Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank Jaeger RE3 Headsculpt painted by Mark Simpson.

Attachments

• IMG_20231213_192308.jpg
    IMG_20231213_192308.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Ada finally showed up, and I have to admit, I don't think I've ever been so underwhelmed by a $400 figure.
The whole time I was unboxing her I was thinking to myself, is this it?? lol
Damtoys couldn't even be bothered to paint her choker, they just left it all black. Guess they got too pissed at us for bickering about their other RE releases. 😅

20231214_005401.jpg

20231214_005446.jpg

Claire is using an S47B, which seems to be the same body DT is using for Ada.
Also, don't mind Leon's weird hair, he's sort of a work in progress.

Yall annoyed Dam too much that we won’t get other characters/line and got lazy with the lazy accessories. Lol jk, they overcharged us by using a full seamless body for Ada. I wonder why Capcom didn’t bother giving Ada her classic outfit to swap out.

Man I think I need to cancel this figure, even with a body swap I think that heads gonna be too damn big. Far better coming out for that kind of money. Ill just get an RE4R Ada.

Wow, you got her fast! lol
How's she look? Another SW masterpiece? lol I had to cancel mine due to funds, but I'm planning on picking her up when I get the chance.
She did! Usually takes about 3 weeks but she got here less than 2!

55252B66-60C9-402B-AC6C-71A827BBCC03.jpeg

Even tho I didn’t care for the character will say it’s one of swtoys better releases. Better than their last ones… Ethan and rose etc.

Attachments

• IMG_4058.jpeg
    IMG_4058.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
She did! Usually takes about 3 weeks but she got here less than 2!

View attachment 679752

Even tho I didn’t care for the character will say it’s one of swtoys better releases. Better than their last ones… Ethan and rose etc.
Nice, she actually looks like the promo pics.
I feel like SW usually does better with less realistic sculpts, so the Revelations series would be perfect for them. Hopefully they do both versions of Revelations Jill next.

*edit I just remembered Revelations 2 was Claire, not Jill. Had her RE5 and Rev1 costumes mixed up. 😅

Yeah, I agree. Reason why I’m skipping their RE4 figures since they suck at doing realistic sculpts. Plus, having more options is nice. For awhile it seemed like swtoys was the only one making 1/6 re figures. I wonder if they’ll just make Rachel for Rev. 😅

Those that have the 0 and re1 remake figures do check the badge wallet and holster that came with them apart from the usual pleather issue the prints on the badge and uniform logos seems to turn sticky and scratch off easily with slightest touch.

The soft holster pleather on the Stars Jill completely came off. Lucky the belts and pouches still intact so i brushed some angelus finisher on to seal them. logos too.

I received my Frank Jaeger RE3 Jill today and it really is an amazing job that was done. It really is a once in a lifetime opportunity as someone who preferred the classic Jill Voth design and I most definitely think it’s worth all the money and then some. Great job all around.

IMG_0869.jpeg

IMG_0879.jpeg

IMG_0882.jpeg

IMG_0883.jpeg

And a comparison between the heads I’ve gotten through the Superduck outfits:

From left to right: The Superduck RE3R vanilla outfit head - the Superduck RE Classic outfit head - the Superduck repainted RE3R head - the Frank Jaeger RE3 Jill head

IMG_0891.jpeg

working on the leather stuffs in the line up sheeva has most leather parts and while the belts are ok the arm and boot straps need touch up.

anyone know how midnight wesker's outfit go bad, as in jacket/pants/shirt and which areas. because of the unique pattern dont think i can fix those once they go bad.

working on the leather stuffs in the line up sheeva has most leather parts and while the belts are ok the arm and boot straps need touch up.

anyone know how midnight wesker's outfit go bad, as in jacket/pants/shirt and which areas. because of the unique pattern dont think i can fix those once they go bad.
I've seen numerous pairs of pants and shirts - some still on figures - on eBay where the material is fraying in all kinds of spots. There doesn't seem to be particular weak point for midnight Wesker's garbs in my experience.

Fixing it would take hours of careful work with glue and fine tweezers... maybe a few coats of a varnish or sealant will preserve it for longer?

Really does annoy me how these manufacturers don't think about how long these figures will last; I'm even hearing of HT's various Terminators having their leather jackets begin to fail.

Back