Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much of a hit do Hot Heart figs take from their proto? I think at face value the figure isn’t that bad, but I’d personally be nervous ordering one knowing the quality probably won’t look exactly like what is being shown. Which, let’s be real, there’s bound to be a downgrade somewhere.

AE937A3E-5324-4BAE-B29C-67A42FC28B1F.jpeg

No thanks, bro.

I’ll keep working on my kitbash. Still trying different bodies and clothing.

This body is a bit too muscular but I kinda love bodybuilder Leon. It’s more similar to a captain america or superman body.

Getting a Damtoys head repainted by Mark Simpson as well. I just have to find some nice anmo pouches and holsters for him (if anyone knows where I can get them, pls enlighten me).

I would not be surprised if MT toys, swtoys, damtoys or another company will jump on making a Leon that’s way more accurate in the near future.

$300 for that is kinda ridiculous. Very cheap bodies, bad sculpts that are maybe 6/10 there at best, garbage looking coat that's surely gonna peel after a year, and old old OLD recasted weapons. $230-$250 would've made a lot more sense.

55655211-ABF8-4501-9CFF-3C88F28A87DD.jpeg

I spent the entire evening sewing this jacket. Retailoring it, as it was ridiculously big even on this body which is pretty damn big. Very happy with the outcome though. Bad pic ‘cause the sun is going under. I’ll post better pics tomorrow if there’s a demand for it.

I do get it people have different of opinions but it third party do you really expect 10/10 likeness or accurate outfit.
I'm just happy that they trying to give fans/collectors something when a company with a license to make the figures don't make it.

I'm not sure what figures you have to call this awful lol I think he looks beautiful. :D Yes it isn't perfect but still a pretty nice figure. Accurate looking? No. Iconic? Yes. I actually like that tiny waist, it's so anime lol

Man, to me this is one of the worst looking figures I've seen recently. I'm not sure I could find one nice thing to say about it lol

I’m going to hold off on preordering Leon. I’ll just get some parts once the figure is broken down. Never really cared for the character but I’m sure it won’t be the last figure we see, licensed or not. It just comes down to people’s preference. I’ll definitely get the chainsaw dudes and mod them tho.

I do get it people have different of opinions but it third party do you really expect 10/10 likeness or accurate outfit.
I'm just happy that they trying to give fans/collectors something when a company with a license to make the figures don't make it.

I agree that you are never going to get a 10/10 likeness with third party OR licensed but there are definitely a lot of third party studios out there that actually put in an insane amount of effort when creating figures

I just think people should raise their standards in this case because this figure is a straight up lazy cash grab because they know there are no other RE4R Leons on the market and they are just trying to take advantage of that. I also find at baffling that some people would consider this an 8/10 figure, 8/10 is an extremely high score, standards must be very low

If you like the figure and want to buy it then thats great for you, I personally just wouldn’t settle for something like this and would much rather wait for a more accurate Leon.

We have companies like SooSoo, LimToys and GameToys out there producing high quality third party figures for great prices. I don't expect 10/10 but sorry, I'm not spending my money on figures that are subpar just for the sake of having a character on the shelf. I rather have nothing than have a half baked ****** overpriced figure on display. To each their own.

I’m going to hold off on preordering Leon. I’ll just get some parts once the figure is broken down. Never really cared for the character but I’m sure it won’t be the last figure we see, licensed or not. It just comes down to people’s preference. I’ll definitely get the chainsaw dudes and mod them tho.
I'm honestly a lot more excited about the chainsaw guys than I am over Leon. lol
Hell, give us a damn Chris and Jill figure with a shred of quality already! Literally the OG's of RE.
I love RE but man, I'm just about done with all of these half-baked RE figures being released lately. And the lack of quality control from Dam also didn't help. But at least their figures were accurate to the game, and they tried correcting their mistakes.
I think I'll wait and see what Dam comes up with next instead of getting any of the SW/MT/SD stuff - assuming they get to keep the license.
I'd rather have a game accurate, high quality $380 figure than a crappy, slapped-together RE cosplayer for $150.
Unless it's the more rare stuff like Jessica from SW, or the Chainsaw dudes. Thats the kind of stuff I'm interested in seeing!

Back