Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was alright, about on par with the last two RE movies. It was nice to see characters from the game, even if they were canon fodder.

Milla, Paul and Boris are recording commentary tracks for Retribution AND Afterlife today. Milla tweeted about it and posted this https://t.co/fPtEEkPy

So if seems like Afterlife may be getting released on dvd/bluray again. So now we potentially have two extended cuts of that last two movies to look forward to.

Thats one thing sorely missing from the afterlife set. I bought all the blu rays because i love audio commentary. So i was majorly dissapointed. If they release a duel set ill get it.

Milla, Paul and Boris are recording commentary tracks for Retribution AND Afterlife today. Milla tweeted about it and posted this https://t.co/fPtEEkPy

So if seems like Afterlife may be getting released on dvd/bluray again. So now we potentially have two extended cuts of that last two movies to look forward to.

Awesome news!!! :yess:

I hope it's going to be an alternate cut re-release for Afterlife. If it's just a re-release with commentary, I won't buy it again.

The cast commentary for the first movie is so fun :lol

I've got that movie on DVD I'll have to check out the cast commentary, lol.
This has been mentioned I am sure but what would be great would be a Resident Evil movie based on the first one and instead of an action movie...make it more like a Thriller/Drama. The last Resident Evil did nothing for me (the 3D effects were cool I guess) but these movies are for kids.

I've got that movie on DVD I'll have to check out the cast commentary, lol.
This has been mentioned I am sure but what would be great would be a Resident Evil movie based on the first one and instead of an action movie...make it more like a Thriller/Drama. The last Resident Evil did nothing for me (the 3D effects were cool I guess) but these movies are for kids.

The first film i thought was pretty awsome.

it had atmosphere, suspense,horror. There was isolation, bleakness and little hope. Ordinary people, ordinary soldiers in an extraordinary situation.

It was great. I didnt mind that it wasnt like the games because it claimed to be nothing like the games, it didnt say 'this is arklay, this is chris, this is jill, this is barry, this is rebecca' and so on.

Apocalypse ruined it. It went from a suspenseful horror/thriller to an action adventure which was just pure lame. They started throwing in videogame characters in, ruining it and destroying the characters whilst making Alice into a demi god, then went all sci-fi clone shiz and stuff.

So frustrating. I still enjoy watching the original RE film. It was great, Marilyn Mansons score (seizure of power, main theme,cleansing and reunion; all awsome)

it had atmosphere, suspense,horror. There was isolation, bleakness and little hope. Ordinary people, ordinary soldiers in an extraordinary situation.

It was great. I didnt mind that it wasnt like the games because it claimed to be nothing like the games, it didnt say 'this is arklay, this is chris, this is jill, this is barry, this is rebecca' and so on.

Apocalypse ruined it. It went from a suspenseful horror/thriller to an action adventure which was just pure lame. They started throwing in videogame characters in, ruining it and destroying the characters whilst making Alice into a demi god, then went all sci-fi clone shiz and stuff.

So frustrating. I still enjoy watching the original RE film. It was great, Marilyn Mansons score (seizure of power, main theme,cleansing and reunion; all awsome)

You have described my exact thoughts of how I view the movie franchise :1-1::exactly::goodpost:

After everything Fermando wrote, you could change first movie to first games, and then you would pretty much have the exact same thing with the game franchise. Going by RE5+6 theres more action in the games and the characters are less like they were in the originals than the live action movies depict them!

After everything Fermando wrote, you could change first movie to first games, and then you would pretty much have the exact same thing with the game franchise. Going by RE5+6 theres more action in the games and the characters are less like they were in the originals than the live action movies depict them!

And thats me feeling of the games LMAO.

RE4 is a decent action adventure. But there was no horror, no suspense, nothing in the direction of atmosphere in which REmake and Zero made.

2002 was the end of RE with REmake and Zero. Outbreaks were decent for the uber fans like me, but from then, RE was gone.

:goodpost: yup love the first movie. it was like a new take on resident evil and seemed back then to expand the world but then everything changed when the firenation attacked. only the avatar master of all four...... er im sorry i was watching avater. my bad.

yeah, I enjoyed the first film. Felt likea really good old fashioned zombie film with a modern twist thanks to Red Queen.

But then it just went Z-movie crappy and has gotten worse each film.

:lol @ the ****ing pathetic trolls who just won't give up, despite months and months and months of non-stop trolling have failed to change anybody's mind about the films and now are only looking like complete jackasses to everybody at this point.

I liked RE4. RE5 was way, way too much action though. I'm glad RE6 is at least trying to please both sides of the fans; those that wanted more of an old school feel and those that just wanted more RE5.

As for the movies, I liked the inclusion of video game characters and I like Apocalypse as much as the first film. However, Extinction and Afterlife were so-so for me, but still enjoyable to watch as an RE fan.

so While Hollywood gets the Silent Hill houses to scare people,
Japan Universal gets this.....

resident-evil-1.jpg

resident-evil-4.jpg

resident-evil-5.jpg

I am so jealous...

Back