Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really want to purchase this but since the body isn’t apparently that great, I’m holding off. Too lazy to body swap. Might cave anyway, just wish a company would make a decent Ada

We shouldn't look for another body for Leon though, real shame they cheaped out on this. I'd rather pay more for a decent long lasting body. Real let down here and only found out after I bought a pair. At least everything else, for me, looks great! Of course, I do hope they decide to tweak the likeness and the face structure. Here's hoping

I also wish they went all out on this release, no base, accessories etc... Arthur morgan is 15$ more with a tremendous amount of goodies and again, the best figure I own...

Really want to purchase this but since the body isn’t apparently that great, I’m holding off. Too lazy to body swap. Might cave anyway, just wish a company would make a decent Ada
Well, I did some research and some folks have the same jiou body for 5 years since they first bought it, no issues and no tears but maybe they just recently cheaped out on the material of the body and it was way better before you never know.

I've only ever had one Jiou body, and it was definitely on the cheaper side.
Either way I'll probably end up skipping MT's Leon. He would cost me about $300 shipped, not sure if it's worth it.
Wish they'd offer a kit version as well for those of us that like to customize our own figures.
Does OSK not offer free shipping worldwide?

We shouldn't look for another body for Leon though, real shame they cheaped out on this. I'd rather pay more for a decent long lasting body. Real let down here and only found out after I bought a pair. At least everything else, for me, looks great! Of course, I do hope they decide to tweak the likeness and the face structure. Here's hoping

I also wish they went all out on this release, no base, accessories etc... Arthur morgan is 15$ more with a tremendous amount of goodies and again, the best figure I own...
Honestly that was my first thought when I saw the price today. 215$ for what? ( I didn't know they used as cheap body by then) When Arthur cost basically same? Superior figure with gazillion accessories and multiple outfits. Rolling eyes increased price? No thanks, I'd prefer painted eyes and good body/accessories. After we discussed body there I feel kinda cheated, hype wave is gone by today and while I ordered multiples as well I feel wasted. I hope MT does something and won't waste this release just like that, we can all agree that this figure has a huge potential. Maybe I'm too dramatic but well... Even that HH Leon who looks way worse, doesn't use a stock body, at least HH tried. Usually I love everything MT releases and their Witcher figures are my treasures, but they definitely cut corners on Leon.:bat2:

Last edited:
Honestly that was my first thought when I saw the price today. 215$ for what? ( I didn't know they used as cheap body by then) When Arthur cost basically same? Superior figure with gazillion accessories and multiple outfits. Rolling eyes increased price? No thanks, I'd prefer painted eyes and good body/accessories. After we discussed body there I feel kinda cheated, hype wave is gone by today and while I ordered multiples as well I feel wasted. I hope MT does something and won't waste this release just like that, we can all agree that this figure has a huge potential. Maybe I'm too dramatic but well...
Man, you perfectly said how I also feel. You're 1000% right, feel so bad going all in buying a pair only to find out the body is a cheap mess for 215$!!!! That's absurd, guess hype really hit me hard in the face. I'm gonna repeat this as many times as I can, they need to fix this, as you said and I fully agree, this figure has HUGE potential why not make it their grail?? The talent is there, just laziness in my eyes. Please MT! Listen to us!

Man, you perfectly said how I also feel. You're 1000% right, feel so bad going all in buying a pair only to find out the body is a cheap mess for 215$!!!! That's absurd, guess hype really hit me hard in the face. I'm gonna repeat this as many times as I can, they need to fix this, as you said and I fully agree, this figure has HUGE potential why not make it their grail?? The talent is there, just laziness in my eyes. Please MT! Listen to us!
Agreed, at this point if they were going to use as cheap body, they could just release costume set like they did with Ada, bc that rubber body is useless and we need to get another body anyway. Most of us gonna display him with his shotgun in hand and elbows gonna crack in a year or two. I wish we had a contact information, do they have a FB group? While overall feedback is positive I truly want this to be a DEFINITIVE LEON figure and don't really want it to be wasted, I'd love to have a conversation with them. Laziness won't be forgiven! lol

choose your fighter lol

360122487_685741513568473_5241754139419599168_n.jpg
385781063_656469789959002_6313813353036929767_n.jpg

