RIP composer James Horner?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Film music will never be the same without him. We've lost so many legendary composers. John Williams is the last of them.

*sigh*.............Well then, RIP James Horner. And thank you. I will always listen to your scores. Star Trek II is the best of that series in no small part due to his music, arguably topping even Jerry Goldsmith, although I don't think I could choose between their respective themes. Titanic's score is both beautiful and exhilarating and I don't think people should let the Celine Dion thing turn them off it. So many others too, Willow, Braveheart, Apollo 13 and Aliens.

Beyond words! Just ridiculously sad and tragic. I just got my Hollywood Collectibles ALIENS Armored Personal Carrier replica delivered today and while I was unboxing it and setting it up I was listening to his awesome soundtrack to ALIENS, especially "Combat Drop." Un-****ing-believable!

This is truly sad. I always have his scores to Aliens, Commando, Patriot Games and Wrath of Khan on my ipod. The whole fight in Operations in Aliens as well as Ripley going down in the elevator after Newt are the only two pieces of score that still make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Rest in peace sir.

"The Wrath of Khan", "Commando", "ALIENS", "An American Tail", "The Land Before Time" and "Braveheart" - these films are timeless for me not only because of great directors, actors, designers, animators and FX teams, but thanks to his music.

"The Wrath of Khan", "Commando", "ALIENS", "An American Tail", "The Land Before Time" and "Braveheart" - these films are timeless for me not only because of great directors, actors, designers, animators and FX teams, but thanks to his music.

I'll never forget.

Damn sad news. His 80's stuff was in my opinion his best, particularly the Star Trek scores. He was up there with Jerry Goldsmith, Basil Poledouris and John Williams as one of the top composers of our time. Only Williams remains now :(

Damn sad news. His 80's stuff was in my opinion his best, particularly the Star Trek scores. He was up there with Jerry Goldsmith, Basil Poledouris and John Williams as one of the top composers of our time. Only Williams remains now :(

I'd add Silvestri to that list and thankfully he's still around.

I can't believe he's gone too. This mans music was my eighties soundtrack! Commando is my favorite action score and I enjoy Willow more than The music from all 6 LOTR movies.

Things will never be the same. RIP and thank you for everything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They still haven't ID'd him yet , what's taking so long time when they've his DNA ?

Back