Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rogue one: Spoilers confirmed! You are warned do no read these are real

Yep, not really interesting. My favourite was the droid. And Chirrut has his moments (and spoke about The Force of the Others, which is a nice touch). The rest were a bit flat.

It worked for me but everyone has their own taste.

Both Jyn and Cassian are great IMO, especially Jyn.

Baze and Chirrut have their thing going on between them, which I like. Didn't really like the last scene with them, I wish that had been done differently but Hey, the Force is Strong. :lol

K-2SO was on the verge on to much comedy for me, but I liked him. Bodhi was a bit flat maybe but I think the actor did a good job.

It was the original movie spliced in with a digitally altered background space battle. I can't decide whether I loved it or found it too distracting. :lol

It was well done, so just love it. I did get a bit annoyed at the focus on Red 5 getting blown to bits.

Re: Rogue one: Spoilers confirmed! You are warned do no read these are real

Which actor does Vader look like in the Bacta Tank?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which actor does Vader look like in the Bacta Tank?

Definately not Hayden. You never see his face though, mostly from the back.

Who is Vader after in final scene since I heard Jyn dies on beach battle?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's on a rebel cruiser, chasing a rebel soldier who has the card with the plans on it that Leia puts into R2. Vader follows the fleeing troopers but doesn't get onto the Tantive IV on time, it disconnects from the cruiser and goes into hyperspace just as he gets to the airlock.

So the plans were not "beamed" to the Tantive IV. Lol

Do they show Vader's POV chasing the Rebel Soldier like a first person shooter?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the plans were not "beamed" to the Tantive IV. Lol

Not really, no. To the cruiser it was docked to.

Do they show Vader's POV chasing the Rebel Soldier like a first person shooter?

No.

Not really, no. To the cruiser it was docked to.

No.

So the Retconned Vader's statements. Changes what Leia's says to him if Vader is literally chasing the plans onto the Tantive IV ship before ANH.

So the Retconned Vader's statements. Changes what Leia's says to him if Vader is literally chasing the plans onto the Tantive IV ship before ANH.

Not really. Vadar knows the plans were beamed from the planet to the ship that the Tantive IV is docked too. The tantive IV, which he sees escape, is the only surviving thing from that ship.

If someone emailed me something and then i printed it off and handed it to someone else, i don't think them referring to having received an email would be terrible.
It's technically incorrect but explains how the message originates. Vadar going "the plans were hand carried on board after the mothership the recieved the message was destroyed" just sounds clunky...

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie. At times it really does feel that you are watching a movie in the Star Wars universe rather than a "Star Wars movie", but i found that a good thing.
The storyline is solid without being anything special, the leads all do a good job and the visuals are great. The droid was just on the right side of being overplayed for laughs and his death was sad. Seeing Red leader and Gold leader was cool, Tarkin looked slightly too CGI, Vadar was excellent and I thought Leia was spot on. Her last line was great.
I would have liked to have seen at least one of the Rogues survive, i think that would have been achievable without the need to reference them in the OT.

One question, why was Leia's ship attached to the battleship? Why was she heading into battle when she was meant to be being dispatched to fetch the Obi-Wan?

One question, why was Leia's ship attached to the battleship? Why was she heading into battle when she was meant to be being dispatched to fetch the Obi-Wan?

Good question actually. They were not supposed to be going into battle until the Rogues went...well, rogue but that ship has it's own hyperdrive so no real reason for it I can see. However we did get the awesome Vader scene because of it.

Good question actually. They were not supposed to be going into battle until the Rogues went...well, rogue but that ship has it's own hyperdrive so no real reason for it I can see. However we did get the awesome Vader scene because of it.

Absolutely loved the vadar bit. I assume that if you play ANH straight after it, it would flow really well.
The only thing i can think is that Leia was hitching a lift with wherever the battleship was meant to be heading, so when they all got scrambled for whatever that planet was called she just taken along for the ride

You mean Jyn dies on the beach? I thought the final battle was an x-wing battle

You mean Jyn dies on the beach? I thought the final battle was an x-wing battle

The final battle is both on the ground (Jyn, Cassian, Baze, Chirrut, Bodhi, K-2SO) and in space/air (Rebel fleet).

