Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' THE ECC AVENGERS MOVIE HULK 1:3 STATUE

That is INSIDESHOWFREAKINBELIEVABLE!!!! Love it mate. Great idea with Cap and IM they go perfectly with it IMO. Feel free to post more pics! :wink1:

83462235.gif

340443224.gif

:lol :lol i've missed your posts Andre :) Thanks bro...yea, really stoked to have this epic Hulk in my collection...can't see myself buying anymore Hulks for a while now ;)

Nice! What scale is this? This is true hulk of size next to the reg SS pf! Congrats!

Thanks CBG :) This Hulk is 1/3 Scale bro...its a heck of alot bigger than my OG Hulks thats for sure! To give you an idea of scale, here is the ECC Hulk alongside the Sideshow movie Maquette ;)
105090d37722362d57e8a185aa212629.jpg

So cool!

Congrats bro!

Thanks bro! :hi5:

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' THE ECC AVENGERS MOVIE HULK 1:3 STAT

OMG!!!!!!! :horror Andy that Hulk is simply...INCREDIBLE!!! (no pun intended) hahahaha! Can only imagine how impressive it is in the flesh. Damn mate, you simply need to open a museum with all these epic statues! Congratz :clap

P.s love the touch with Antman :clap :clap

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' THE ECC AVENGERS MOVIE HULK 1:3 STAT

OMG!!!!!!! :horror Andy that Hulk is simply...INCREDIBLE!!! (no pun intended) hahahaha! Can only imagine how impressive it is in the flesh. Damn mate, you simply need to open a museum with all these epic statues! Congratz :clap

P.s love the touch with Antman :clap :clap

:lol thanks bro, really appreciate the kind words :) Hulk is def so much better in the flesh. I don't think pics really do it justice at all but really stoked to have him in the collection :)

Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' A GLANCE AT SOME OF MY XM STUDIO STATUES

With all the XM Hysteria coming from last weekends STGCC (and rightly so as there were some amazing pieces on show!) i thought i'd update my thread with a few XM statues that arrived recently and some that i purchased a while back...

So first up was a piece that i really liked the look of during its concept stage and have to say, the final product didnt fail to deliver either. Its the XM Studios 1/4 Scale Daredevil. It's a fantastic dynamic pose that really captures the essence of DD (which was something i thought was lacking from Sideshows recent Premium Format). As you'd expect from XM, the statue has been phenomenally painted and i love how you can bend the wire to his cane to suit your taste!

Only downside to the piece (and something that has been criticized many times about XM is there portraits). Not quite sure why this has become their achilles heal with many of their statues (notably Captain America, Wolverine, Phoenix, Magneto, Doc Strange, Thanos....the list goes on...and with each of these characters mentioned, you now have 2 or in some cases 3 newly designed custom portraits being made! So with that said, the Daredevil unmasked head would be the only weak point that i could find...nevertheless, its certainly one of the best Daredevil statues around that's for sure!

1bdb9e44ff4afc9c5ee9ce10799c44ff.jpg

6061749c6e89ef5bc17b36b114e1983f.jpg

The XM Studios Antman has to be one of the most fun pieces i've had the priviledge of displaying...there's just no limit as to how you can display it! Packed with a number of giant ants, various sized bases, 2 Antman statues and a giant flying Ant...you lose track of time as you try to decide how you want your display to look. For me, the smaller of the Antman statues is what really takes this piece to another level...maybe its the reason why so many collectors have sold off the larger Antman and just kept the smaller version lol

It's fair to say that the larger Antman is somewhat of a simple design with a simple paint application but its definately great to have him in the background to show you the difference is size after Antman transforms into his smaller self. Definately recommend this statue...one of the more affordable XM pieces on the market so it's definately worth trying to grab a deal somewhere!

721283e9c33485b5fdf81a3c3bcda8e1.jpg

f698198b0cf923fc27ebb7d4e54004e4.jpg

Next up is the XM Studios Thor...and this piece i was extremely excited about, especially after seeing the unpainted printed version. However, once it had been painted and all was complete, i'll be honest and say that i lost some of that excitement but was still happy to see him arrive and what a beast of a piece he is! :horror

To be fair, it's actually a pretty awesome piece with a number of switch out options which will leave you with the dilemma of which switch out hand to display as they all look great and make a huge impact on the overall display! Again, if i was to mention the weak points then i'd have to straight away mention that the base could've been so much better. After being spoilt with a vast number of incredibly detailed and dioramic bases by XM, i felt the Thor base lacked any presence (same with the Thanos base to be fair as i found that one quite underwhelming also). All in all, its a very well executed Thor collectible but certainly for me it doesn't come anywhere near the OG Thor Premium Format which reigns supreme as one of the best sculpted statues i've seen to date. A true work of art indeed!

