Reward points crazyness...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked my points balance, and it turned out that I had 140 points less than last week.

I then checked my order history after May 1, 2006, and it turned out that two pieces I ordered and received are listed as "cancelled". That's the $140 that was deducted from the point balance.

I won't bother Sideshow just now, as they're still performing the audit, and I don't plan on using my points just yet. But, yes, if these aren't restored after a while, I'll resort to the CS form.

The important thing is that it's very easy for any one of us to establish how many points we ought to have, and double-check Sideshow's calculations.

I asked for and received a detailed list from SS of all of the items that
I had that qualified for points. Everything worked out so the total I
have now is correct.

We thank everyone for their patience. Some of the weird rewards issues were caused by the requests to combine orders for shipment, incorrect ship status, as well as initially assigning point amounts that were not earned.

During the audit accounts experienced some fluctuations as the programmers were restring data, however all point information should now be accurate. If you have a negative rewards balance, then more then likely you used rewards for an order that you did not yet earn. Rather then taking them away from you, we allowed you to apply the points but your account will remain negative until you accure more points to satisfy the initial spending.

If you feel that an order was over looked for rewards, then we ask that you review your account before contacting us. Many issues submitted do not qualify or pass the points below and tend to delay us from handling rewards issues that need the attention.

Please review potential qualifying orders for the following:
1) That a canceled order you feel qualifies was not added to another for combined shipping.
2) That discounts of any sort were not used on that order.
3) The order was PLACED after 5/1/2006.
4) If the order was placed and shipped after 5/1/06, that the item was not returned for credit.

If the order in question passes these aspects, then we ask that you submit it to us for investigation via our customer service form. We ask that due to the length process of manual auditing that you give us 14 business days to correct any issues. In many cases, we will get to your issue quicker then the 14 days unless it is a doozy!

Best,
Chicky

Chicky said:
We thank everyone for their patience. Some of the weird rewards issues were caused by the requests to combine orders for shipment, incorrect ship status, as well as initially assigning point amounts that were not earned.

During the audit accounts experienced some fluctuations as the programmers were restring data, however all point information should now be accurate. If you have a negative rewards balance, then more then likely you used rewards for an order that you did not yet earn. Rather then taking them away from you, we allowed you to apply the points but your account will remain negative until you accure more points to satisfy the initial spending.

If you feel that an order was over looked for rewards, then we ask that you review your account before contacting us. Many issues submitted do not qualify or pass the points below and tend to delay us from handling rewards issues that need the attention.

Please review potential qualifying orders for the following:
1) That a canceled order you feel qualifies was not added to another for combined shipping.
2) That discounts of any sort were not used on that order.
3) The order was PLACED after 5/1/2006.
4) If the order was placed and shipped after 5/1/06, that the item was not returned for credit.

If the order in question passes these aspects, then we ask that you submit it to us for investigation via our customer service form. We ask that due to the length process of manual auditing that you give us 14 business days to correct any issues. In many cases, we will get to your issue quicker then the 14 days unless it is a doozy!

Best,
Chicky

I went through an extensive back and forth with Robin about my reward points. Shortly after everything was finally squared away, your audit put me at -43 points. I give up!!! Whatever!!! I'm done talking about it, it's giving me a headache!!! :horse

kodiak8658 said:
I went through an extensive back and forth with Robin about my reward points. Shortly after everything was finally squared away, your audit put me at -43 points. I give up!!! Whatever!!! I'm done talking about it, it's giving me a headache!!! :horse

kodiak i've come to realize from your short time with us that you are a very angry person.....aren't you?

Vader AL said:
kodiak i've come to realize from your short time with us that you are a very angry person.....aren't you?

I'm angry when the situation warrants anger. I'm happy when it warrants happiness. Would you be happy if you went through several e-mails about this subject with one of the SS owners, and all was settled just to have it changed a couple of weeks later...and not in your favor? If I pretended to be happy, I might as well be saying, "Serenity Now, Serenity Now." (Seinfeld)

Unfortunately I have ran the patience course one too many times and I'm done trying to accomodate people that basically don't know their ass from their elbow. Maybe the business world needs to read a history book about what it used to be like to get knowledgeable customer service and courtesy from the people we do business with. It's definitely gone forever.

Back