Restroom confusion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karamazov80

Ham and Egger
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been at a conference in DC all week, and saw this, replacing all of the major men's rest rooms at this hotel. At first I didn't think too much of it, figuring it was just a token acceptance of transgender populations. Until I noticed women filing into the bathroom like it was nothing. While men were using the urinals. Is this just a Yankee thing, or is this something that's been going on for a while that I just haven't noticed? I'm really curious because I don't recall ever seeing this before at any of the conferences I've been to over the last several years. Or anywhere else I've been for that matter.
38ba3d8c03df1a862193732c6dd8ffcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Never seen that before. I guess those women don't consider themselves male or female then?

I work at a hotel and we had to add gender neutral bathrooms for some events so we took one and made it that but kept separate Men's / Woman's as well. Maybe they didn't have an extra bathroom and did what they could? I've never seen gender neutral as an only option unless it was just a one at a time one. Very weird. And the fact that you can't question them about it means its basically a free for all no mater what you call yourself.

They had some men's rooms, they were the ones off the beaten path. The two primary restrooms you could access from the lobby and Conference registration area were the gender-neutral ones.

Some of those women are going to be in for an unpleasant surprise when they realize what happens when men attempt to use public restroom Stalls however.

Last edited:
Im in S. Cali as liberal as can be and I've never seen any restroom tagged like that. I just assume transgendered guys have been using womens restrooms for years, around here you cant tell they're men.

Wait... so men were peeing on urinals while women going on stalls at the same time???

Well, it was weird for me, but it didn't stop me. I was surprised that so many women didn't seem to give it a second thought.

we've got unisex restrooms at my workplace, but it's all stalls, with the urinals housed in a larger stall. Works fine. Open urinals though... sounds like a recipe for disaster.

we've got unisex restrooms at my workplace, but it's all stalls, with the urinals housed in a larger stall. Works fine. Open urinals though... sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I was thinking there were a lot of them in Europe too.

Anyway, I've used men restrooms before, at concerts. No big deal.

Back