934e95868c23b6567cb1ca9635e3a075.jpg

c4228db66d84d36f2c4233d54b42c50e.jpg

One of XM's more under rated pieces would have to be their Black Bolt Statue...whether this is due to the character appreciation perhaps i'm not sure but no one can take away just how amazing the design concept is and how well the piece was executed! With 2 options of displaying Black Bolt at 2 different heights, packed with various switch out arms and heads...it really does deserve more accolades in the statue community and will go down as one of the best pieces made by XM Studios so far.

adbf80b749fa58b46c9da40b9402156a.jpg

a4fd7f8a000b745cabc2124376e3ccea.jpg

So next up is a piece that only arrived a few weeks ago and i was stunned/shocked/flabbergasted to hear just how heavy the XM Studios Sandman was going to be!! :thud: and that mean't a huge shipping bill!!!! It certainly sucks when you pre order a statue, only to find out that your gonna pay almost half the cost of the statue on shipping lol but whatcha gonna do...you just gotta pay it! lol (all i can say is bring on Ghost Rider, Punisher, SubMariner and the Hulkbuster - all pieces which are supposedly heavier than Sandman...and yes, i've got them all on Pre Order too) :gah:

But its not all gloomy...no way! Unboxing the Sandman was such a buzz...i mean each individual piece was incredibly heavy, painted immaculately and covered in so much detail! I mean the sand literally looked and felt like sand! The portraits this time were actually pretty awesome and the switch out parts just totally make the piece come to life! I mean, i was walking around this statue thinking to myself...'this is frikkin' amazing!'

Are there any downsides to this piece? You know, i'm really struggling to find anything bad to say about it...its that good! Would maybe have loved some more switch out sand-shaped weapons like a huge hammer or just something else other than the hand or the giant spiky boulder but that would be really harsh on the piece. Its the only 1/4 scale Sandman statue ever made (as far as i know) and it's certainly gonna take some beating if a new one is ever made. Definately a keeper for me and now i just have to find the correct Spidey statue to display alongside it ;)

5586a3e84605cc873adbee10c5b68fc1.jpg

d3c39334d7fcf4ea553cb7a81e054642.jpg

8bb7099478c2080841b3b40969a16f7e.jpg

1aec3bb45c9081b40b010cf9d1c73a3b.jpg

68b2a6626e26d33e5adf791d7b8ff884.jpg

Last but not least is my first ever XM purchase and probably the best one so far to be made by XM Studios. As an early sceptic of the company, i didnt really take XM that seriously at first and so foolishly i never pre ordered Magneto when he first got released...needless to say i most certainly paid for that mistake a year or so after as the secondary market value of this piece just simply skyrocketed!

I still managed to get a great deal on mine though as i managed to get the Erick Sosa unmasked custom portrait inclusive in the price (and for me that portrait is one of the best i've ever owned for any statue period!) so much so that the original portraits by XM are never used at all. So once i got unbox the piece it immediately struck home at just how awesome this statue was and that all those that thought it was just hype that was carrying the piece couldnt be further from the truth. It really is a phenomenal statue, for me its better than the OG Doom on throne PF which to some is considered one of the best statues made by Sideshow.

Again, its another of those pieces which i find hard to score down...for me it would have to be the portraits i guess but maybe having the custom Erick Sosa portrait has slightly influenced my decision perhaps, maybe if i didn't have it i might have appreciated the original portraits more maybe? other than that this Magneto statue is pretty much in a league of its own. A must have for any X-Men or Magneto fan....and for the record, i'm neither of those and still love it! :lol :lol

7ff67344cbe8114779bbb1e0d7ccc572.jpg

Still have to take some new pics of my XM Thanos...lots of new custom goodies coming for him very soon...here's a small taster of whats to come!

*Custom Light Up Gauntlet

e15ef5cc85d32cb0fcf3752a7de705b6.jpg

*Custom Portrait

5f05cbde27f513ff368c4f324e8df4e5.jpg

As for future pieces...well it's all got a bit crazy and i've well and truly caught the XM bug...here's my PO List :horror

*Doctor Octopus
*Classic Iron Man
*Namor Submariner
*Electro
*Black Panther
*Cable
*Ghost Rider
*Lizard
*Punisher
*Hulkbuster
*Red Skull
*Venom
*Boba Fett
*Optimus Prime

Last edited:
Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' A GLANCE AT SOME OF MY XM STUDIO STAT

They look awesome buddy XM are really smashing it right now. Sandman looks great but I love the Antman piece. Really nice mate :)

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' A GLANCE AT SOME OF MY XM STUDIO STAT

Well done, Andy! This collection keeps growing in such incredible ways. it's always great to pop back into your thread and see how much I've missed and I'm never disappointed. Fantastic pieces! Well done, sir!

As for future pieces...well it's all got a bit crazy and i've well and truly caught the XM bug...here's my PO List :horror

*Doctor Octopus
*Classic Iron Man
*Namor Submariner
*Electro
*Black Panther
*Cable
*Ghost Rider
*Lizard
*Punisher
*Hulkbuster
*Red Skull
*Venom
*Boba Fett
*Optimus Prime
Can I book my tickets for your museum now???? :thud:

Hi Andy. Great XM stuff you have there. You should get M VII which is fantastic.

Wow I like the reviews! Didn't get to them all yet will do so soon. Keep posting them bro! Amazing!

