes a limited batman and sideshows sells it on their website as a normal release. Its the same thing. they are both just distributors for the mother company over seas, They have some influence over what their markets want but ultimately its up to the mother company to decide.

nothowitworks.gif

So has anyone changed up their display lately? Haven't seen any new photos lately : (

nuuuupe

Sorry reaper the moment you mentioned it was unfair to those who bought at inflated prices I stopped reading; that is their choice to do so, no one elses. Tamashii makes nothing extra from those prices, the scalpers do. You wouldnt go out and buy a car for whatever price then blame the company for making a new model cheaper would you?

I get the whole "exclusives should remain that" but in the west they ARENT; in America shops can get them in as retail items via bluefin. What you arent getting is that Tamashii are simply only enforcing the exclusive reissue=no no when they feel like it, but if japan wants it reissued like zero goku then its ok? I couldnt care less about those that feel they lose value, I dont buy them for that; I buy them for the joy they bring me. A few years after said reissue they will go up in price again anyway so that argument is also invalid.

But they were normal releases and Bluefinn still them displays at events, even selling some of them there. A web exclusive has also recently be reissued. SDCC exclusives make sense to not be reissued because as their name implies they're exclusive to begin with. While some people have paid scalper prices, plenty haven't so there's still profit for Bluefinn.

You are wrong they are not normal releases they are still web releases and exclusive ones at that. I am not sure why that figuarts zero was re released as i dont follow that line, but every figure released after the manga ones are exclusives and you shouldnt expect a re release. Just so you dont think im pulling out of my a*s if you go on amazon or bbts in the description it says and i quote " A web exclusive in Japan, Goku has been made specially available for fans in North America via Bluefin Distribution." So i dont know how you guys dont think these are collectibles when it clearly states they are exclusives.

i wasnt addressing anything about the way they display older figures that aren't available. I agree with you there they shouldnt if it isnt available anymore. I was addressing the fact that you compared these high end toys to something like hasbro who made about 15 to 20 figures a year, with probably 20x more production of each figure then figuarts. Also show me where tamashi doesnt consider these limited? Bluefin has no word in whats limited or not they are just a distributor. Thats like saying hot toys makes a limited batman and sideshows sells it on their website as a normal release. Its the same thing. they are both just distributors for the mother company over seas, They have some influence over what their markets want but ultimately its up to the mother company to decide.

I really wasn't comparing it to hasbro initially either, but you addressed me, so i assumed you addressed my entire argument.:lol

And again, if something gets a rerelease, it's not exclusive collectible anymore. All normal retail releases by tamashii could get rereleased, therefore, they're not exclusive collectibles. Hence the fact that they have web EXCLUSIVE figures. Which ARE exclusive. But Bluefin gets them retail overseas. which is the weird discrepancy we're stuck in.

You are wrong they are not normal releases they are still web releases and exclusive ones at that. I am not sure why that figuarts zero was re released as i dont follow that line, but every figure released after the manga ones are exclusives and you shouldnt expect a re release. Just so you dont think im pulling out of my a*s if you go on amazon or bbts in the description it says and i quote " A web exclusive in Japan, Goku has been made specially available for fans in North America via Bluefin Distribution." So i dont know how you guys dont think these are collectibles when it clearly states they are exclusives.

Everyone knows that theses are exclusive in Japan, but they aren't anywhere else. This isn't a case of say Batman Black and White statues where they explicitly say that they are limited and even number them. Bluefinn doesn't advertise these as one and done. It also depends on how you define collectibles as other high end companies do Reissues all the time. The fact that they have already broken their rule also shouldn't be ignored. Yeah it's unfortunate that you paid more than retail but that's your choice. No ones forcing you to pay scalper prices and scalpers don't help Tamashii in any way. Tamashii needs to choose how they advertise their products and stick with it.

Sorry reaper the moment you mentioned it was unfair to those who bought at inflated prices I stopped reading; that is their choice to do so, no one elses. Tamashii makes nothing extra from those prices, the scalpers do. You wouldnt go out and buy a car for whatever price then blame the company for making a new model cheaper would you?

I get the whole "exclusives should remain that" but in the west they ARENT; in America shops can get them in as retail items via bluefin. What you arent getting is that Tamashii are simply only enforcing the exclusive reissue=no no when they feel like it, but if japan wants it reissued like zero goku then its ok? I couldnt care less about those that feel they lose value, I dont buy them for that; I buy them for the joy they bring me. A few years after said reissue they will go up in price again anyway so that argument is also invalid.