Agreed, at this point if they were going to use as cheap body, they could just release costume set like they did with Ada, bc that rubber body is useless and we need to get another body anyway. Most of us gonna display him with his shotgun in hand and elbows gonna crack in a year or two. I wish we had a contact information, do they have a FB group? While overall feedback is positive I truly want this to be a DEFINITIVE LEON figure and don't really want it to be wasted, I'd love to have a conversation with them. Laziness won't be forgiven! lol
Well, just made a post on Kit's group I want this to be known as much as possible as I know they can do WAY better. People just don't know just like we didn't know before @niekgrijz pointed it out. I also want this to be the definitive Leon figure as I know 100% Damtoys (if they make him) are going mess up the paint. You're gonna pay 400+ for accessories with Damtoys. So, all we can do is let people know, which I will. Master team can really do better, damn I sound like a broken record.

And yeah that's exactly how I wanted to pose him with the shotgun or the handgun but with the hand fully bent closed up. And no, laziness will NOT be forgiven. Damn shame! Now I really feel like a crazy freak, I was so hyped for this yesterday :ROFLMAO:

Well, just made a post on Kit's group I want this to be known as much as possible as I know they can do WAY better. People just don't know just like we didn't know before @niekgrijz pointed it out. I also want this to be the definitive Leon figure as I know 100% Damtoys (if they make him) are going mess up the paint. You're gonna pay 400+ for accessories with Damtoys. So, all we can do is let people know, which I will. Master team can really do better, damn I sound like a broken record.

And yeah that's exactly how I wanted to pose him with the shotgun or the handgun but with the hand fully bent closed up. And no, laziness will NOT be forgiven. Damn shame! Now I really feel like a crazy freak, I was so hyped for this yesterday :ROFLMAO:
Welcome to the Collector Freaks lol

Just checked and that body cost around 60$ I believe it is way cheaper in China where they buy bunch of them. SHAME SHAME SHAME
Thanks to @niekgrijz for opening our eyes
giphy.gif

I can't believe ppl pretending they are cool and advising us to get 100$ body on the FB post. Sweet Baby Leon I hate collector community lol
They're crazy LOL AND we should ALSO outsource to buy custom weapons and guns like WHAT?! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Honestly if they actually shown more care and added more accessories along with a stand, I don't think we would be complaining as much lol.

They're crazy LOL AND we should ALSO outsource to buy custom weapons and guns like WHAT?! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Honestly if they actually shown more care and added more accessories along with a stand, I don't think we would be complaining as much lol.
Yea that comment made me giggle lol
Just buy everything separately bro and pay extra 500$ lol

To be fair I was one of the people who commented on buying extra parts separately and changing bodies. I'm not saying spend almost $500 or more. I just tried to give a solution rather then complain. Yes it's barebones and the body is a bad choice but MT isn't Lim and have always cut corners, their Geralts have all used cheap bodies and lacked accessories, even so far as to not have finished paint on the silver sword handles re-using the same pair. If this was a situation were they released the heads, clothes and weapons similar to Ada for $140 people will complain harder. Lol

I think people have been waiting for a Leon figure for so long that when this one was posted a lot of you were blinded by hype, saying it looks amazing and whatnot and then the false assumption it was a collaboration with LIM just got folks more excited.
Now that the initial excitement has died down folks are seeing the figure for what it is, decent but not anything mind blowing.

The sculpt needs to be reworked, the body sucks but I don't see them changing it since people want seamless and MT doesn't have the funds to be getting expensive bodies. As far as the accessories it's common for third parties and even licensed brands to not do a lot of them because it reduces costs and it's soooo much easier for QC, that's why companies like Soosoo, Threezero, Toys Era and the other usual suspects give figures like 4 to 5 accessories or even less.

So look Master Team is a very small third party working with limited funds and doing mostly decent figures, calling them lazy and shaming them for not using expensive bodies on their figures or for not creating a new body which is a monumental task is not the way to go about this. It was always going to be a lose-lose situation, people will hate the included body and they would hate it if it didn't come with one but I do hope they listen to the criticism on the head because it's not great in my opinion.

At the end of the day folks need to stop getting carried away by the hype and going from one extreme to the other with their first impressions. When Ashley was announced she was met with so much hate and Ada was heavily criticized too so I was surprised to see Leon being received with such high praise but now that time has passed most agree that MT's Ashley wasn't as awful as it was claimed to be and now Leon is a huge disappointment even tho it was "AMAZING!" and the best thing ever just a day ago lol also buying multiple figures of something because of hype is nobody's fault but yours really.

Back