Dayummmm dude...that's a huge update with so much more to come. At least you know the day you stop collecting you can sell it off and retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look awesome buddy XM are really smashing it right now. Sandman looks great but I love the Antman piece. Really nice mate :)

Thanks Matt :hi5: Yea, especially after seeing all their awesome pieces at this months STGCC....XM are really spoiling their Marvel fans for sure! Really difficult to show you how awesome the Sandman is inhand...i think a lot of these statues really need to be seen to appreciate just what great quality they are cos its really difficult to pick everything up in the pictures

Well done, Andy! This collection keeps growing in such incredible ways. it's always great to pop back into your thread and see how much I've missed and I'm never disappointed. Fantastic pieces! Well done, sir!

Great to hear from you Jeremy :) and thanks as always for the kind words brother!

Can I book my tickets for your museum now???? :thud:

:lol :lol of course my friend...but the way things are going, the wait time could reach until the year 2020...if ever get something sorted :( blame me and my addiction to constantly buying new statues! :(

Hi Andy. Great XM stuff you have there. You should get M VII which is fantastic.

Thanks Yoga :) You know i had that MKVII on PO bro but decided to cancel it cos of a few things i didnt like about it (poses, base, no light up, etc...) :horror however, i think the more i see it, i'm definately warming to it more but still will hold out until i see Iron Studios upcoming 1:4 Scale MK45 from the Captain America: Civil War movie....really love that armour! ;)

Crazy list of PO Andy :horror

Wow I like the reviews! Didn't get to them all yet will do so soon. Keep posting them bro! Amazing!

Thanks for the kind words and support CBG :hi5:

Dayummmm dude...that's a huge update with so much more to come. At least you know the day you stop collecting you can sell it off and retire.

:lol thanks Alex...i've already signed off all my collection to my little boy. He loves all the statues and Marvel characters so he'll be inheriting it all...at least thats the plan anyway ;)

Congrats on getting those XM statue!:clap:clap:clap

Thanks buddy! :)

Crazy list of PO Andy :horror

I know Pau :lol :lol Crazy list for a Crazy collector!

P.S. Can you lend me SGD$250!! :lol :lol

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' IRON STUDIOS 1/4 SCALE SPIDERMAN STA

So this weeks update is to give my impressions of the Iron Studios 1/4 Scale Spiderman which has recieved some heavy criticism of late from the majority of collectors that have already recieved it. Hence I was very apprehensive as to what to expect....especially after feeling so excited abt it since day 1 of PO'ing!

Okay, so let's start off with the facts...the design concept from Iron Studios is right up there with something that say XM Studios would possibly attempt...it really is an incredibly cool design, so original and nothing like we've seen before with any other Spidey statue so far - and it was this reason as to why it appealed me so much! However, whilst the design concept is fantastic, Iron Studios, in my opinion, have failed to deliver a product that reflects the mahoosive price tag. It's certainly not worth the retail price, especially when you consider how lightweight each part of the base is and not to mention how flimsy the actual frame of the base is when it's all assembled together [emoji30]
Luckily for me, my Spidey statue was checked prior to being shipped so everything looked great on arrival...but for those who had theirs shipped elsewhere, it was more like a game of Russian Roulette as to whether you'd get a decent one, half decent one or something that was literally undisplayable! And it's for this reason where Iron Studios have really let everyone down, including themselves. The QC for this particular statue has to be one of the worse cases in recent times and there is just no excuse for it.

With that all said, another important fact abt this piece is that despite all the crazy QC issues, the statue as a whole looks FRIKKIN' AMAZING!! (If you were lucky to get one of the good ones!) You just can't deny that visually it's an awesome sight for the collector and is definately one of those pieces that looks as though it's jumped straight out of the comic book!

So am I happy with the overall piece? Yes and No I guess...in an ideal world this statue should be worth no more than say $500 due to the cheap materials used and how flimsy each piece felt she putting it together (not forgetting various pegs not lining up with their corresponding holes, etc...) but I'll happily suck up what I paid for it and keep my statue where it is cos when on display it's like having a Spidey statue like no other in terms of the visual satisfaction.

I certainly applaud Iron Studios direction in which they were going with this piece...sadly due to being riddled with crazy QC issues and a poorly made product, these will be the reasons that will prevent this statue from ever competing with the likes of Sideshows Comiquette which in my opinion probably remains the best Spidey statue made to date!

So here are some pics to show how cool the final display looks like when all assembled...so cool infact that even Iron Studios themselves used my pics for their Instagram account :lol :lol

88888dbab4adf8804791e34e0e6a9339.png
e79e9d836406e381e24795a1a41be4bb.png

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' IRON STUDIOS 1/4 SCALE SPIDERMAN STAT

Sucks about the QC issues. If you hadn't mentioned that I'd say that's the best spidey statue I've ever seen!

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' IRON STUDIOS 1/4 SCALE SPIDERMAN STAT

Wow!!! :love that Spidey looks SIIIIIIIIICCCKKKK!!!!!! Congratz Andy

Back