Retron 3 (NES / SNES / Genesis clone)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabukiman

Greatest Person Ever
Reaction score
Is anybody here familiar with the Retron 3?
[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Retron-Genesis-Triple-System-Nintendo-Entertainment/dp/B003O3EFY2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314934164&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Retron 3 NES/SNES/Genesis Triple System - Vector Red: Video Games[/ame]

I'm contemplating picking one up. Reviews around game sites seem to be great, but the Amazon reviews are awful. I've never owned a clone system, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Personally I'd just buy the original consoles. I have had bad experiences with hardware made by someone other than the original company itself.

Personally I'd just buy the original consoles. I have had bad experiences with hardware made by someone other than the original company itself.

:lecture there's a couple out there that are really good, but most of them have problems playing some games. I'll try to dig up an article I read that reviewed a lot of the popular ones and listed the pros and cons.

**Boom!! Here it is. It covers the NES console clones, but some of them play SNES and/or Genesis games too.
https://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo/nes/2007/08/best-nes-clones-generation-nex-yobo-fctwin.html

Do yourself a favor and get the original systems from eBay. Nothing is better than playing these games on their original systems with the original controller in your hand. :rock

I agree with Waller. While I just play the emulators on my computer, nothing beats unpacking the actual console and hooking it up to the TV.

Thanks for the link and opinions! I'm considering the Retron 3 because it can use the original controllers and I would only need one system connected to the TV, as opposed to 3. Plus it was made this century. As the link points out, the original consoles aren't going to last forever. :monkey2

Thanks for the link and opinions! I'm considering the Retron 3 because it can use the original controllers and I would only need one system connected to the TV, as opposed to 3. Plus it was made this century. As the link points out, the original consoles aren't going to last forever. :monkey2

You can get an AV toggle switch that will allow you to connect multiple consoles to the same TV. But I see what you are saying.

Back