Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

looks like it's thurs again boys & girls, chance of ss announcing the rwos pf in today's new preview?

There's certainly a chance. If not today, then maybe in the next few weeks. I know we have to take what they say with a grain of salt, but SS has seemed more definitive lately in their comments about this one. (Though it's entirely possible I'm reading too much into a few frustratingly cryptic sentences because it's what I want to hear!)

But, you'd think they'd want to put it up as soon as possible so they could put a few months between this and the other LOTR big ticket item, the Sauron LSF. (I'm assuming they'll unveil Sauron at ComiCon along with the crop of other new LSFs, like maybe Indy?)

But then, trying to guess what SS is going to do is kind of a fool's errand. After all, what do I know? I've been expecting this to be announced with every newsletter for the past year! :lol

Though personally, I wouldn't complain too loudly if they just gave us a Saruman PF instead! :pray:

Man, I forgot just how much awesome was packed into that little production sneek. Looking at all the great detail on the horse's head and the 'Wraith's boot alone makes me think that once I've got this bad boy - there will never be another piece that I could ever need or want that will top it. :rock

after looking at the peek again, I don't think this will be any taller then ML pf including the tip of his helm. Considering the horse isn't as complex as maybe I thought it might be, should keep the price down, but we'll see.

after looking at the peek again, I don't think this will be any taller then ML pf including the tip of his helm. Considering the horse isn't as complex as maybe I thought it might be, should keep the price down, but we'll see.

That's kinda what I was thinking (and hoping) as well. I would love to be able to fit this in my curio. Of course my ML PF will have to relocate.

I would certainly prefer that Sauron be a PF (or more importantly, priced like a PF) ... but Sideshow pointedly name-checked him in their press release (fourth paragraph) for the LSF line. And to my knowledge, they've never backed off that position.

And yes, it's true, that they've never explicitly said he's definitely going to be an LSF ... but they've also never said he won't, either. So I'd say it's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

I certainly wish it was otherwise. :(

Since the LSF line seems to be more about statues being a certain size, rather than a particular scale, a 3+ foot (1/4 scale) Sauron would fit in that line very neatly.

But unfortunately, two grand is WAY over my budget. :mad:

:rotfl

An unexpected day off Kara,and yes, i was bored out of my brain :lol

:lol

Good to see you are filling your days well buddy!

Though I have to say the unexpected ones are the best ones in my experience :)

They are,but when everyone you know is at work my options are limited,so staring at the laptop seem's logical :),DIY is not an option :)

They are,but when everyone you know is at work my options are limited,so staring at the laptop seem's logical :),DIY is not an option :)

I have no idea how people passed the time on boring days before the Internet!!

i've heard people use to have these things called books which have words on paper :huh

I literally have no idea what you are talking about :(

Tolkien wrote LOTR on the iPad...right?!?! :lecture

Looks like we can expect the Ringwraith on a Steed PF between now and SDCC 2012 according to Sideshow: Ask Sideshow.

Question: Hey guys, I was hoping that several things could be confirmed if that is ok. When will we see Ring Wraith on Steed, Cave Troll, Juggernaut and Sauron Premium Format updates?

Sideshow's Answer: You’ll see the Dark Rider of Mordor Premium Format figure between now and SDCC 2012. Cave Troll and Juggy are having a contest to see which beefcake, big boy will appear next, and so far it’s a pretty even battle. As for Sauron – well, a dark lord will appear precisely when he is ready, [...]

I think that's the clearest statement they've ever made about this piece! Hallelujah! :panic:

So it's definitely a PF and it's definitely coming up for pre-order sometime within the next few months.

Nice to have some solid info at last! :lecture

My guess would be that it'll come up sooner than later. If it's going to be an expensive piece (and it will ... though just how expensive is still up for debate) they'll probably want to give a little distance before the other heavy-hitters are unveiled at ComiCon.

That's what I'd do if I was in charge, anyway. Though their decision-making is certainly fueled by tons of other factors, I'm sure.

In the meantime, I'm just psyched that this is really happening! :clap

Last edited:
Back