Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

The Endo is not even from SS from what I gather. It's from HCG.

a lot of them are not created by ss. wolf is from adi, im & neytiri are from legacy/winston.

ss only created obi, darth maul & wolverine, the sw statues are the easiest ones to do - basically head wrapped in some cloth, wolverine is more work as need to do the arms too. But all the others non-ss require significantly more investment & work.

a lot of them are not created by ss. wolf is from adi, im & neytiri are from legacy/winston.

ss only created obi, darth maul & wolverine, the sw statues are the easiest ones to do - basically head wrapped in some cloth, wolverine is more work as need to do the arms too. But all the others non-ss require significantly more investment & work.

I thought they were only collaborations with other groups and SS did the work ? The Endo says HCG though.

that's true, but SS is the only one that sells the Endo, so it doesn't really matter that HCG produces it. And all this talk about the RWOS 2 back legs being unstable, can't be hard to figure out if it can be done at 1:1 scale. The horse and Rider are going to be hollow, with prolly most of the Rider not even being polystone. There will prolly be 2 metal rods going through the 2 legs.

take a look at this video, this is exactly how ss should break up the rwos for shipping with a removable tail. EVERY single lotr rider statue ( i have them all) has cracked horse tails as they are all attached to the horse directly, some are many hairline cracks others more visible. rwos pf will be worse because of the size, i have reached conclusion it's impossible to ship those horses without detaching out the fragile tails.. The legs are relatively safe (i only had 1 rider with cracked legs) because it's thicker and can be protected, but not the horse tails. They need to be shipped separately and screw it back on, it doesnt really detract from the visual either.

[ame]https://youtu.be/iZb2mnPUGU8[/ame]

Last edited:

I had all the rider pieces and none of them ever arrived broken. :dunno

because you are special josh! lotr pieces magically heal themselves when you touch them! :)

Of course I'm special. :lol Nah, in all seriousness I think it was just bad luck for you. I don't recall the tail issue ever being much of a big deal with people who were getting them back in the day.

Same here, I have all of the SSW rider statues (GoS, RWoS, LGoA, AoB, GoW), and had no problems whatsoever with them...

But maybe that just means I'm special too!:wink1:

I have or have had them all, and had no problems either.

I think, Gaga, rather than everyone having broken rider statues and Josh being special, that most people had no problems and you're special ;)

I hope at least ROS or Sauron goes on sale this year. I could use some more LOTR in my collection. Jesus Christ man...PLEASE!!!! :mad:

We could all use some more LOTR in our collections, and it sounds like the RWOS is riding over the horizon for pre-order soon, which could have it ship before the end of 2012. That would make an excellent Christmas gift to myself!!!

I just want to know the dimensions so I can start building a shelf for this sucker!!

Ringwraigh was preordered the last days of october and it will be shipped the last days of july. After that, more than 5 months without news...I think that we are not going to have any new statue this year on our hands (I'm not talking about preorders)

The typical turn around for a PF can be between 6 months and 9 months, so if we do get a pre-order soon, it may still ship before the holidays. I think that people are correct in that the ringwraith/rider element of this statue will be very easy, and may expedite production. I am a glass half-full person though. Sideshow does tend to have multiple items ship all at once, likely due to shipping from overseas being on the same boat.

I am hoping that we will see this on or around Christmas, and we have another Preorder in the offing before then too!

I will be relieved when we get to order this, though, as it will help me figure out my budget/space for other things in my life!!

Nice, so your life resolves around your collecting habits, i like it!!

Isn't that true for all of us! :lol It's certainly true for me!

At this point, I'm really hoping this doesn't show up at Christmas time. I had a bunch of stuff hit last November/December and it kind of messed up my gift-giving budget. In a perfect universe it would start shipping around February so I could use my income tax refund!

:pray:

Nice, so your life resolves around your collecting habits, i like it!!

It actually doesn't but I have to have a hobby right?!?

My life has taken quite a weird turn over the last few weeks, and my finances may be drastically difficult for some time, and if I can budget for a bigger purchase or sell some older stuff on ebay, I'd like to know what I might need to do to afford this!

Additionally, I had been planning to work on a custom shelving unit for the Premium Format collection, leaving some assumed room for the rest of the Fellowship, but the Ringwraith on Steed would be great to have in the center on the bottom shelf.

If I can afford it, I might make a second set of shelves for Baddies, and have an oversized space for Sauron. I will try to make them as customizable as possible to be flexible, but I expect to make each shelf slightly bigger than the available space in a detolf, to accomodate bigger/pointer Premium Formats like the Berserker and the Moria Orc!

Back