Roberto's Original Trilogy STAR WARS Toy Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, thats an excellent collection. WHY would you be pissed if someone didn't like it? So what? I'm impressed.(still don't see the facination with dozens of TIE's but whatever)

Green with envy over the Millennium Falcon Extraordinare:drool

Dude i dun care what others may say but your dedication to your collection ROCKS! I really marvel at all the new boxes that you designed. I wish i could do something like that too! :chew:chew:chew

Good job!
James.

I agree with Lerath, I got out of Hasbro SW figs a long time ago but I must say custom Sandcrawler simply owns. Great job on the customs and keep us posted if anything new comes along.

Wow. Would that I had that much space mate!
I no longer do the hasbro figures, but the sandcrawler is the most impressive custom i've ever seen in their scale. In the words of the good doctor,
Fantastic!

Wow! I'm blown away by your collection. I love how it's displayed and your custom work in that scale is amazing.

That Sandcrawler is :google. What a cool custom piece to have.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

When the Sandcrawler arrived this summer, I think I nearly had a brain hemmorage from how cool it looked.

Since these photos were taken, I have covered the table with a "sandy-tan" velvet top to make it look a bit more... "Tatooine".

Ummm... Collector Freak? I think you might want to go easy on the sleeping pills. You're missing all the fun, good buddy.:D

Dude, thats an excellent collection. WHY would you be pissed if someone didn't like it? So what? I'm impressed.(still don't see the facination with dozens of TIE's but whatever)

Thanks pal! As for the Tie Fighters... what can I say? "Apple and Oranges", man. Some folks like lots of Clones, I likes me lots a Ties.

I still think one of the most AWESOME images in the entire STAR WARS OT of films is the moment when wave after wave of Tie Fighters and Tie Interceptors came flying and blasting away at the viewer at the start of the space battle in Return of the Jedi.

This is actually a very cool collection! I don't understand what all the earlier fuss was over.

Love the Sandcrawler... and the custom packaging stuff is excellent! Thanks for sharing.

It also seems you have a keen appreciation for the vintage Kenner stuff, which is great.

:duff

Oh, and you're one of the lucky owners of the 6' TRU Falcon, eh? :emperor J/K! I wouldn't have space for that anyway, but I've always wanted one... especially since I agree that it's perfect for the 3 & 3/4 scale. Congrats.

Yeah, I agree totally. Great stuff Roberto.
Your custom packages:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Thanks a lot IrishJedi for that. It means a lot.

Yeah, the Big Millennium Falcon IS pretty much the perfect scale for the 3-3/4 inch figs. It would be even better if the ship's proportions were correct, rather than having the original Kenner "toy" proportions. I love that darn thing!

On the day "Millie" arrived, my wife and I geeked out like crazy, attacking it with four tie fighters, and shouting dialogue from the movie. I think we even blasted John Williams' "Tie Fighter Attack" score on the stereo.

We must have looked like a pair of sawed-off geeks.

Anyway, IJ, thanks again for the kind words. I know we got off to a rocky start yesterday, but I certainly hope we can be good friends.

Shaun-O, that a ton for the props! May the Force be With you.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot IrishJedi for that. It means a lot.

I know we got off to a rocky start yesterday, but I certainly hope we can be friends.

No worries! Like I said in that other thread, it was nothing personal. :duff

And, yeah, you have a lot of common interests with myself and others on here. I'm sure you'll get on just fine once you acclimate yourself.

Seriously, cool collection. And it's very archival. I love that! :rock

Man I would KILL for a few of those customs. Only thing I would suggest is that the ANH head looks a little out of place for ESB and ROTJ Luke. But they all look fantstic, especially Ben and the Emperor. If I ever get the time I may be borrowing a few ideas. Oh, and how much did that Sandcrawler cost to ship?! It looks amazing.

Hey, Roberto, what part of the country do you live in?

(And no, I'm not asking because I want to steal your Sandcrawler. :lol )

SWEET FREAKIN JESUS:google :google :google!!!!!!

That is a rather impressive collection you have there! The Sandcrawler is the gem, IMO.

You have every right to be proud of you collection.

And I must say this is the most comprehensive and complete thread I have ever seen anyone devote to their collection:lol

Man I would KILL for a few of those customs. Only thing I would suggest is that the ANH head looks a little out of place for ESB and ROTJ Luke. But they all look fantstic, especially Ben and the Emperor. If I ever get the time I may be borrowing a few ideas. Oh, and how much did that Sandcrawler cost to ship?! It looks amazing.

Yes the question of Luke's head has come up before.

I must admit this was a personal preference choice and done intentionally.
Let me explain:

I just don't think Hasbro has created an attactive Luke Skywalker headsculpt in the 3-3/4 inch scale other than the Power of the Jedi 25th Anniversarry "Sing to Freedom" Luke.

Furthermore, the scale of the figures has steadily shrunken since the Episode I line. Using one of the newer Luke heads would only make him seem Pea-headed in my view.

In the end, I decided to just select ONE preferred headsculpt for all of my human custom STAR WARS main character action figures (Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, Obi-Wan) and I just repeated them for all of their OT outfits.