Anyone else like and noticed the presence of Cornelius Evazan and Ponda Baba? I love those small connections to Ep IV. They really showed some love for the OT.

Anyone else like and noticed the presence of Cornelius Evazan and Ponda Baba? I love those small connections to Ep IV. They really showed some love for the OT.

If anyone missed that, they are not a true SW fan. :lol

But I agree. Alot of little nods and they didn't feel forced.

I can't believe they actually DID the Vader brawl at the end like all the fanboys wanted. That was pretty frickin' cool I have to say.

And... everyone dies. I never thought Disney would go the distance and kill everyone. So much for their toys.

I stand corrected on both counts. And I'm very happy to have been wrong. Very.

I really enjoyed the movie. I have to come down a bit and revisit this more rationally. Right now my inner fanboy is screaming, mind spinning with everything I've seen. This movie is very rich with a ton of callbacks. In all, it was amazing to see Vader, Tarkin and so many OT characters back on the big screen. I felt the story moved quickly. However, I'm not sure I cared about anyone of the "heroes". Cassian kept me curious after he kills a guy in his opening scene, which was good. Jyn... well, she's cute, but I had no vested interest in why she was getting pulled around in so many directions. Maybe if she tried to get away in the beginning instead of just going along with whatever the rebels told her to do she'd have been more interesting. Not sure why Saw was even in this, nor his 'truth octopus'. But I did really liked the underused "Two Tubes". Now he was a true OT type character. But the movie around the heroes was eye-popping magic and totally the kind of Star Wars movie I have been waiting for them to make for decades. It definitely has its pluses AND minuses though.

We HAVE to get a Tarkin figure from this movie. He was even more evil here than in ANH. He looked CGI'd half the time but not in a bad way. But his "acting" was excellent.

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED*

just watched rogue one: a star wars story last night! and i think it more than lives up to the hype. any worries about the much-publicised reshoots are put to rest (for the most part), with a movie that feels confident, entertaining, and expertly put together (for the most part).

it suffers from some pacing issues, one case of unconvincing CGI, occasionally disjointed storytelling, and slightly clumsy characterisation. but by & large this is a true blue star wars movie in the very best sense of the term. cast standouts are alan tudyk's hilarious droid K2SO and donnie yen's blind force worshipper. diego luna and felicity jones are fine, though i found daisy ridley's rey a better-written and more compelling protagonist overall. ben mendelsohn was a tad wasted as the baddie, his character didn't actually amount to much in the end. and poor forest whitaker had a pretty disposable role.

the 3rd act is outstanding, with cheer-worthy scenes featuring some classic characters and one helluva a kickass battle sequence. love the design aesthetic here, which has always been one of gareth edwards' strengths as a filmmaker. also, his sense of visual-spatial geography is something a lot of other filmmakers working today need to learn from. i always got a sense of what/who was where within any given scene, which helped the clarity and subsequent appreciation of the action.

i still rank the force awakens higher for emotional impact, but there are more than a few moments in rogue one that far outstrips jj abrams' movie.

Holy crap, the Vader scene has made it online and I have seen it. Wow, I was not expecting that and he's killing the Rebels from the beginning of ANH on the Tantive IV before it escapes. It's Almost the reverse of the beginning of ANH when Vaders ship catches and boards it again I assume a few minutes later after chasing it down. Definitely a scene for fanboys everywhere lol.

The music played during this scene sounded like a mix of the Imperial March And the Dual of Fates from TPM with the choir in the background!

Don't watch it. I kinda wish I had waited to see it in theater tonight. It was the same feeling of watching Han die from TFA BEFORE seeing it played in the theater, but oh well, I've watched it 20 times now. Lol!!

P.S. Looks like the designers who made the Tantive IV actually watched ANH and got the ship correct not like the idiots on ROTS. That always bothered me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back