Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, there's no question this came out of VTS' stable, as it has DAM's fingerprints all over it.

The helmet issue is because they went to their back catalogue of moulds and pulled out the PASGT they've used in the past for VTS/DAM military figures, rather than creating a new over-sized one based on the game appearance.

When it came to production I don't know why they didn't go with a smaller sculpt to compensate, as they did in their promotion photos. But it may have something to do with distancing the figure a little from the license, since this is really dangerous ground for them since they already hold a RE license. Personally, because I didn't want a HUNK figure per se, I'm glad that the head, helmet and mask ended up with more real world proportions.

The holster colour and material is another curious one, or maybe not. VTS switched the holsters from left to right on both versions of their Punisher War Zone 'Revenger'. To do it once may be oversight, but to repeat it on the updated 'Ultimate' version is intentional. It's like their lame way of saying they didn't really duplicate a licensed design without authorisation.

As for quality issues on the EKUAZ, I didn't find any on mine. Compared to early DAM this is a huge leap forward, since everything is so tight and secure. You can actually pick him up and nothing will fall off. lol

The only adjustments I made was thickening up those long ankle pegs with electrical tape so they filled out the boots, and removing the foam from his ammo pouches and replacing them with the assault rifle and pistol magazines that ought to have been in them. I also removed his green T-shirt, because it seemed a waste to leave it on when it might prove useful for another figure.

There's no provision for spare MP5 magazines, so either the game designers never considered he'd need to reload it, or he'd picked that gun up after losing his assault rifle? Don't know whether there's a back story there, as all I know about HUNK are the bios I've read and watched online.

I like all the real world equipment attachments on the figure - the ALICE clips and the unique spring clip for the knife. It's the sort of accuracy and detail you're never likely to see again once he's assembled, but they went to the trouble nevertheless.

It would've sped up the process of assembly if I'd simply taken the buckle off the belt and passed it through the clips, but buckles can be such a pain sometimes I elected to undo the clips instead. As it turned out I had to take the buckle off at the end, and it was easy to rethread.

Unlike the gas mask straps. :gah:

The two lower ones were a pain to prevent them slipping out of their buckles when putting the head inside. I couldn't rethread them once the head was in, so I had to try a number of times until finally the mask was on, and the straps were intact.

is the head available anywhere?

fdfaf84ca44580e4a0bf70300e3949b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m sure she?ll be next or their second Rebecca. Lara has been taking forever though. Jill was announced last December?

how did you get the helmet to sit lower on the mask for the center guy

All of them are using a bald Jake Gyllenhaal End of Watch head. The stock head is too big. Its a must to swap it if you want it to fit correctly
251b2de2b54336cbc37ada47c378d4c8.jpg

Anyone have this for sale at all?
BOMTOYS 1:6 Action Figure Officer Zombie BT-003

looking for the full figure or the boots as I need a few . thank you

All of them are using a bald Jake Gyllenhaal End of Watch head. The stock head is too big. Its a must to swap it if you want it to fit correctly
I'll give it a check thanks, any other heads that might be good? I was thinking of using a blank head or something without features underneath so the eyes don't show.

I'll give it a check thanks, any other heads that might be good? I was thinking of using a blank head or something without features underneath so the eyes don't show.

Not sure, a bald head would be the best thing for it though

Back