Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol BB8 is way smaller than R2 .. no way this is going to be $350

Depends on what BB-8 is made out of, the 1:4 R2 was just hollow plastic, a complete rip-off from SS.... Hopefully BB-8 will be all polystone and not plastic....

When does this thing allegedly go on sale? Guess you won't see it out till 12/17-3/18 pfft

The SS R2 while overpriced it's nice in my opinion.

My guess is BB8 will be polystone. I didn't watch the Facebook show so maybe if it lights up the head will be PVC.

You just never know these days.

I was just think.. I wonder if any of these other places are going to be making a Rey & BB8?

With all the complaints on SS why are people wanting to PO this? Will this be another SS Vader people start selling when another place shows one off.

I love the competition but it's become scary with the NRDs potentially being wasted when another company blows this away. If I mean because it actually is fantastic.

I was just think.. I wonder if any of these other places are going to be making a Rey & BB8?

With all the complaints on SS why are people wanting to PO this? Will this be another SS Vader people start selling when another place shows one off.

I love the competition but it's become scary with the NRDs potentially being wasted when another company blows this away. If I mean because it actually is fantastic.

I think this will be a great piece. I always worry a bit about the production paint application, particularly on human likenesses but am hopeful. The price on this is likely going to be a bit saltier than I'd like, but I really think this will be a worthy compliment to the fantastic Kylo Ren PF. Thus far, Iron Studios Vader looks to be a great piece, but I don't think it's head and shoulders better than the Vader PF. To each their own regarding the PF pose, but I think it's cool.

Realistically, the only other 1/4 scale collectible we've seen to compete with Sideshow is the XM Studios Boba Fett, which many (myself included) found a tad to stylized. The Sideshow PF is superior, IMO. So, I think the concerns of other companies blowing away the Sideshow products is a little early. I hope there's some stiffer competition coming as it will make the overall market better, but I think we're a ways away from that being a real concern... My two cents.

I totally agree on the Boba Fett it's the best I've seen in my opinion and it looks great on muh shelf. That's why I ordered Jango. Looks to be nice and matches.

I also agree on the Vader but I'll know when it's here side by side.

I also agree the Fett from XM is too cartoony for me but I still think it's nice.

I've seen many of the newer SS faces in hand and they look to be vastly improved over older pieces.

With regards to Kylo I was putting him in a stand alone shelf with my personal touch custom surroundings. If by chance I get Rey I have a bag full of playground sand I'll dump on the shelf lol

Up for order next week
1125x682_previewbanner_Rey_BB82.jpg

she is a beauty ... now show us the price tag SSC and will talk about PO or sitting out until it comes out..

Looks pretty good, definitely an improvement over the previous version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like it. I hope it's not over 500. I do think the face is a bit off but close enough, especially if the price is right.

Gotta admit the likeness looks MUCH better and improved compared to the original proto.

not crazy for BB8 excl... it was funny in the movie.. but would not dispay it with it..

The Rebel Helmst on the other side is a nice touch !

Does anyone know if there will be a 2-pack of both figures or they are sold completely separately?

not crazy for BB8 excl... it was funny in the movie.. but would not dispay it with it..

The Rebel Helmst on the other side is a nice touch !

I agree. I think the sand base for BB8 makes the exclusive look out of place. The helmet is great though! Bring it on. :)

Kinda let down, the xwing helmet should be for CoH... that would make this piece much more interesting since the fact about no lightsaber.

Back