Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

Batman v superman proved that going too dark is bad
Just saying.
Yeah the changes sound bad but,

You guys dont want another fantastic four again, do you????

The movie sounds good but we dont know what really happened.

Maybe disney will actually make it better.

Disney has much better track record than fox OR Sony.... I mean, fair is fair. Disney flops are nowhere near as horrible as fox or sonys flops.

Disney is not infallible of course not, but all im saying is that i think i trust disney a little bit more than lets say fox or sony

And to a point i trust them more than DC with their movies

I agree, SW needs to go into hard unrated Rambo 4 territory.

Or kids just need to grow up :lol

It's possible for them to make an enjoyable for all movie without it catering to kids. It's been done plenty times. That's where my issue is... that some films are catering more to kids just for the sake of toys or merchandise rather than focusing on the quality of the film. It's a problem with modern cinema IMO. Kids have their own movies... not every movie with a superhero or scifi needs to be made for them.

I think the OT was perfect... they didn't feel like they were made specifically just for kids, where on the other hand, you can tell the PT had Jar Jar in it (as well as the pod racing and young Anakin) for kids. And we all know how many toys and merchandise the OT and SW has sold for years and years.

Just saying.
Yeah the changes sound bad but,

You guys dont want another fantastic four again, do you????

Remember the time when kids loved ALIENS and RoboCop? I miss it...

Kids are fine. But their parents are wimps. :lol
Riddick's examples are evidence enough that "dark" isn't intrinsically bad. But badly made, dark movies are, of course, going to be bad. And ones that don't understand or respect the essence of the source material at all, as was t he case with both of the comic movies in question.

But I do disagree with Riddick's point about kids. I saw both Robocop and Terminator when I was way too young to be seeing such things, and was honestly pretty traumatized by both :lol

Disney has much better track record than fox OR Sony.... I mean, fair is fair. Disney flops are nowhere near as horrible as fox or sonys flops.

Disney is not infallible of course not, but all im saying is that i think i trust disney a little bit more than lets say fox or sony

And to a point i trust them more than DC with their movies

Yeah, I commend BvS for taking the dark approach to differentiate themselves and they surely knew it would hit their box office and kids interest by not being a bright and comedic film. It wasn't the greatest film but I didn't hate it.

I thought Disney has had some of the biggest bombs, however I didn't think they were necessarily bad films: Tomorrowland, John Carter, Lone Ranger, Prince of Persia, The Good Dinosaur, to name a few. I think it's only a matter of time until the Marvel films (which don't have Iron Man or Cap in them) suffer the same Box office fate as the other live action Disney films I mentioned above.

Yeah, I commend BvS for taking the dark approach to differentiate themselves and they surely knew it would hit their box office and kids interest by not being a bright and comedic film. It wasn't the greatest film but I didn't hate it.

I thought Disney has had some of the biggest bombs, however I didn't think they were necessarily bad films: Tomorrowland, John Carter, Lone Ranger, Prince of Persia, The Good Dinosaur, to name a few. I think it's only a matter of time until the Marvel films (which don't have Iron Man or Cap in them) suffer the same Box office fate as the other live action Disney films I mentioned above.

Thats what i meant that i trust disney more.

Their flops are not bad movies, not as bad as fox sony or dc flops like green lantern

So these changes going on, well, Disney has a good record so far with quality.

Im just saying maybe this movie is in need of 40% of reshoots for a good reason

I saw both Robocop and Terminator when I was way too young to be seeing such things, and was honestly pretty traumatized by both :lol
Same. But I liked being scared, it was exciting.
Not to mention there was no straight horror.
"The Terminator" isn't "The Thing".

I watched all that stuff too young. But I don't want SW turned into it. I don't think SW is "just for kids."

Calling this one now--Episode 9 will go through a similar situation, where what appears to be a vastly overrated, hack director will end up doing something that would not appeal to audiences, the studio will go into crisis mode, and extensive changes will have to be made with a "shadow director" at the helm. Hopefully David Cronenberg, so Riddick can get the dark and disturbing Star Wars film he always wanted to traumatize kids the world over.

Interestingly, David Lynch was someone the studios wanted to do Jedi. Maybe he can come in and fix Episode IX.

U86WykP.gif

I still hope that Spielberg is actually behind Treverrow on 9.
He apparently used him as a puppet to deliver Jurassic World.

I just cannot imagine what he could put together himself.
JJ, Rian.... Colin Treverrow?

:lol

Well, Spielberg directed JAWS coming off just 2 or 3 TV shows and Duel, he was really a nobody and look at JAWS.

Well, Spielberg directed JAWS coming off just 2 or 3 TV shows and Duel, he was really a nobody and look at JAWS.

Duel and Sugarland Express were very cool "new director" things for the time though, and it was a very different era.

Colin Trevorrow *directed* Jurassic World. Which.. I enjoyed for it's fun factor.. but it showed no directorial talent whatsoever.
It should have been his "jaws".

Yeah, the Russos also didn't have much of a track record and have done very well. But there's a difference between taking a calculated risk with someone with great potential who will work on the cheap (and possibly under strong control from the producers), and going with someone who has a track record of sorts that is extremely lackluster.

Now if it's true that Spielberg pulled a Poltergeist on Trevorrow re: Jurassic World, that's another issue. . .and a pretty big indictment of Mr. Spielberg's abilities at this stage in his career :lol

Back