RETURN of Slade's LOVE PALACE--Toy SeXXXyness since 1979

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SLADE'S LOVE PALACE FOR ACTION FIGURES

That is hilarious... although for a second I though he was gonna crap out the blow and that's why you were passing :lol

The super agent has moved! Slade's operations have crossed the bay from St. Petersburg to Tampa. I've moved to a MUCH bigger HQ and the NEW AND IMPROVED Love Palace is currently under construction. The Detolfs are only an hour drive north (Not so unfortunately, Slade drives an Infiniti G35 Coupe, so he just needs to borrow a truck). I have some great teaser pics coming, but first I was gonna share a little taste of the deconstruction of the first palace.

R.I.P BLACK PARTICLE BOARD SHELF! The large black shelf didn't survive the move. It was my FIRST shelf for my action figure collection EVER, bought back when I was in 8th grade in 1992 from Service Merchandise in Bridgeville, PA. It made many, many moves--8 total since 1999--and has held thousands of different figures over the years. It will be sorely missed and is survived by an 800+ CD shelf from IKEA bought in 2002.
DSC06523.jpg

DSC06524.jpg

DSC06515.jpg

DSC06519.jpg

DSC06517.jpg

I had planned to mirror much of what I did in the new office, but that isn't gonna work out. The Simpsons set-up was very accessable and I'm really gonna try to keep that in the new room. I took some shots of it just to make the new set-up easier.
DSC06504.jpg

DSC06500.jpg

DSC06516.jpg

STAY TUNED FOR TEASER PICS OF THE NEW AND IMPROVED LOVE PALACE!

Moving really is a doubl edged sword... I hate the packing, but setting up is always a lot of fun.

Can't wait to see the new and improved digs :rock

Can't wait to see more dude! I got something for your new space but I haven't been able to send it out yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I think I see my old Visionaries in there - the Indian and the Knight.

Can't wait to see more dude! I got something for your new space but I haven't been able to send it out yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I think I see my old Visionaries in there - the Indian and the Knight.

The new curio is almost entirely 80s stuff and other odd cartoon properties. The Detolfs will all be 1/6 stuff--4 across the opposite wall. Gonna be pimpin'!!!

And, yeah, those are your Super Naturals. I actually planning on selling them soon, so if you miss 'em, they're yours.

Not the Super Naturals!?!

But if you do, is the face mask on your knight in tact, part of mine broke.

Also, great looking shelf man, real classy :rock

WOW..you got tons of old skool stuff...Man, I bet packing must have sucked...Well cant wait to see the new and improve HQ..

I was going to ask what the bear was doing out...but I suppose if you're moving...

WHY DOES IT HAVE A GUN???

And did your Terminator have an AK-47 in one pic???

All in all, that's a fantastic collection...

I was going to ask what the bear was doing out...but I suppose if you're moving...

WHY DOES IT HAVE A GUN???

And did your Terminator have an AK-47 in one pic???

All in all, that's a fantastic collection...

Willie White Bear is always strapped. That's how he rolls.

The NEW & IMPROVED LOVE PALACE!!!

The $200 Curio:
DSC06667.jpg

DSC06651.jpg

DSC06652.jpg

Yes, $200. I got it from a Kane's Outlet store in St. Petersburg, FL. It's beautiful. It pretty much replaced my black shelf that didn't make the move (RIP). What's really nice is that it matches the Detolfs sand-colored faux wood trim, so when the sit opposite each other, they will compliment nicely.
And I have some Transformers stuff en route, so I will probably be adjusting that shelf. Close-ups will come later.

The Jesus shelf:
DSC06654.jpg

DSC06655.jpg

DSC06653.jpg

Everyone's favorite shelf and still the World's Largest Jesus Christ Action Figure Collection that I know of...

The Animation Shelf:
DSC06658.jpg

DSC06659.jpg

DSC06657.jpg

Essentially every cartoon character I own, with the exception of my JLU collection. This was the hardest shelf to put together--everything wanted tumble forward and those Family Guy figures are big, hollow, weightless pieces of junk.

Last edited:

The 1980's Warriors Shelf:
DSC06661.jpg

DSC06662.jpg

DSC06660.jpg

Thundercats, He-Man, Sectaurs, Capt. Power, Silverhawks, and Bravestar. Oh, and a AD&D Warduke for good measure.

The Non-Transformer Japanese shelf:
DSC06664.jpg

DSC06663.jpg

A really spindly collection of characters, which allows you to view the bottom shelf really well. I had these on the same shelf with my Marvel Legend, but thy just didn't feel right there. They are a little more spread out here.

The 80s Mixed Media/Ninja/Fab 4 Shelf:
DSC06665.jpg

DSC06666.jpg

Before I moved the Japanese stuff from the Legends shelf, this was pretty much what was left over. Lots of 80's stuff in here: Remco/Lanard/Hasbro ninjas, Super Naturals, Rambo, Rocky, Commando, Gremlins, etc. The Beatles might be moved due to the fact that they don't real well, but they look ok for now.

I have a ton more stuff to show--stay tuned!

This is the waiting room for the four DETOLFS I desperately need--just waiting on a truck to Orlando!
DSC06636.jpg

And the top shelf of my bedroom closet is perfect for 1/6 boxes:
DSC06639.jpg

DSC06638.jpg

Last edited:

Great looking stuff Nate, your curio shelf is enough to induce seizures:lol

But, even though its not really part of the display this waiting room shot is hilrious :rock

DSC06636.jpg

Silverhawks, a rainbow in the niiiight...

Seeing all that 80's stuff together brings back a lot of memories.

Back