I think of it as an homage to the early Kenner / Hasbro days when the same Luke, Han etc. headsculpts were re-used for their various OT outfits.:rolleyes:

Hey, Roberto, what part of the country do you live in?

(And no, I'm not asking because I want to steal your Sandcrawler. :lol )

I'm actually in Brooklyn, NY. I've really gotta update my profile here.

And no, I'm not worried about any "heists" to my stuff.:D

In fact, if you're ever in my neck of the woods, feel free to ring me up. You've got an open invite to stop over, throw back a few :duff, and "geek-out" with me up in the collection room. Wifey won't mind.

As I said before, I believe sharing is the whole point of having / enjoying a collection:D

Last edited:

That is a rather impressive collection you have there! The Sandcrawler is the gem, IMO.

And I must say this is the most comprehensive and complete thread I have ever seen anyone devote to their collection:lol

Thanks, good buddy.

Yes, I'm nothing if not "comprehensive". :rock2

Those new boxes look awsome but there is something about the cheesyness of those old ones that are just too cool.

I agree 100% with what the King said. :rock

I'm actually in Brooklyn, NY. I've really gotta update my profile here.

And no, I'm not worried about any "heists" to my stuff.:D

In fact, if you're ever in my neck of the woods, feel free to ring me up. You've got an open invite to stop over, throw back a few :duff, and "geek-out" with me up in the collection room. Wifey won't mind.

As I said before, I believe sharing is the whole point of having / enjoying a collection:D

Cool deal! :duff

Actually, I was asking because I was curious as to whether you ever considered getting that Sandcrawler out to Death Valley for some proper photos. As you probably know, all of the shots of the complete Sandcrawler (i.e. not the ones of the bottom shown at the Lars Homestead and the Jawa slaughter scenes) were actually filmed in Death Valley, CA and not in Tunisia. This includes the new shot of the moving Sandcrawler filmed for the Special Editon, which ILM also did out in Death Valley. If you're ever interested in doing this let me know and I can hook you up. Not only do I have the exact locations you'd want (including GPS coordinates) I've written a travel guide with two friends about all of the SW locations in that area (which we're still waiting on the publisher to move on 2 years later... but that's another story :tap).

Those new boxes look awsome but there is something about the cheesyness of those old ones that are just too cool.

Yeah, but the new boxes were made for the NEW Hasbro toys, not the vintage Kenner ones. He just made the packaging reflect the superior vintage style, which rocks. :rock

Cool deal! :duff

Actually, I was asking because I was curious as to whether you ever considered getting that Sandcrawler out to Death Valley for some proper photos. As you probably know, all of the shots of the complete Sandcrawler (i.e. not the ones of the bottom shown at the Lars Homestead and the Jawa slaughter scenes) were actually filmed in Death Valley, CA and not in Tunisia. This includes the new shot of the moving Sandcrawler filmed for the Special Editon, which ILM also did out in Death Valley. If you're ever interested in doing this let me know and I can hook you up. Not only do I have the exact locations you'd want (including GPS coordinates) I've written a travel guide with two friends about all of the SW locations in that area (which we're still waiting on the publisher to move on 2 years later... but that's another story :tap).

Holy smoke!!!

Something like that would be really cool! Transporting the Sandcrawler out there might be a challenge, though. My crawler is actually larger than the ILM filming model.

When it was shipped to me from the builders in South America, they built an entire WOODEN CRATE filled with foam rubber for the darn thing to keep it protected during transport. The package was the size of a very small couch. They absorbed some of the shipping cost, but even then, my portion came out to over $200.

But I must say, I am most intrigued by your proposition. In fact, my custom STAR WARS vehicle-building friends in South America are hard at work finishing up a 5 1/2 foot long Jabba The Hutt Sailbarge for my collection in time for me to take delivery by the summer.

After it arrives, I might orgaize a trip to California with BOTH big Tatooine land vehicles, a bunch of figures, some Moisture Vaporators, Luke's Landspeeder, and maybe the vintage Kenner Imperial Troop Transport.

I would love to shoot some HD footage out in the Death Valley desert.

I'll keep you posted. Your SW Locations travel guide seems like it'll be a good read. Best of luck on getting the delays ironed out with your publisher.

Sounds awesome. I know exactly how to find the location where the Jabba's Sail Barge scene was filmed for ROTJ as well. It's technically in CA, but is actually as close to Mexico and Yuma, AZ as anything else. There are actually still remnants from the 1982 ROTJ set that you can dig up in the sand there if you know where to look. :monkey3

Death Valley is actually a lot easier to get to than most people realize. It's only about a 2 hour drive from Las Vegas.

In regards to getting things that big out there, I would recommend looking into Greyhound Bus' Freight Shipping service. A friend of mine shipped his Darth Vader costume from Atlanta to L.A. for Celebration IV. His crate is HUGE and weighs a good bit, and I think it only cost him about $60 to ship the entire thing out there. He shipped it the week before we flew out and when we arrived in L.A. it was there waiting for him to pick up at the Greyhound station. Just something to think about in case you ever do decide to take some of that stuff out West, because it would cost a fortune to check it with an airline or ship via UPS, etc.

Back