You are still wrong in the west they are still exclusives lol. It says it on the description BBTS is western so is amazon.us. It lists on there its a web exclusive brought over from japan by bluefin. Bluefin is just a distributor they are not making any calls. They are just the exclusive distributor for tamashii, just like sideshow is the exclusive distributor for hot toys. this is from BBTS like i said above. "Goku will include the "Kamehameha" effect parts, five interchangeable faces, and a full array of interchangeable hands (5 right/4 left). A web exclusive in Japan, Goku has been made specially available for fans in North America via Bluefin Distribution.
Product Number: BAN15337
Shipping Weight: 0.62 pounds"

Also your car analogy makes no sense its a "new" meaning its not the same as the car that was bought. I am fine with paying for a ssj vegeta for a 150$ and some one else buying a a re tooled or upgraded version 2.0 for retail price. its a different figure. Like i said i dont care for monetary value you should all know that i offered my ssj vegeta for 105$ and no one here took up the offer when they were going for 200$. The main reason i did it was that someone else could have it at cheaper price since i had extras. So that proves i dont care about monetary value, i do care for the value of the figure though. i care if the figure is rare or uncommon. It makes the collection better. for those that have em. As for your last statement i said the same thing after they get re issued and the prices rise again new people will still demand another re issue so its a never ending cycle.

there's a difference between limited, and exclusive. They're not synonyms. This entire line is a limited collectible line, yes, but limited isn't exclusive, if it was, then the term, web exclusive would be nonsensical.

They can and have often rereleased normal releases, yes limited collectibles, but still retail releases. Oh and I'm glad you agree on displaying unavailable product Reaper. That's my biggest issue, principally speaking.

I really wasn't comparing it to hasbro initially either, but you addressed me, so i assumed you addressed my entire argument.:lol

And again, if something gets a rerelease, it's not exclusive collectible anymore. All normal retail releases by tamashii could get rereleased, therefore, they're not exclusive collectibles. Hence the fact that they have web EXCLUSIVE figures. Which ARE exclusive. But Bluefin gets them retail overseas. which is the weird discrepancy we're stuck in.

This is where everyone seems to be confused lol. It is still a web EXCLUSIVE. Bluefin just distributes them. It says on their website these are exclusives lol. If every western retailer says THESE ARE WEB EXCLUSIVES on the item description and the distributor (BLUEFIN CORPS) Also says THESE ARE WEB EXCLUSIVES on their description for the product i dont get how you all say they arent when its listed everywhere they are exclusives LMAO.

there's a difference between limited, and exclusive. They're not synonyms. This entire line is a limited collectible line, yes, but limited isn't exclusive, if it was, then the term, web exclusive would be nonsensical.

They can and have often rereleased normal releases, yes limited collectibles, but still retail releases. Oh and I'm glad you agree on displaying unavailable product Reaper. That's my biggest issue, principally speaking.

yea silrian i agree with you on everything else. they SHOULDNT of re released that figuartz zero web exclusive if they dont plan on doing it for the rest. They shouldnt display things that they dont carry on their site any longer. They shouldnt play dirty like that. My point is that these are still exclusives figures in the west it states it in the description of all the retailers and people are confused and consider them regular release then expect a re release lol

also the entire line is considered and exclusives and limited except for the manga releases. unless you disagree with the description of all the western distributors lol

This is where everyone seems to be confused lol. It is still a web EXCLUSIVE. Bluefin just distributes them. It says on their website these are exclusives lol. If every western retailer says THESE ARE WEB EXCLUSIVES on the item description and the distributor (BLUEFIN CORPS) Also says THESE ARE WEB EXCLUSIVES on their description for the product i dont get how you all say they arent when its listed everywhere they are exclusives LMAO.
Okay I guess I was confused on this, duly noted.
yea silrian i agree with you on everything else. they SHOULDNT of re released that figuartz zero web exclusive if they dont plan on doing it for the rest. They shouldnt display things that they dont carry on their site any longer. They shouldnt play dirty like that. My point is that these are still exclusives figures in the west it states it in the description of all the retailers and people are confused and consider them regular release then expect a re release lol

also the entire line is considered and exclusives and limited except for the manga releases. unless you disagree with the description of all the western distributors lol

We are in accordance now mate. Although I think the manga releases are also limited, as in not mass produced like hasbro's master toy liscence can. So I would bring in a difference in meaning between limited and exclusive and say the whole line per definition, as a collectible, is liomited (some say the term limited is inherent in the term collectible...) but everything after manga gohan is limited AND a web exclusive. But apart from that nitpicking, we're on the same page.

Okay I guess I was confused on this, duly noted.

We are in accordance now mate. Although I think the manga releases are also limited, as in not mass produced like hasbro's master toy liscence can. So I would bring in a difference in meaning between limited and exclusive and say the whole line per definition, as a collectible, is liomited (some say the term limited is inherent in the term collectible...) but everything after manga gohan is limited AND a web exclusive. But apart from that nitpicking, we're on the same page.

:hi5:

im not sure where you got that info, i dont think ive read anything about that. I doubt they would list something like that but if true i would like to see it :D

Back