Robocop by Neca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the smaller McF Robo,Hot Toys Robo 2 with gun arm,Neca 18inch and i have to say, the Neca looks damn good as Peter Weller in Robocop, nothing beats that at all, combine the sculpt of that figure with the Hot Toys paint job and articulation and you got the perfect Robocop..if Hot Toys made Robo now, it would be the best i think, the face would have a more realistic look like all their figures have now.

First off why is there ANY comparison between Neca/McFarlane vs Hot Toys/Sideshow???? There is NO comparison between pairs. The only similarity between both groups is there scale, if you truly think the McFarlane 12" is even in the same league as Hot Toys you're nuts!

That being said it all comes down to what price category you want to stay in, if you're planning on spending $25-$50 then your options are NECA or McFarlane. If $150+ then you are looking at a used Hot Toys Robo up to the Sideshow PF.

Narrow it down by price and then fuss about which one is better. If some of your arguements are paint apps then know this, the paint is more than half of the overall quality imo. Paint is EVERYTHING, sure the scales are similar and the demensions are similar but QUALITY is everything.

I've seen every single Robocop ever made IN PERSON and there is no way you can cross compare the 2 categories. If I spent $25 on a 12" McFarlane i'd be very pleased. Its a $25 toy. The NECA 18" is also a nice figure. Its a $50 toy. If you want representation of Peter Weller as Robocop Hot Toys is hands down the BEST out there!

This is just my opinion.

Well duh! Aside from a few figures, i'll rarely compare anything McF to SS or HT. But they arent bad at all. Esp for the price point.

Nah, Hot Toys fails to get Wellers mouth correct, Neca got that right and the visor and chin guard as well, though Hot Toys visor looks good..Hot Toys Robo is nice from the neck down but, the mouth is very doll like..even the neca looks more realistic..only if Hot Toys made Robo now and not then..and i got my Neca Robo for $35CAN when it came out.

Back